My CS / Fury Zon (Viz's guide revised in a super-damaging PvM version)

djnat

BattleForums Addict
Reaction score
Website
djnat.deviantart.com
I want to post here my personal revisement to improve Viz's guide about the CS / Fury zon. Here I'll post what I think the perfect stats / skills / gear / merc are (my personal opinion: you can agree, or not).

This build will be very deeply explained / analized.

I think this is the best character of 1.10 patch, with the Hammerdin. Cuz it's very good if you want to go to very high levels: this guide has been written for the richest players of bnet (ladder or non ladder, it doesn't matter) who have the purpose of reaching level 99 with an 1.10 char, like I'm doing now (I'm @ 97 now). And hammerdins / javazons are the best for this purpose, cuz they are able to kill bosses like Baal / Diablo in ridicoulous times, and to be very effective in party Baalruns / Chaos Sanctuary runs (the best places to make fast exp in 1.10).

And this Zon is the best Uber Diablo killer of the 1.10 patch. No competition for other chars, she can kill it in about 10-15 seconds.

Even if Diablo II - LoD is now only a little more than a dead game, I want to leave here this build.

STATS

Strength - 156. This is the max req of your gear, to wear Stormshield. Keep in mind that:

- Chains of honor gives +20 to str;
- Perfect Sandstorm treks give +15 to str;
- Perfect Annihilus gives +20 to str;
- Mara gives +5 to str;
- Thundergod gives +5 to str;
- A good second ring can give some more to str.

So consider all these gear bonuses before wasting points into str.

Dexterity - 222 @ level 99. This is required to have max block with Stormshield. I think max block is needed in a lot of pvm situations, so these points are well-spent, trust me. Keep in mind that:

- Perfect Ravenfrost gives +20 to dex;
- Perfect Annihilus gives +20 to dex;
- Mara gives +5 to dex;
- A good second ring can give some more to dex.

So consider all these gear bonuses before wasting points into dex.

Vitality: all the remaining points you have after putting all you need in str + dex go into this stat. Life is very important, and with the right gear, you will get over 2500 life @ level 9x.

Energy: base. A point here = n00b.

SKILLS

Since this is an extra-damaging version of the Amazon, skills points in my opinion should be put in this way.

MAX Charged strike (The best attack for single enemies and bosses. Awesome damage on it)
MAX Lightning fury (The best crowd-killer skill. Insanely useful)
MAX Power strike (Synergy)
MAX Lightning strike (Synergy)
MAX Lightning bolt (Synergy)
1 Jab (useful against lit immunes)

1 in all the prerequisites (2)

1 in Dodge, Evade, Avoid, Critical strike, Penetrate, Pierce

Total = 109 skill points. Obtainable @ level 98. If you get to level 99, after the masturbation, put the last skill point into Pierce.

GEAR

This will be godly. But if you can't afford the perfect items, try to trade non-perfect and less-expensive versions of them.

• Thunderstroke +4 java skills / 200% ed. They are better than titans', especially when you're facing bosses or when you're in Baalruns. They have -15% to enemy lit res and 15% ias, and the same skills, in java tree, of Titans'. They lack of stats, but the -15% resist bonus is much more important than the stats of titans. Re-charge it after every baalrun, while the sorc or whoever else is teleporting to the throne.
  • Chains of Honor Superior (15% enhanced defense) Great Hauberk. You could use Archon plate for a little more defense, but I think Archon is aesthetically horrible on an Amazon. Look is important in a character. Use Hauberk, it pwns. This runeword is amazing: +2 to all skills, life leech, 8% dr, +65 all resists, extra damage vs demons / undead, magic find... really godly.
  • Thundergod's vigor (200% enhanced defense is perfect). It has +skills, + 10% max lit res, and lit absorb. And +20 str / vita, too. A marvellous belt.
  • Eth Sandstorm treks. If perfect they have +15 str, +15 vitality, +170% enhanced defense and +70% poison resist. Marvellous boots. A great alternative is using Aldur's Boots.
  • Magical gloves with +3 to spear / java skills and 20% increased attack speed. They're called "Lancer's gloves of alacrity". If you're lucky, you can find these gloves by repeatedly shopping @ anya, in hell.
  • Griffon's eye [perfect lightning facet]. This diadem has, if perfect, 260 defense, +15% to lit skill damage and -20% to enemy lit resist. Awesome. When faceted, it's really a godly helmet.
  • Stormshield [perfect lightning facet]. If perfect, it has 148 base defense. It's the best shield: insane block, 35% dr, good resists. No competition for other shields. Facet it to gain extra dmg bonus.
  • Ravenfrost. If perfect, it has +20 dex and +250 attack rating. Cannot be frozen on this ring is very important.
  • Rare ring with mana leech, +mana, 1x% all res, and also some +stats (str, dex) are welcome. Very useful for the mana, and leech; lightning fury is an expensive skill, in terms of mana. You need some leech not to be forced to drink a mana potion every 5 seconds.
  • Mara's Kaleidoscope. If perfect, it has +30 to all resists. Marvellous amulet: +2 skills, +stats and +resists. The best for this zon.
In switch, you have to use a "Call to arms" Crystal Sword (ideally if perfect, with +6 to Battle orders) and a Lidless wall for the +1, to increase the level of warcries by 1 point.

