NE~What is the best unit that NE has if used right?

What is the best NE unit if used right?

• DotT

Votes: 3 25.0%
  • Hippo riders

Votes: 2 16.7%
  • Chims

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • DotC

• Dryads

• Hunts

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Other (Frairie, archers....and everything else.)

Votes: 3 25.0%

• Total voters

Xiode

Member!
Reaction score
What is the best unit that NE has if used right?

What do you guys think?
I think it is defenately either
1) DotT
2) Hippo riders...

But DotT I think is better overall.

CitricAcid13

Member!
Reaction score
Website
Visit site
Archers!!! Greatest upgrades in the game and so versatile especially in team games.. they get betetr as you tech more. 24 3/3 archers + long bows + markmanship with a priestess and a dh = pwnage

NeverGoingBack

BattleForums Senior Member
Reaction score
no hes rite archers have alot of upgrades and are easy to mass recently ive owned about 4 games in a row massing fully upgraded archers i love telling the compitition they just got bitch slapped by the most underated unit in WC3

ShadowStealer87

Member!
Reaction score
Website
Visit site
"[no hes rite archers have alot of upgrades and are easy to mass recently ive owned about 4 games in a row massing fully upgraded archers i love telling the compitition they just got bitch slapped by the most underated unit in WC3]"

Those must have been 4 noobs cause i want to see u try that against someone who is good.

CitricAcid13

Member!
Reaction score
Website
Visit site
Archers is great. I always hear people saying... if you go that strat watch me whoop your ass... well no shit every strat can be countered... I think that is the most foolproof, maybe put a couple hunts in there instead of a couple archers to take some hits. They cost 2 food!

Xiode

Member!
Reaction score
Hunts are gay....they might be good early in the game for team rushing, but other than that I think they suck. Archers are better than hunts....but that doesn't say much because archers are stupid tier one units. I know they do semi-good damage, but still, DotT/Chims or such would own them.

x42bn6

Retired Staff
Reaction score
I don't think NE has a killer unit if you ask me. While you can amass 2 units for all the rest of the races and win you can't with NE.

Though Archers, yes, are insane. Hunts aren't gay, they're just unarmored but serve well while teching Bears and Dryads.

Emperor Pan I

Respected Member
Reaction score
archers to me are the most used, most respected, easiest to mass, easiest to rush with, hardest to micro, hard to beat, and all around most used unit for Ne.

Emperor Pan I

Respected Member
Reaction score
Dott has a low attack, does magic damage, and is used mainly for antair now. plus farie fire and cyclone is easily disbelled

NeverGoingBack

Reaction score
yes and art_of_war u said that if i used that strat u would stomp me that is only cuase u know what strat i was using any one proly could but i would till make challenging, but to the unsuspecting radom player well they just got owned

oh and ur dotts are f'n lame and hipps aint shit without archers so face it its all about archers and if your using either of these units on a common bases im guessing ur about a 20% player

Xiode

Member!
Reaction score
Heh, first off all, its basis, not bases.
Next, I bet I could still own you even if I was unaware of your mass archers.

BTW, I never said I went hippo riders....

x42bn6

Retired Staff
Reaction score
I don't really know why you like DotTs so much. As Pan said, they're weaker and used for AA but Archers can hurt Air much harder, plus they don't need spells to deal plenty of damage.

CitricAcid13

Member!
Reaction score
Website
Visit site
Archers are all-around very sufficient. The second most useful IMO would have to be dryads. Slow, Poison, Decent Damage, and auto dispel? Awesome.

Xiode

Member!
Reaction score
I'd rather go dryads than archers....they do nice damage, and have nice spells/ablities.

NeverGoingBack

Reaction score
not to mention archers have ivisibility that can be use to evade the enemy or build a wall around the enemy

he he he

CitricAcid13

Member!
Reaction score
Website
Visit site
Dryads take more tech... and take more food so it's a lot easier to mass archers. And with the upgrades... Dryads average attack = 23... archers = 26. + Archers have better range than dryads with the upgrade. The auto dispel is tempting though.

x42bn6

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Larger air such as Chims and FW could prove better to use Dryads though.

And Dryads take less tech. Since they fall under the same tech path as Bears, it makes a tempting combo to go both. Archers, on the other hand don't reach ultimate deadliness until 3/3, Marksmenship and Improved Bows, plus Trueshot.