NE~I have a Question...

SpX

Member!
Reaction score
Website
www.battleforums.com
I have a Question...

I have a question about if this is a good strat for 1v1. I go Kotg then DH then Potm and I get DotT/DotC/Hunts/Dryad. Please help me beacause I have been having some troubles lately.

gevorgkhc

I'm a pirate stfu
Reaction score
Website
Visit site
hmm....so you want to go all three heros and mixed units for 1v1? First of all, if you're getting them, I reccommend you use hunts at first, but not for a big majority cuz I reccomend you only use 1 upgrade/defence, 2 will slow you down. Second, I don't think you'll have enough time to get a good army of all of the above + 3 heros. 3 heros = 1500 G 300 L if I'm not mistaken. If you spend that much on heros, how are you gonna develop a huge army. In theory, what you said sounds like a great plan, but in actual 1v1 play, you won't have enough time to get 3 heros and a well developed big army....

well, that was my opinion, you can either accept it or reject it

SpX

Member!
Reaction score
Website
www.battleforums.com
Well, maybe I should just stick with KotG and not get the other two heros. I think it might help my strategy. Maybe I should just go DotT/A couple of hunts/DotC/Dryad. That might work for me. Anyone else got some other suggestions for me or does this sound good?

darkrionis

Member!
Reaction score
Website
Visit site
To me it seems like it would take a while to tech to get to that point. And while your trying to get the DotT/DotC/Dryads, you could be rushed by a massive army of grunts or other startin units. Then it would be instant game over when you try to defend with your KotG and couple of hunts.

darkrionis

Member!
Reaction score
Website
Visit site
Ya try to rush... build fer hunts make like a few of em (i suggest 5 but if u think your buildin them fast enough 2 or 3 might do).
when your ready harass while... you tech for all those units.
And if your lucky you might not even need those units.

This is what i suggest.

SpX

Member!
Reaction score
Website
www.battleforums.com
Okay...so you mean I make 2-5 hunts and then go harass them? Then while I'm harassing them, I tech to Dryad/DotC/DotT? Sounds good if that's what you're saying.

darkrionis

Member!
Reaction score
Website
Visit site
Yup exactly what i'm sayin.
And mess around with it a bit, might not be solid since i thought of it in a minute.

SpX

Member!
Reaction score
Website
www.battleforums.com
I did that, but I still lost...hmm...I guess I just have to get better at it. That will most likely work. Check out my thread in Replays and Screenshots for a game that I lost but won because the guy lagged out but I was going to lose. So please check that out for me and then give me some ideas.

gevorgkhc

I'm a pirate stfu
Reaction score
Website
Visit site
unfortunatly, I can't watch the replay cuz the freakin gay TFT cd got scratched and screwed and my comp got a virus :-/

anyway, what darkrionis said was a good strat. are you harrassing correctly? when you build AoE and Hunter's Hall isn't built yet, make some archers until it is. afterwards, harrass and rush! pump out a couple more hunts and archers and rally to hero. if you don't succeed yet, quickly build AoL and pump out dryads, while upgrading them in Hunter's Hall. If you think you have enough gold, build an AoW and make a couple DotT for Farie Fire (an initial spell I like). Keep on pumping out dryads. make some DotC while you're at it, with bear form. if you see the enemy is going melee, pump out DotC bears. *Also remember about Chims!!

**For Melee**
seems like dryads (for poisen) + bears + farie fire (reduces armor) = some serious damage.

also farie fire (reduces armor) + chims = a dead army
**End Melee**

also keep on making dryads so they can slow poisen them. you can also make a POTM (if you didn't get her as a first hero) and make her learn True Shot Aura.

sorry for not talking into the TFT units cuz I'm getting used to RoC for now, until I re-buy TFT. This will be a killer strat in RoC. but don't underestimate this strat

SpX

Member!
Reaction score
Website
www.battleforums.com
Alright sounds good. Can't you just use RoC CD to play TFT? I've done it before. Oh well. That strat sounds good so the order is:
-4 Wisps to gold
-1 Wisp to Altar
-2 Wisps at Hall
-First Wisp goes to Moon Well
-2nd Wisp goes to build Ancient of War
-Build 5 Wisps at Hall to wood
-Altar Wisp go to Gold Mine
-Moon Well Wisp goes to Wood
-Get hunter's hall
-Moon Well
-POTM
-3 archs
-When HH is done build 3 hunts
-Harass when 3rd arch is done
I think that's a good starting strat. Do you think it is?

gevorgkhc

I'm a pirate stfu
Reaction score
Website
Visit site
I can't play with RoC cd cuz if you read, my comp is ****ed cuz of a virus and I had to reinstall my comp.

Anyway, that sounds like a great plan. Actually, the beginning sounds exactly like mine. If you still lose, just post here what you did, how the enemy got the upper hand, and if you know, what did you do wrong.

[x]Steben[x]

Member!
Reaction score
Website
Visit site
Originally posted by SpX
Alright sounds good. Can't you just use RoC CD to play TFT? I've done it before. Oh well. That strat sounds good so the order is:
-4 Wisps to gold
-1 Wisp to Altar
-2 Wisps at Hall
-First Wisp goes to Moon Well
-2nd Wisp goes to build Ancient of War
-Build 5 Wisps at Hall to wood
-Altar Wisp go to Gold Mine
-Moon Well Wisp goes to Wood
-Get hunter's hall
-Moon Well
-POTM
-3 archs
-When HH is done build 3 hunts
-Harass when 3rd arch is done
I think that's a good starting strat. Do you think it is?
No, you didn't. Unless magically all the TFT data transfered through mid air to RoC disk, it didn't happen.

Theroy

BattleForums Senior Member
Reaction score
Website
www.securegamers.com
Originally posted by ihaveproblems
No, you didn't. Unless magically all the TFT data transfered through mid air to RoC disk, it didn't happen.
heh once you installed the game on to your harddrive you don't need the cd anymore. The only reason it checks for a cd when you boot up is for anti-piracy reasons. And there's the no cd-crack. And yes your ROC cd will work with frozen Throne. And vice versa.