• Yes

Votes: 12 70.6%
  • No

Votes: 5 29.4%

• Total voters

cry0KiD

Member!
Reaction score
I don't get the point of having a portal, but whatevah.

jd-inflames

Melodic Murderer
Reaction score
Website
www.cursedprophets.com
It's a nice addition...there are better portals available, but thats just what Chris wanted =\

IDefy

BattleForums Senior Member
Reaction score
It's ok. I was wth? is this when i saw it, but it look pretty good. Easier to navigate.

Miss

Member!
Reaction score
Nice to see something new... but I don't liek it :(

amrtin77

Reaction score
Website
Visit site
whats the point? it doesnt really do much imo

Korittke

Member!
Reaction score
Website
Visit site
it could be filled with actual content regarding the games.. or not and im left with the question point? i like it but i dont think i need it at all, but it would be cool if there was more to it, then im all for something like that. or what summit has on _his forums :D

Premium Member
Reaction score
Website
gamerz-lounge.com
It is a bit....boring...you know what I'm say?

coRtALoS

-=[ Retired BF Admin ]=-
Reaction score
Website
www.BattleForums.com
Well it's constantly being updated.

Over the last 24 hours I've updated skins and the basic template. SCGhost is fully implemented on it now, and the general layout has been modified on the other skins so they look similar at least.

As far as I know it's fully compatible with just about any resolution, and if there's any browser compatibility issues, please PM Summit or myself.

I think what it needs now is suggestions from you guys. Content you think would help you out now. If there's some path you go on BattleForums that could be avoided, and cut waiting time you spend here, let us know and we'll see what can be done.

Possibly having Subscribed threads show up there as well?

Swooper and I have begun discussions of creating an entirely new forum strictly for Forum Suggestions, which may be a subdivision of the Tech Support section, or not. It's still in the "Discussion Phase", however it may be created as early as within the next few days or week if it's approved.

This is also a more effective way of communicating announcements to members that may not otherwise see them.

Stuff like the fact that we may have a total of $50 to award to multiple winners of an upcoming *secret* forum award... again, details will be posted on that portal page.

Yeah... that $50 got your attention, didn't it? Now think of the uproar we could have and the activity that would result if that were posted on that portal page. :)

For those of you that feel it still doesn't affect you in any particular way, hear me out.

This portal could become the start of something entirely new. Subsections could be created to allow people to write reviews about their favorite games, StarCraft/WarCraft/Counter Strike strategies, or uploading all sorts of gaming maps for public download.

From this page we can have archives and archives of stuff like "Best BattleForums Moments" including a compilation of some of the best quotes by our members (something that was done over a year ago with nothing but quotes from SkuZZy. Unfortunately that archive was lost from "The Placebo Incident".:()

Still don't find it appealing? Bookmark the forum homepage, or set the normal forum index as your homepage if you still don't like it.

This opens a whole world of opportunities for this community to grow however. :)

IDefy

Reaction score
Uploads would be a great add...

"This portal could become the start of something entirely new. Subsections could be created to allow people to write reviews about their favorite games, StarCraft/WarCraft/Counter Strike strategies, or uploading all sorts of gaming maps for public download."

The reviews would be nice but im not too sure many people would bother to actually take there time to write there own. It would be nice to read them if someone was planning to buy that game.

I don't see anything wrong with the portal, so it takes an extra click to get to the BF forums from the portal, so what, so far it's been easier to login for me anyway.