Music Download

Kuro Neko

Reaction score
You could go along the lines with quick downloads like Limewire, Bearshare ... but I don't like spyware.

EEX_ca_aok

Praetoris Maximus
Reaction score
Website
www.empireofexiles.com
+1 on torrents. You could probably find invites to STMusic or Libble on some public forums and then work your way up to the better ones over time.

Personally I find the quality crappy on a lot of public torrent sites, but there is some decent stuff in there too. And if you don't care about stuff like bitrate then it probably won't matter anyway.

Clearcast

Member!
Reaction score
google search "file sharing talk" or FST and look on the forums. find a good private tracker and try to get in.

why no p2p? get chatting with someone who knows what theyre talking about on Soulseek.

Glowy

Premium Member
Reaction score
what i've been doing lately is I found a firefox add-on that lets you download from streaming places like myspace ect.

EEX_ca_aok

Praetoris Maximus
Reaction score
Website
www.empireofexiles.com
Except then you get 128kbps transcoded MP3's as a result.

What.CD is probably the best all purpose music tracker that you could realistically get into at the moment... Waffles as a close second. Look around some public sites like the aforementioned FST. Just state your case eloquently and don't beg, and you'll get your foot in the door. Then just make power user on a torrent site and they generally have invite forums where you can start moving up to better trackers. That's how I got onto the 10 or so trackers I'm a member of now :D

concrete_sox

Premium Respected Member
Reaction score
just use a p2p program they are harmless if u are smart

Clearcast

Member!
Reaction score
no, just common sense.

i could never find what i was looking for when i got on what.cd and i hear waffles aint much different, if not the same thing. i found some of the best private trackers are the ones that get like a single small mention somewhere, then noone ever talks about them again, if youre patient and look hard enough.

i got on leechers lair last time i was on my computer. i searched through their entire index and couldnt find a single thing i wanted.

EEX_ca_aok

Praetoris Maximus
Reaction score
Website
www.empireofexiles.com
What specifically were you looking for/are you still a member? Because What has expanded a ton in the last few months, whereas Waffles has kinda stagnated. If you're looking for a specific genre of music there are always more specific trackers that are better, but I find What a great place to start looking in most cases. Indietorrents has some nice stuff as well if that's what you're into, and Pedros has a ton of the classics (lossless only though).

The trackers you only hear of occasionally tend to put more emphasis on security which leads to fewer members, and generally a poorer selection. (Though I'm on a general/scene tracker with no ratio and some of the best pretimes I've seen, despite only a few thousand members). The quality/community is often better though. What has the advantage of over 50000 members and actually has a staff that listens to the community and constantly adds features to improve the site, so I like it :)

Barney Stinson

Suit up
Reaction score
Depends on what you want. If you're going for full albums or full discography's, then you can pretty much just put "torrent" at the end of a google search and more often then not the first few are good condition working torrents from trusted sites. If you're looking for single songs, then playlist.com is pretty much your best bet, just find an addon/program that lets you rip from there, most of the time you can get decent quality from it.

Metal Gear Flash

LaLiLuLeLo
Reaction score
Depends on what you want. If you're going for full albums or full discography's, then you can pretty much just put "torrent" at the end of a google search and more often then not the first few are good condition working torrents from trusted sites. If you're looking for single songs, then playlist.com is pretty much your best bet, just find an addon/program that lets you rip from there, most of the time you can get decent quality from it.
what he said....i look here for full albums and singles The best of the Internet Today Web 2.0 Mashup plus its pretty much the coolest site ever check it out