Charms

- Annihilus. If perfect it's 20 / 20 / 10. If you can't afford one, try for a 20 / xx / xx. Stats are the most important thing.

- 3 Grand charms with +1 to Java skills and +12% fhr. They increase your damage and make you catch the fhr breakpoint, @ 52%. In fact you have 20% fhr from sandstorm treks, and 36% fhr from these charms. Total = 56%, and the bp is yours.

- The remaining grand charms (I suggest using max 8 GC's, to leave some space in your inventory for item-grabbing in Baalruns) should have +1 to Java skills and 7 run or 30+ life.

- Some small charms with fire / lit resist and life, to max the resists in hell.

- If you have some space left, some life / mana small charms.

Your resists in hell, after you've completed all the quests, should be:

Fire 75%
Cold 75% (+20% absorb from ravenfrost)
Lightning 85% (+20 absorb from thundergod's vigor) = bye bye, Dark souls
Poison 75%

You will have max block, 43% physical damage reduction, an insane damage with your lightning attacks @ higher levels (about 1-4k per lightning with Fury, and about 1-10k per bolt with CS, with -45% to enemy lit res if your griffons and facets are perfect) and tons of life. With your dodging abilities, you should be nearly invincible in hell. The few things you should be careful at are:

- Oblivion knights and their damn Iron maiden if you're using CS, or their Lower resist if there are Souls in the screen;
- Unique groups of monsters with Fanaticism aura if there are Blood lords in the screen;
- Unique groups of monsters with Conviction aura if there are Souls in the screen;
- Unique blood temptresses / succubis etc. with Fanaticism or Might aura, and X-tra strong mod;
- Exploding Stygian dolls when you're under the effect of a curse like Amplify damage or Decrepify.

These are the only monsters in the game which can give you some troubles, if you're not careful.

The Hireling I advise to use is the one suggested in Viz's guide, and the gear is exactly the same. He will help a lot, especially against immunes to lightning like Souls.

Thank you for your attention, hope you liked this build revisement. Suggestions and comments are always appreciated.

Odysee

Member!
Reaction score
nice guide, altho instead of using SS i use sanctuary (ko-ko-mal) for the huge res boost and FHR. i highly reccomend this build. i; m lvl 90 atm and i can solo thru hell with 8 peeps in game. altho light immune's are diffucult, i use a staff on switch with teleport charges, so when i face some L immunes im outta there! :p

EDIT: i use eth titans instead of TS

djnat

BattleForums Addict
Reaction score
Website
djnat.deviantart.com
Eth titans' (upgraded) are a good option for a Javazon, but since this javazon is built to maximize her Lightning Fury / CS damage, Thunderstroke, that are Faster and have the -15% enemy lit res bonus, are better, especially vs Bosses / uniques.

Sanctuary is a good runeword for a shield, but the block, damage reduction, and bonuses from stormshield are more useful to complete the setup and the "defensive features" of this zon. :)

Odysee

Member!
Reaction score
i'm gonna try a sanc in 5 baalruns, after that i'm gonna test storm. i will also give the TS a try ;)

Odysee

Member!
Reaction score
sorry for the double post.
TS is better in close combat, with a stormshield.
titans is better all round, with sanctuary, it gives HUGE res and good fhr, my advise is to get TS on switch for bosses and close combat, works great!

EDIT: the block % of my troll nest sanc is 73, when i switch to storm its about 63 :)

UnsaNe

Member!
Reaction score
if you have the same build as him then the extra fhr wouldnt matter since you just barely hit the break point

Odysee

Member!
Reaction score
saves some space in invent. with 7 extra spaces you can have 2 more skillers and maybe an anni or w/e

djnat

BattleForums Addict
Reaction score
Website
djnat.deviantart.com
Eh, the real key point of SS is the 35% dr, very useful especially when you go melee, and vs dolls. Not to count that SS can be socketed to gain a facet damage; Sanctuary can't be socketed. ;)

There are some enemies who make insane physical damage, especially if uniques with x-tra strong / cursed mod of Fanaticism / Might aura. And having 43% dr instead of 8% really helps.

And as to the inventory, in my build I advise to leave 2x4 spaces free; use 8 skillers gc's, an Anni and 7 sc's (resists, life, mana). You don't need more charms in inventory to pwn. :)