Need opinions on something

Theroy

BattleForums Senior Member
Reaction score
Website
www.securegamers.com
Well I want to start a battleforums laddering system like b.net's but it would be for bf members who insert there name in it.

It's a script I came across and it's really quite neat and I want to play with it. I'd get Forged to help me and if anyone else wants to be my guest. But it would be great way to rank people on bf.

We could give it a trial...

Above_70Percent

Member!
Reaction score
Website
ourworld.cs.com
I know what your talkin bout do we have enough members to do that?

Theroy

Reaction score
Website
www.securegamers.com
Well we'd need about 8 to start.

NeverGoingBack

Reaction score
Im down with that.... how would it work though. Like BF's own pvpgn server?

DigitalElite

Premium Member
Reaction score
Website
fishdynastyproducts.deviantART.com
I m up for being on the laddar system...although I will be at the bottom of it :(

None293823

Premium Member
Reaction score
I guess we can do it, Theroy. But because you and Forged have this idea I dont know with what I can help you.

Reaction score
I dont know.. it sounds kind of lame, I mean we already have a ladder system. but i'll help ya if you need me

Aragorn7

Member!
Reaction score
This actually is something that I completely looked over as a staff member. Having our own ranking system would be kind of cool and would encourage a lot of playing between members. I remember back when I used to play Command and Conquer: Renegade (yes, ages ago), they would have a system that would track all of the points and put them on the site. They basically just kept adding up until the end of the week when someone would be named champion and it would all start over.

You could use a similar battle.net system, or you could use a system that deals with specifics from the game (like the one I talk about above). I think that a system where it continues to add up is kind of cool, although it isn't always as accurate (skill wise). It is up to you guys, but I would be all for it if I was still playin. ;)

Above_70Percent

Member!
Reaction score
Website
ourworld.cs.com
There are several sites that are like what forge and theroy will do. For the ones that I've been in, the ones that I've checked out is like EXACTLY like bnets ranking except you just gotta be a member of that site. They have things such as levels and Icons too, which im not sure if were gonna hve.

Premium Member
Reaction score
Website
gamerz-lounge.com
I guess I'll try it, even though I only play RoC.

Emperor Pan I

Respected Member
Reaction score
Sc ladder system is completely broken, the entire thing is horrible, and little to no skill is required to get on it.

Forged

Premium Member
Reaction score
Website
www.securegamers.com
The SC system is great, it is just easilly abused. If someone abuses our ladder we can easilly catch them and ban their account seeing as it isn't a hige ladder like SC.

Above_70Percent

Member!
Reaction score
Website
ourworld.cs.com
lol Pan jacked my lil thing. His thing says "owned-by-pan inc." Don't copy me man ^^

Yah sc ladder is easily abused but it should be fun, can you guys do like the wc3 one? where you can actually gain levels, and it has like exp and stuff.

NeverGoingBack

Reaction score
Bump

anything new reguarding this? I figured youd let us know if thier was, but though i would give it a bump as reminder, cuase it sounds like a great idea.

None293823

Premium Member
Reaction score
Really dont know. We'll have low level people until they restore their higher lvls

Sakuhta

Reaction score
mm.. hello, rule break. Not allowed to bump a thread more than two weeks old. Could've PMed Theroy or Forged.

Theroy

Reaction score
Website
www.securegamers.com
06-28-2004

07-05-2004

Is not 2 weeks.