New to wc

sumguy66

Member!
Reaction score
Website
Visit site
alrite guys ive never played warcraft at all, not even warcraft 1 or 2, let alone 3,

i play diablo 2 lod and starcraft broodwar,

im seriously looking into buying warcraft 3,

i have 2 questions,

1. which warcraft u suggest i buy ? whick one the best 1,2 or 3?

2. is warcraft like starcraft? is it better?

Emperor Pan I

Respected Member
Reaction score
Originally posted by sumguy66
alrite guys ive never played warcraft at all, not even warcraft 1 or 2, let alone 3,

i play diablo 2 lod and starcraft broodwar,

im seriously looking into buying warcraft 3,

i have 2 questions,

1. which warcraft u suggest i buy ? whick one the best 1,2 or 3?

2. is warcraft like starcraft? is it better?
Question 1:
Ok, You really want to stay away from warcraft 1. IT is a joke.

Some people like warcraft 2 bnet edition. I suggest you avoid this also, because both races are almost the smae except spells.

Warcraft 3 also has an expansion. But there is a difference between the games still. I suggest warcraft 3 unless you have a crappy computer. If you have an older, useless computer get war2bnet edition or stick to SC.

Question 2:
Warcraft is an RPS where you build units and armies like in starcraft, buit there are lots of difference between the two gamse.

Biggest difference is heros. It sets the game apart from others. You get to control heros in the game, and you kill enemy units and neutral units placed on the map called creeps. Each units gives the hero exp in the middle of a battle, and each level grants the hero a new skill like an RPG.

Next is the food. If u like SC with it's 200 food limit, you might not like the lower food limit in War3. in the original the limit is 90, in TFT the limit is 100. Basicly, your limited in units, that nad there are less buildings and units to choose from.
The game is a cross between diablo and warcraft 2 in a slight way.

Warcraft 3 is alot more spell oriented. this makes it a great game. Sure Meele Air and AA play big parts, and there are 4 races to make it even greater.

Overall I tell u this. GET IT

~Pan~

x42bn6

Retired Staff
Reaction score
1) WC3 is way better, looks better, plays better and is overall better.

2) I prefer WC (I suck at SC), but WC is quite spell oriented, like Pan said.

Skeleton Kni

Member!
Reaction score
Website
clanMtF.cjb.net
I have all 3 Warcrafts. warcraft 1 should not even be considered, its jsut garbage. Warcraft 2 sucks because its pretty much only 1 race because all the units have the same HP, same dmg, same everything except sertain spells. but its also garbage. Definitely get WC3!!! it is the best game ever made. Plus wc1 dont have a bnet, and no one plays on wc2 bnet.

Emperor Pan I

Respected Member
Reaction score
Seriously, War1 should be erased from memory. It is soooo bad. And warcraft 2 is one race with different looks. but the war2 spells make orc superior.

sumguy66

Member!
Reaction score
Website
Visit site
thx alot, this helps excpet i cant buy it,

i forgot i have the most peice of shit computer arond

Soth

Reaction score
Website
Visit site
I suggest trying out warcraft II, simply because i enjoy it(personal bias). warcraft 3 has newer graphics; i wouldnt call them better, its more a matter of taste. i always thought of war3 as a newbie friendly game, which i felt is one of the reasons its so popular. you can suck at the game and still be considered average.

still, war3 has more people, and thus its easier to get a game : (
and blizzard still supports it at this time, so hacks are constantly being shutdown(i think?)