My ideas for Starcraft 2

Treva

Reaction score
Website
Visit site
I wanted to make this thread separate and appart from the other starcraft 2 ideas thread because I wanted an open discussion of them... Not just to voice my ideas and have no/very little responce to them. I have these same idea's on other forums because I want to get the greatest discussion possible out of everyone... Thanks for any oppinion.

I hear alot of different people talking about starcraft 2 over the internet. Asking about different aspects what they would like to see... New units they think they would like and I have come to several conclusions.

Zerg need to have more units as to show their assimilation of several hundred other species into their own.

Terran need to show more of their firepower...

Protoss need to get serious about fighting the threats to their race...

I have come up with another method to satisfy everyones needs... Here are my lists of things I would like to see in Starcraft 2. Including a new system I will post for each race then I will discuss smaller individual needs of each race.

Pre-battle system (Tribes)

My P.B.S. or "Tribes" System is designed to allow starcraft players to custumize their race and still keep everything balanced in the game... This is to give each player a more unique setting and make it far more difficult for someone to simply "Mass one kind of unit and obliterate everything." It is a system designed by myself and as far as I've been able to calculate it works very well... I Don't have any code (Not enough time/money) but I know it works because of my awsome mathamatical skill. Each race will have two or three bars which they use to customize their race... When you add to one it will take away from the others... This is all done before you start the game and cannot be modified once the game has begun.

The Zerg PBS:

Zerg are supposed to be biologicaly supperior to other races and have hundreds of different species within their own correct? Well I propose these two bars:

Strength, and Speed. They will be given 10 points and they distribute them how they please amung the two as they please with a minimum level of 1 in either.

The following are examples of what you would get if you placed 10 into one or the other.

Adding to strength will increase life, armor, and damage making for more of a battering ram force but making it very untactical and easy to out manuver. Excelent for destroying enemy bases and stopping "100 goliath rushs" and whatnot. However the race becomes slower and makes units harder to "repopulate" then the speed zerg.

Speed will allow the player to have faster moving, attacking and populating units. increasing the respawn rate and attack rate... Making for a very mobile force capable of relocating very quickly and making lightning raids against opponents. However they will be frail and easy to destoy with any allotment of firepower.

The following is examples of how the units change when you add points to either strength or speed. Asspecting to the various races within the zerg hive clusters to show the different assimilations and evolutions.

Each stat will start at 5 and when you add or take away from one it will make a difference on how the unit looks. I will describe how they look with speed 6-19 and strength 6-9. Seeing as that is all I need to describe.

As speed increases so to does strength drop. I will use a zergling as an example.

At level 6 speed the zergling will simply have slightly longer legs and generaly look slightly frailer. It's claws will become shorter and it will grow a small tail for extra balance while running.

At level 7 speed the zergling will be visualy noticably longerand have much lighter apearing carapace. It's tail becomes sightly longer and it's legs also stretch out over a longer span for faster sprinting.

At level 8 speed the zergling sprouts a second tail, becoming longer and sleeker. Its crest on the back of it's head molds in to conect with its back.

At level 9 speed the zergling's tails become a fan and it grows a pair of glide like wings for short flights. Not enabling it to fly but rather to make short glides that exceed its capabilities for running speed. It has a second set of claws grow in to provide extra attacks. The zergling now appears to have an incredibly thin body and it very vunerable to enemy fire.

As strength increases speed will drop. This will allow players who are more into biological titans to have fun. I will continue using the zergling as my example.

At level 6 strength the zergling becomes slightly larger, having elongated claws and more bulky carapace. Nothing special.

At level 7 strength the zergling stands on it's hind legs only and uses it's fore claws to attack as well. It becomes visably larger and it's claws grow larger still.

At level 8 strength the zergling is begining to resemble an average hydralisk in size but still stands on two legs, its crest grows larger and spines begin to grow on it's sides and back.

At level 9 strength the zergling is the size of a average hydralisk. It has huge spines jutting out from its sides and can litteraly tear most opponents appart. It's crest is now at its full size to represent more of a royal zerg rank but it is more of a show to frighten enemies. The zergling at this stage can almost take a average zealot on one on one.

