New idea for D3 (dont think anyones come up with this idea yet)

Dragnskull

Retired Staff
Reaction score
I think in DIII you should be able to have *drumroll* Pets!

thats right, like a merc, but not a merc...a PET! not a dog or cat either...or a pet goldfish

like each act should give you a few different choices that go along with the surroundings... (use d2 as an example here)
if diabloII had this feature...it would be like this:
Act1 - 3 pets to choose from, Some type of bird, Wolf, Bear
Act2 - 1 pet to choose from, Scorpion
Act3 - 2 pets to choose from, Snake , Ape
Act4 - 1 pet to choose from, Demon
Act5 - 1 pet to choose from , Yettie (or however its spelled)

see? i think this would be a cool idea, you could costimize his/her name, color, and find armor just for your pet, give him the ability to lvl, and like a merc, have each one give some type of attribute, from freezing enemies to slowly healing you...

this, along with summons and mercs, would be cool if you ask me

L

Laharl

WoW does, but only if you buy some sort of special package, and get the code. Not a bad idea - sounds fun. Would the pet be able to level? Or would it just be there for show.

Reaction score
Would the pet be able to level? Or would it just be there for show.
find armor just for your pet, give him the ability to lvl
Sounds like a cool idea

Dragnskull

Retired Staff
Reaction score
yes he/she would be able to lvl, and when they do there str and speed would encrease, along witht he power of there skill (whatever it may be)

NOTE: i had no clue wow had this ability, damn, they took my idea.

L

Laharl

Yeah, but for WoW you need to buy the collector's edition to get it.

I do have one suggested change:
Act2 - Scorpian - Lays eggs in corpses, creating Scorpian Young after a little time. (uses axes)
Act3 - Snake - Constricts enemies, slowing them and dealing damage. (Uses daggers)
. - Bird - Fast, not affected by terrain, pecks out eyes like Ravens. (uses spears)
Act4 - Demon - Uses weak versions of minor curses (level one) and can summon 1 - 10 weaker skeletons (balance issue?) (Uses wands)
Act5 - Yettie - Melee pet, equipped with a resist cold variation that gives TINY amounts of cold absorbs (Uses mace-type weapons)

And... *Drum roll*
Act1 - A COW! - No special abilities, but the highest melee damage. (Uses Polearms)

Just expanding slightly. Let me know your thoughts on it. Please be kind, I only came up with this on the fly. :)

Dragnskull

Retired Staff
Reaction score
not bad, but when i said pets, i didnt mean like cows from the secret cow lvl kinda pets, i ment an actual scorpion, or an actual snake, not a snake able to hold weapons n stuff...although maybe they are bigger...like the scorpion would be as big as...uh...up to ur knees or something *nodz* but ne ways......thats why i didnt say they use weapons, although i think ur idea isnt too bad...

however, id stick with my original idea, cause then ur pets = nothing more then another merc

McGorilla

Member!
Reaction score
wouldnt your pet just by any small chance...kill you :S ? I mean, its not easy to control a scorpion let alone a Yeti. Anyway...upi!

I_Robbie

Member!
Reaction score
Website
l33tsk83rs.vze.com
It seems like this would be more of an add on to D2 and not a thing for d3 since you choose the pets depending on the acts of d2. also cants you have pets if your a druid? and In Wow you can have a pet of any "beast" if you are a hunter i think. I like the idea but it shouldnt go along with D2 as much.

McGorilla

Member!
Reaction score
Originally Posted by CelestialBeaver
Don't get cocky with me young man. Or as the Canadians say "Thou shalt not give me yon lip ye wastrel!"

Awesome man :D

Dragnskull

Retired Staff
Reaction score
i was using d2 acts as an example. they were just the examples...EXAMPLE. cause i was too lazy to create new d3 acts lol

the druid has pets (kinda), but there more like a necros summons, and ive already explained that in a previous post.

and as for the taming of the pets...fine, then u have to train them to certain lvls as you progress through the game or else they wont obay you as well (attack you sometimes)

and ne ways, who cares about taming? is anything in the diablo series that real? maybe in d3 animals have decided to help out humans, thats why there teaming up. so :p on you.

AlmightyMonk

Member!
Reaction score
It is an interesting concept indeed. But you know just in case they're not going to release D3 for some time, they should definetly release a new patch with maybe some of these ideas for d2.

SweatyOgre

BattleForums Senior Member
Reaction score
Wouldn't be that hard to do, just create another kind of merc, make it exactly like a merc with different char model. Maybe even create a new NPC to buy them from, but the same NPC in every act..or even just from Deckard Cain.

I_Robbie

Member!
Reaction score
Website
l33tsk83rs.vze.com
it seems cinda pointless to change mercs into pets. mabey if you tewaked the idea so that they were a litttle diffrent from mercs.

Deathmetal0987

Member!
Reaction score
that is a really good idea. Blizzard should find ideas like D&D. like you were saying companions that can battle, but you can level up without using you valuable skills, you should be able to level up animal like a mercenary. Use skills for improving you own character!!!hellyeeeaaaaaahhhhh!!!