NE~warden skills choices

Aquiyutiluded

Member!
Reaction score
Website
Visit site
warden skills choices

I usually go fan of knives because it's a pretty darn good spell but i would like to know whether shadow strike is any good. Note: my first priority in battles is to take out hero. While shadow strike is much better then fan of knives for that job, fan of knives actually hurts other units, so i can't make up my mind. Some one help me!

Siphon

Member!
Reaction score
Website
slashdot.org
Well I always go with Shadow Strike and Blink. All you have to do is let the hero lose a little health, blink behind it, shadow strike, then target it for the kill since it's slowed. Fan, contrary to popular belief, does damage to surrounding units, but isnt really too much to turn the tables of a battle. If you use it on peons at lvl2 or get 2 lvl1 fans in as a harassment technique it'd work, but SS is definetly better in battle.

NerullReaper

Member!
Reaction score
Website
http
I agree,fan of knifes is good for harrasing or rushing.But in a mid game or a hero kill its not very good.The SS is the way to go for that.Even though it hurts only one unit its like poison with slow.

ShadowStealer87

Member!
Reaction score
Website
Visit site
i go with fan of knives so that i can rush them and when its night use hide than when you have enough mana use fan thats just to keep them busy until i get some hunts and arch

Swooper

Respected Member
Reaction score
Website
www.battleforums.com
I kinda alternate on and off each game. If im playing an orc and see that hes teching, I'll get shadow strike, but if im facing mass teir one I usually get fok. If I dont know, I just get whichever one I feal in the mood for =)

NeverGoingBack

BattleForums Senior Member
Reaction score
i start with fan of knives and the SS i never get blink ( until i have to ) and always get at least a lvl 6 warden

i like to mass archers and hunts through out the game so fan of knives is awesome in mid game cuase it weakens many units for my units to kill off

Xiode

Member!
Reaction score
FoN all the way.....for a couple of reasons.
1) Does an area of affect damage
2) Does almost as much damage as shadow strike, except to multiple units.
3) Can rip apart units at lvl 2 or 3....such as archers, footies, ghouls.....and so on.

There are rare occasions when I get shadow strike, but most of the time Blink + FoN works for me.

NeverGoingBack

BattleForums Senior Member
Reaction score
im find that blink is an awsome ability but only for the defensive player wich usualy is the player that will lose. SS owns hero's

Xiode

Member!
Reaction score
Yeah, I agree with you on the SS thing, but dryads can accomplish almost the same thing. Also, I'm an aggressive offensive player, and I use blink....

CitricAcid13

Member!
Reaction score
Website
Visit site
I honestly have never used FoK... I;ve never even had a need to. I have only used her once or twice but when I have SS + Blinkn have done quite sufficiently. Maybe I should try it out sometimes, but SS is such a great spell.

Xiode

Member!
Reaction score
I don't like SS....I just don't like the idea of doing damage to only one unit, when you could be hitting tons.

CitricAcid13

Member!
Reaction score
Website
Visit site
Hitting one for more is in my opinion better than hitting more but for less. That SS can put a near dead hero out, while Fan of Knives doesn't have the power. Plus you can cast it in the beginning in the battle, it will do immediate damage and damage over time.

FH_big-hit

Reaction score
Website
Visit site
SS owns fon especially with blink. and it only costs 65 mana so u can keep hitting nme hero. SS is a great anti hero skill.

Xiode

Member!
Reaction score
Yeah, but FoK does just slightly less damage but damages all units around the Warden.....I think it is much more useful, especially at taking out those tier one units such as archers, ghouls, and footies. It doesn't help as much against orc though, unless they have low hp casters or something.....or wind riders, which it owns.

CitricAcid13

Member!
Reaction score
Website
Visit site
FoK may be the best skill early on... it can really kill ghouls / footies. But once it hits tier 2 / tier 3 battles. You think those aboms / knights / tauren will care about a lvl 3 FoK? It doesn't hurt them that much at all. While SS can still take out the opposing hero.

Emperor Pan I

Respected Member
Reaction score
Shadow strike is much better than FOK, because FOK does little damage, especialy to stronger units. SS is great for heros, you can cast it alot of times, and it deals major damage to a hero.

M3_feelin_0wn3d

Member!
Reaction score
Website
Visit site
with FoK u mostly hit ATLEAST 10 units when ur in combat or 4 when creeping... well count . if im right shadow strike does 75 damage to each unit... wel count it up. shadow strike does level 1 65+5x15=140. and to 1 units ONLY! . fan knives. 75x10=750 damage... or 75x4=300 ... so uhm even shadow strike only uses 65 mana u wont get to 300 anyway. gogoooooooo fok