As well as these facts changing the biology of the zerg will also have impact on resorces in the game. To add to strength is to add to mineral costs. While to add to speed is to add to gas costs. Subtracting from the other of coarse.

Before I show my Terran/Protoss modifacations I would like to get some oppinions on these. I will also discuss other individual aspects of the races that should be modified later.

Wing Zero

lol just as planned
Reaction score
lvl system like WC3?

Treva

Reaction score
Website
Visit site
No it's pre-battle desided before you begin the game... The modifacations apply to all the units in your army. I'm just saying levels because it's the easiest anology... It's more of a custumization and it shows to the degree you place strength/speed.

B)ushid(o

BattleForums Senior Member
Reaction score
Sounds a little too complex. The reason I like StarCraft is because of its complexity in strategy, but it also has a simple design. I dunno, your idea seems pretty good too. It looks kind of cumbersome though. Cool idea, but would it actually work?

Treva

Reaction score
Website
Visit site
Yes it works... It is alot simpler then you think... It is simply a quick modifacation you make before you go to battle to give you a more custum and unique feeling race... It aslo adds to the aspect of stratagy so that people don't actualy know the best stratagy to employ on their enemy untill they have done a bit of scouting to find out there enemies strength's and weakness's... Rather then what the original starcraft became like with mass carrier/bc/hydra rush's... In this game those tactics could become very obsolete making it more tactical without taking away from the "Enormas War" feeling of starcraft that everyone likes...

It's the same as choosing a race really... If you have played AoE you pretty well can know that there are over 20 different groups that are very unique... This all and all makes out to a total of 30 different groups... and 3 species...

I have not really made any estimentations for the Xel'Naga or Hybrid races... seeing as they are not really described to well so I wouldn't know how to make their "Tribes" Work.

Finaly; Yes it works... I have tested the engine on warcraft 3 (Yes warcraft 3 I know) By using its advanced map editor to make all the modifacations and increases/decreases the units need... Don't ask for the map... I don't have the internet at home...

I have made it so the 3 races are balanced... So I have no doubt that blizzard could do the same if not MORE with this engine I created.

Treva

Reaction score
Website
Visit site
Here are the protoss ;)

The protoss are designed much differently the the zerg seeing as they are not based around making the most powerful biological titans or the fastest runner but rather the most skilled warriors and the most powerful phychers. So with the protoss modifacations comes a more "Universal" Upgrades and degrades... Making the Protoss more balanced then Terran or Zerg. They are much more complex then the Zerg as well so I will go into alot more detail with the protoss description.

The Protoss "Tribes" Consist of again only 2 bars this time it is Skill and Phyonics. Skill will modify Damage, Attack speed, and Life. While Phyonics will modify Shields, energy attacks, and shield recharge rate. This allows players to give their protoss units an attack or defend feel... Since most people know phyonic powers are relativaly weak and usless in starcraft when it comes to attacking because most of the time you end up either damaging your own units or not doing enough damage to theirs to really do anything... However there is nothing funnyer then when a 12 carrier rush is haulted by 24 templars defending the base.

Again as you level up Skill phyonics will decrease... This will show the difference between the Protoss' warrior caste and their templar caste. The heavy skill players will be able to use basic units like zealots and Dragoons more effectivly but by the same token makes archons and templars all but usless. While those who use heavy phyonics are both better redied for hit and run tactics (Run in destroy a few things get out loosing only a few units and have the shields back up in no time.) And utalize phyonics better. However the life of the Protoss units will be severaly penalized seeing as phyonic tribes would be recruiting non-warrior Zealots and Dragoons into their legions without adaquite training. However they can make Archons with loads of life to soak up hits for the Templars.

Now I'll go through the "Level" System to eplain how much they will change and how they will change with each level. Starting with Skill at level 6-9 using a zealot as my example.

Skill Level 6; The protoss Zealots gain a small amount of health and damage. They do not at all physicaly change but will show slightly more flurished attacks in melee. Their shield total and shield regeneration rate are penalized allowing the units themselves to become wounded faster and easier. Phyonics seem relativaly effected having lower damage and durations.

Skill Level 7; The Zealot becomes slightly tougher and stronger representing this with larger phy-blades and slightly more bulky armour. Again the shield total drops more as well as the regeneration rate. Phyonics are being penalized with lowered damage done and lower durations.

