Need a good rogue leveling build.

Renzokuken

Saved
Reaction score
I guess this is basically aimed at _Chris, since he's the only forumer that plays a rogue, but you're all welcome to chime in.

I need a leveling build. Rogues are the one class where i can't make a build on my own. I've never played a rogue before, i've only seen how they're played and what they can do. That's basically the reason i want to play a rogue. I like melee classes and i've already got a warrior.

She's only level 10 so far.

TrongaMonga

Grumpy Old Grandpa
Reaction score
Not that it matters, but what race? Not Undead is she?

Probably BE, rite?

Renzokuken

Saved
Reaction score
I wanted a female because i've only ever rolled male characters. And female blood elves > male blood elves.

So yes, a BE.

RyanXWing

Nothing special
Reaction score
Combat swords!
1. Lots of swords in the game.
2. You dont have to get BEHIND your enemy which makes solo PvE 10x easier!

Renzokuken

Saved
Reaction score
So should i put 5/5 malice (Crits are kewl) or just go straight combat? Is there anything i shouldn't get?

Jason

BattleForums Guru
Reaction score
From what I hear..most people spec combat for leveling. Also, I'm sure the official WoW forums are crawling with rogue builds.

Note: Malice is looked at as a bread and butter talent I believe.

Renzokuken

Saved
Reaction score
Yeah. I was asking because i wasn't sure if it would be more beneficial if i skipped malice until a later level if there was something in the combat tree that i'd want asap, rather than waiting an extra five levels because of malice.

TehWave

Member!
Reaction score
Hey! I have a rogue too. Look at my signature. >.<

and yeah, combat sword/mace is the best PvE build I know. Do not go backstab/dagger as I did, cause it arent that great.

Reaction score
for leveling, combat anything, and no never go straight combat, you need lethality for every rogue build in existence, id reccomend 5/5 malice, then you can dump the other 5 wherever you please, but you NEED lethality, it's not an option.

IDefy

BattleForums Senior Member
Reaction score
If your going to be doing BG's i'd invest in malice asap if not its not completely necessary. Make sure you get blade flury and adrenaline rush, great for multiple mobs. you don't need anything in sublety.