NE~flying unit....hippos,chims or fairies?

Emperor Pan I

Respected Member
Reaction score
hipporiders are the best. chims are to expensive and slow to get. Fairys are antiair units, so there is no real use in using them unless your opponenet gets casters.

Shizo

Member!
Reaction score
Website
Visit site
hipporiders aernt best, they are fine against ground, chims own ground and buildings, chim easily own heros, and hipporiders take too long to kill melee units, like grunts, it takes 8 riders about 5 shots each to kill one. i love riders, dont get me wrong, but chims are the better air unit for night elf.

Emperor Pan I

Respected Member
Reaction score
But chims can be killed so easily against a good palyer. you can't tell me that an undead player with fiends and gargoyles will not rape them.

ShadowStealer87

Member!
Reaction score
Website
Visit site
why does everyone spell faeries wrong? oh well i would say that it all depended on what your opponent was going faeries are anti-casters good vs shaman and especially helpful against necs. chims would mic well with hipps. so it really depends on your opponent.

Emperor Pan I

Respected Member
Reaction score
Faeries (you happt i spelt it right) are best used versus autocast spells like fairy fire, raise dead and bloodlust to name a few. they can be hellannoying. but they are weak.

Emperor Pan I

Respected Member
Reaction score
Originally posted by Shizo
yeah but pan spelled Hella-annoying wrong : )

Faeries are good against anything that uses spells. Not just auto spells.
I said they were best against autocast, since they will continue to try and cast and continue to have damage dealt to them. obviously they are good for every unit.

Thistle

Senior Spammer
Reaction score
Website
Visit site
FAERIES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
they are good because of phase out of existance and they are a good anti air (bad damage) but they have lots of spells that are good to use to make up for it

Emperor Pan I

Respected Member
Reaction score
Faeries are weak, and should only be built for casters, even with phase shift, they are still to weak to take on anything that attacks above the one digit.

Xiode

Member!
Reaction score
Yeah, I agree....I was playing RT once, and this guy kept going fraries despite the fact that they kept getting owned by wyverns....he was too stupid to figure out to go DotT.

CitricAcid13

Member!
Reaction score
Website
Visit site
I'd still have to go with the fact you have to scout out the enemy. If they have any air go with some hippos (not riders) + chims. With any decent hero you will do pretty well (or as well as you can do with air)