Skill Level 8; Attacks become very flourished and polished looking. They have slightly different armour but it dosn't appear to get any bulkier to compensate their speed. The shield and shield regeneration rate on the units are getting low. Phyonics are nearly usless doing little damage and having relativaly short durations.

Skill Level 9; Zealots in combat now look like whirling dances of death. They were full body armour encompasing all of their bodies so they have a faily large amount of health. The phy-blades are not the size of Normal Dark templar Phyblades and are almost as deadly. The Zealot no longer has any shields at all. Phyonic powers throughout the legions are all but usefull Mind control is no longer an availability at this level.

Now I'll show you the phyonic system using the zealot as my basic example but I will again describe what is happening with overall phyonics within the legions.

Phyonics Level 6; The Zealots life, damage and attack speed deminish. Their shields however get thicker and have more hit points as well as a slightly faster regeneration rate. The zealot does not change much in appearance, it glows slightly as it has abnormaly powerful shields but otherwise looks the same as the average zealot. Attacks like "Phyonic Storm" and whatnot deal more damage and last longer.

Phyonics Level 7; The Zealots life, damage and attack speed deminish a little more. The shields again become thicker and regenerate faster bringing an even brightly glow to the zealot. The zealots armor becomes thinner and less noticable as well as it seems to be using less and less complex attacks reverting slowly to a more rudamentary hack and slash style of fighting. Attacks like "Phyonic Storm" and whatnot deal more damage and last longer.

Phyonics Level 8; The Zealots life, damage and attack speed again deminish more. Statistics wise they are begining to represent weaker archons with intence shielding but little life. Their glow becomes a faint mist around them and their armour only covers small portions of their bodies. The phyonics become far more available now, not only with increased attack and duration but they also cost less to initiate and have a wider radius of effect.

Phyonics Level 9; The Zealots life, damage, and attack speed are very low by now. They are very much like archons in both statistics and appearance with a very fast regeneration rate. They no longer wear armor and the mist surrounds their bodies at all times. They are not as intence as archons "Solar flare" Appearance but they have an mist effect that is very noticable. Phyonic abilities reach a pinical and have maximum radius, damage, and duration with a minimal cost.

Now, I know what the first thing everyone of you are thinking. "You F |_| ( |< | |\| G newb what are you thinking? Archons will be all but impossible to destroy!" And no they will not. They have a special modifacation that makes them more balanced. The Archon is more powerful with phyonics but it takes a small turn to make it slightly easier to destroy. It's Phyonic assault changes as well as it's shape. As more points are invested in phyonics archons begin to take up more food as 1 and their attack phy assault will go from a splash to more of a target thing. It has a very high rate of attack and a short distance. It can one hit kill speed zerglings but the splash effect gets smaller and smaller and by level 8 it is gone. The archon's sheilding becomes so thick that it infact becomes unstable making all attacks against it do 125% of the normal damage. This does indeed solve the problems with Archons.

The Zerg are self explanitory as to why their buildings would get more life or faster building rates for their buildings but the Protoss are another matter, although relativaly simple is the reason why they get the bonus's from the skill and phyonics it can be confusing if you don't fully understand it. The same applies to their robotic units.

The "Skill" Protoss Tribes focus on making themselves as physicaly prepared for battle as their bodies will allow. The war against the Zerg has had dire effects on the conclaive and these more barbaric tribes seek to improve upon themselves by expanding upon their own physical superiority to their breatheren by also forging their buildings tougher and more durable as well as their fliers, reavers and dragoons. They also use less advanced Shield technology in the buildings and craft.

The "Phyonic" Protoss seek to erradicate their enemies by remaining calm in a bad situation. They have put all their focus on creating more powerful shielding in their craft but have forgoten the strength of their metals and as a result the attack craft themselves are more frail underneith the shielding. The same applies to their buildings as they continue to focus on the shield strength and not as much on the structural integrity of the bases.

Although this seems like the Skill protoss seem to have a clear advantage over the Phyonic protoss and both the other race in the sence that they are the most powerful single assault warriors. They are not however. While in the first engagment between two forces against the Assault protoss the Terran, Zerg, and phyonic protoss may be at some disadvantage they have the ability to retreat and lick their wounds. While the Assault protoss have no real way to heal themselves. Once their assault has begun it must continue through to the end or the protoss player will be at risk. The Terran can very easily play this game as they have medics to heal their men and SCV's to repair their vehicles at astounding rates while the zerg naturaly recover life over time. Then the phyonic Protoss rely on their shielding which recovers astoundingly fast at higher levels so by the second engagment the balanced has almost been completly balanced and if not tipped in the other players advantage.

As well the Skill protoss arn't totaly usless... Catch your enemy napping and you can really deliver the pain.

Next I will discuss the Terran and finaly I will move on to explain the System itself in as great of detail as I can provide... Maybe Blizzard will start to listen sooner or later. And who knows... Maybe this system will be implimented into starcraft 2.

Magikarp

BattleForums Senior Member
Reaction score
Treva: Zerg need to have more units as to show their assimilation of several hundred other species into their own.
MeH. The Zerg did assimilate a lot of different species, but they discarded any species that wasnt of extremely high value for combat. What you see in the current Zerg race is the best of what they have assimiliated. An eclectic race ^.^.

Treva: However there is nothing funnyer then when a 12 carrier rush is haulted by 24 templars defending the base.
:D .

CLAN_RP_

Member!
Reaction score
Website
www.ninjadude.proboards22.com
Treva.... beautiful. I love the zerg. But i have problems with the toss... One of them is that blizzard knows the toss are highly intelligent. In the game the PSYonic and skilled toss would obviously merge and form protoss with the psyonics and skills, making them completely unsopable. Also the protoss wouldnt charge they're shields to the point of unstability. Ph yeh this is a bit of the prob for both zerg and toss... What happenes if you up both bars euqaly? both attributes would have to increase but if you think about it they would cancel eachother out. and if not would they both get stronger or weaker and how would the forms coexist? forcing you to pick solely one bar to up isnt that good either. The whole speed thing im not so sure about either..... You could speed create mass zerglings and destroy and enemy if they are strong zerg before they get the time to spawn enuf unit to get rid o half the lings. and if a couple strong zerg are atrong enough to wipe out mass speed lings... then the speed and strength are horribly unbalanced..... sorry to ruin it but u wanted honest feedback. work on these things. there should be a story making the skilled toss and shield toss hate eachother... but even then they would probly ally still.... and the zerg could be lead by different cerebrates or something... but once again they would probly ally to win...

Treva

Reaction score
Website
Visit site
CLAN_RP_ (Just trying to type it as you wrote it)

I have made sure that these are balanced... The skill toss are the ones who are still fighting in heavily infested zerg areas... They pretty well have abandoned technology in hopes of getting stronger to face the zerg with their own prowess... As you get deeper into the levels they do begin to shun the others finding their way to be the best (Arogent protoss...) As indeed they do in the initial contact kill far more effectivly then the phy-toss. And by the same token the phy-toss find the skill-toss to be primitive in their ways and almost as terrible in their ways of combat as the zerg themselves. Hence why they don't trust/appresiate eachother. And they could team up... But that would be allies of different tribes... Hence why they would ally in-game... But such military alliances can't stick with such differences in culture.

As for the speed zerg killing the regular zerg... No... I have already calculated the effects of the fastest rush the speed zerg could coordinate... Remember that their units cost gas too... So it slows down their ability to rush... Yes a rush is still possible but a strength zerg sunken colony is fairly formitable against early speed rush's... And the strength zerglings on a average size map usualy spawn around the same time as the speed zerglings arive at their base... On small maps yes it could make a difference unless the strength guy got a sunken colony up... That would buy him the time he would need to build a small counter force... And as for the speed zerg getting a formitable force up before the brute zerg... Yes they do... But the smaller force the brute zerg will have is alot more "Elite" and each member can really dish out damage and take it just as well... In an average combat the brute zerg will win and carry on to the main enemy base and the speed zerg will build a counter force to either stop the enemy attack or slow it downso they can build another force... Trust me they are pretty equil... It takes 3 speed zerglings to kill 1 strength... and same with almost every other unit... Brute zerg are just under twice as strong as regular zerg... and are very hard to kill... But again they are sluggish and not quick to "Bounce back"

And only the Archons charge their shields to the point of being unstable simply because they dont really use any mechanical device to generate shields do they? Last I heard it was simply representing how much phy-energy was surrounding their bodies... And when more powerful templars merge more powerful archons come of it. (Tassadar/Zeratul)

The Zerg evolve to match their surroundings... To better combat their enemy... One month to the next a zerg swarm could evolve and completly change to addapt... All they would really get would be a bigger swarm... Not a swarm that has both uberstrength and speed... No that couldn't be done... To get the strength the zerg get they need to be bigger and more sluggish... But to get the speed they need to be more arrowdynamic and lighter... Yes again that could ally but it wouldn't matter... Because you can't get something that is 15 feet tall and capable of dodging bullets.

Treva

Reaction score
Website
Visit site
Ok finaly here are the Terran... After this I'm hoping to say what my idea for the in-game layout to be as well as the smaller modifacations to each race... (Extra units, upgrades ect.)

Terran are different again... VERY different... Rather then individual statistics of the force being changed the entire Terran army is organized into two groups; Mechanized, infantry, and air... Refere to the following table for the individual groups. I have similar systems pre-built for protoss and zerg but I felt that they could be different in their own way...

Infantry: Marines, Medics, Firebats, ghosts.
Mechanized: Goliath, Seige Tank, Vulture.
Air: Wraith, Valkrie, Battle Cruiser.
Misc(Do not fall into any of the above catagories); SCV's, Dropships, science vessles, nukes, buildings.

The Terran have three bars... When you add to one it will take away from the other two and give you one spare point, unused. The Terran units will have 5 levels in each and they will all start at 3. Therefore if you wish to have powerful mechanized devisions with good infantry support and don't plan on using ANY air then you could use;

Mechanized: 5
Infantry: 4
Air: 1

Remember the minumum you can place into any group is still 1. Adding to a unit's level in this case will increase overall stats... Life, damage, attack speed, armor, speed, abilities,splash damage, ect... But it also increases the resource cost of the group slightly as well as the build time... In other words in this scenario you will have powerful tanks with excelent infantry support with very little if not no air support... Your men will be only semi-expendable but the mechanized divisions will be no-nos for cannon fodder. Below level 3 the resource price of a unit does not decrease but the stats still get lower. They do take less time to build though... This will discourage people from "Rushing" with weak marines to obliterate an player early in the game with what basicly could be considered a ranged zergling rush...

As far as a terran player having strait 5's this is explained as such: The resorces to make such an advanced fleet are beyond any individual worlds capabilities... In order to make 5 as a stat the Terran would litteraly have to pool alot of their resources into such an leap in technology... Different command groups can join forces or ally with two separate forces to stop an enemy... For example player1 has these stats:

M: 5
I: 1
A: 4

while player2 has

M: 1
I: 5
A: 4

These two forces could compliment eachother very well... But it would still be two separate forces... As for one army being assimilated into another it simply could not work... The different worlds are proud of any major technological advancements they make and do not appresiate someone else comming along and taking it as their own... The assimilated divisions would not be cooperative and the chance of mutany would be incredable. And in order to maintain the high standards in the assimilate groups a world would have to drop standards in its main battle force... Hence even if they managed to create a great battle force no individual world can maintain all three groups at the highest standards...

Now here are the different groups at their different levels:

Infantry:

Level 1: Marines and firebats look very unarmored/armed the machien gun sounds weaker and the flamethrower even looks weaker... Medics are considerably less armoured and ghosts have pistols rather then canister rifles and look more feeble... (No real armor to penalize.)
Level 2: Marine and firebats look marginaly weaker then the average marines and firebats... But they still have some armor and their guns are only slightly less effective. Medics look like they have
Level 3: What you could call the average units... the medium.
Level 4: Better arms and armour... They get slightly less bulky but no less threatening... Their guns fire more rapidly and firebats flamethrower has a wider radius. Medics have slightly less bulky armour and move faster and heal faster using less energy to do so. The ghosts canister rifle does more damage at a higher rate of fire...
Level 5: The armour they wear is not near as bulky as the average and even tougher... The marines machine gun fires at a high rate at a good range and and the firebats flamethrower has a far wider radius and damaging rate. The medics armour looks like the marines and the ghost appears to be armoured and has a more powerful handheld railgun rather then appearing as a blur on the enemies screen the ghost will no longer register as anything unless reveiled by a detector.

Mechanized:

Level 1: Goliaths are feeble looking with poor range and bad sub-systems... it tends to have a slight hobble when it walks to represent the poor craftsmanship... Seige tanks look like they were duck tapped together without the adhesive bits. They rumble along as clumsy machines barly seeming to hold themselves together they also tend to have traces of smoke when they fire off their main cannon in "Seige mode". Vultures front armour seems to have been peeled off and sparks crackle out the back of the bike. Its mines tend to be glitchy and unrelyable with a small chance of not detonating when they reach their targets
Level 2: Goliaths look less armoured then the average vehicle but dont have any major problems simply less armor and only one machine gun cannon. Seige tanks seem less armored and more primitive then the average tank...
Level 3: The average for the Mechanized division.
Level 4: Goliaths look bigger, badder and more powerful. They move with a slight hop as they have small "Jump" systems to increase speed proficiency... Their guns look more threatening and bigger. Seige tanks become again, bigger and badder, the major noticable increase in this machines power is the Seige cannon. It fires more concentrated explosions without compensating the blast radius. The Vultures get a small pod over the driver for extra protection and fires faster and more acuratly then it previously did.
Level 5: Goliaths have a extra pair of machine guns and a extra missle system installed. The "Jump" systems work harder to compensate the extra weapon systems... and the bigger armour. Seige tanks are at the peak of their evolution. Their cannon becomes dual firing to increase firing rate two fold and it packs an even greater punch. In seige mode the Seige tank gets an exclusive ability not averagly given to other units. A "Frag" Shot that shoots a weaker barage over a wider radius for your anti-infantry needs; as well it gets a anti-vehical shell that has a very concentrated radius with high AP damage. Vultures become more spiked and visious looking, fireing at a high rate... It also gets extra mines which each have far more life then normal.

Air:

Level 1: To sum up all the vehicles: Rickidy, outdated, sluggish, weak weapon systems.
Level 2: Wraiths are sluggish with a less effective cloaking system. They still can hold quarters in aireal combat... Just not without GTA support. Valkries can still carry out missions to some extent. They are slower and have an even slower firing rate. Battle cruisers are still capitol ships are something to fear... But they are below average overall and cannot be relied upon against other capitol ships.
Level 3: Average.
Level 4: Wraiths look bigger and more arrow-dynamic. They have a third engine installed and become more of a air to air attack bomber... They get to drop bombs on enemy land units and enemy buildings (Think warcraft 3 but more powerful.) Valkries missle systems reload alot faster and they travel to their locations faster otherwise they dont look particularily different. Battle cruisers are much more powerful then their predecessors and have much better weapon systems installed. They have air to air missles and more anti ground missles installed.
Level 5: Wraiths are not really bigger but have wider wings and a slimmer ****pit. They travel at very quick speeds and have a very fast rate of firing missles. Like the seige tank it's missle systems allternate rounds so only one missle is launched at one time but they are fired twice as quickly increasing damage efficiency and decreasing the rate of wasted "Overkills". The Valkries become larger to compensate for more missles launched faster over a wider radius. They reload very fast and serve as one of the most powerful air-to-air combat craft in the game. Battle cruisers as a capitol ship become emence and shadowing. Their missle systems are further improoved and they have multiple ATG Weapons... Alowing it to target up to 3 different units or focus on one.

There you have it... Comments?

CLAN_RP_

Member!
Reaction score
Website
The terran... I love it.... but the hole really weak thing for level one, machines being poorly built... i hate that! they would be well put together but advanced ones would just have been built even better....
For protoss AND zerg you still didnt exist how the two forms would coexist if you uped them both equally. small and quick yet large and strong? or would they have weak attributes of both even though they are strongly upgraded? and you pointed out a problem as you were defending yourself. If a protoss force for example..... Say someone got protoss with fully uped psi... and someone got toss with fully uped skills... and they allied and theyd be unstoppable...

Treva

Reaction score
Website
Visit site
Bah when you put equil ammounts of points into something you get a medium... You wont be able to fill up both bars... Like I said earlier you will only get 8 points to spend as you will and both stats will be level 1 minimum (Default set to equily distributed stats.)

And the Terran WOULD have rickedy vehicles if they weren't knowledgable about the construction of vehicles... Their tanks would be outdated or not assembled using the propor equipment... Hence why they would be weaker... Plus there wouldn't be many men who knew how to build a tank in a world that focused souly on air/infantry

CLAN_RP_

Member!
Reaction score
Website
The machines may not be well built but they would build them to the point of not being rickedy, and how would the two forms coexist? u didnt answer me. You explained the visual changes when u up one bar, but if you up two bars equally what happenes? what does it look like? do they egt stronger or weaker attributes from both? your not answering my questions

Treva

Reaction score
Website
Visit site
Oh bugger sorry I missunderstood the questions...

You mean what happens when you put up two bars equaly... Like for example with the zerg having 5 into each or with the toss having 5 into each... or of course with the Terran having 3 into each... You get the medium... The zerglings look normal... The protoss are neither stronger in phyonics or skill and the Terran Vehicles are all normal... To put equil stats into both you would get no bonus's and no penalties... does that answer your question???

EDIT: Yes at level one it is enquired that the vehicles are hastily prepared without any knowhow as to how they work... So they end up breaking down more often and blowing gaskets... For example: A karate guy tries to build a car... He is not provided with the propor equipment and has no idea as to how to build it... He is given poor references and told to build it... He of coarse ends up building a rickedy pile of crap! he may have all the right skills and abilities in his own area of expertise but he is relativaly weak when it comes to other skills... Such as building a car.

CLAN_RP_

Member!
Reaction score
Website
i still dont agree with the vehicles but whatever. Ok if u up em both equaly they look like the ones from sc1 right? but if you say up speed at 6 and strength at 4 or 7 and 3 or whatever, what will they look like?

forgot to add... in zerg for example, some units are really slow... if you are at level 1 for speed, and sc1 units were already REALLY SLOW then how slow will these pieces of crap be? what good is a really strong ultralisk if it cant catch the hydra thats 3 feet away?

speed hydras actions: shoot alot of spines and back up 5 feet every 25 seconds

strong ultras actions: hopelessly chase the hydra thinking it will eventually catch it, while all the other people watching and laughing know he wont.

Seems just plain wrong... hell a rickety ass tank could do it wouldnt even have to be a quick vulture! pathetic man

we have many things to debate, much like this cute little smiley!

:madatu

only, we probly wont speek japanese, or whatever language that is.

Treva

Reaction score
Website
Visit site
Well I am looking for Input on this afterall...

As for ultralisks... They are fairly slow... Yes... With the speed upgrade they are still slow but they can catch things... But at level 9 strength you can expect them to be a hair faster then an average reaver... Then once you have upgraded them with speed they move at roughly 1/2 their previous speed... This does make them fairly usless 1-1... But you just need to take a few zerglings or something of the like to rush up ahead of them and take out those kinds of things and they will be fine... When your at level 9 strength things like ultralisks become seige engines... Not much else... They rip up buildings like they were nothing... While the zerglings and hydralisks pulverize the infantry...

The speed dosn't go down as a general whole it goes down according to that units speed...

As for what the units would look like; I already did give a complete and total description as to what they would look like at each individual level... In the initial post... And as for level 4 strength and what not... That would be the same as level 6 speed.

CLAN_RP_

Member!
Reaction score
Website
what? u didnt really explain the looks which is all i wanna know now. if you up one more then the other but u still up the other dont the units have to up looks in both ways or something? so uped equally theyd look like sc1 units, uped all towards one bar u said what theyd look like, but if they were both uped at dif levels what do they look like!?

Treva

Reaction score
Website
Visit site
Dude if you add to one you take away from the other... You cannot have streangth and speed at level 6 for example... To bring one of them up to level 6 you would bring the other down to level 4... Which in the first post I did explain what happens to them as you raise levels in a stat.

CLAN_RP_

Member!
Reaction score
Website
i know u cant have em both at level six and i know when u up one u bring down the other. LOOK CLOSELY AT WHAT I TYPE!!!!!!!!
If you up both bars ( for example [7,3]) then what does the unit look like? do they show only the features of the dominent bar or both or something? god explain it! its been like 80 times ive asked and each time u took it the wrong way! HOW!?