Mouse scroll vs. keyboard

Magikarp

BattleForums Senior Member
Reaction score
Since this is a good place to ask about CS tactics, I was playing a game of Half-Life 1 (I'll eventually turn myself in and play CS), and I was experimenting with changing guns with both the middle mouse scroll button and the number pad (The numbers above the keys, not on the right side). Does anyone have any opinions on which is better to use? It seems to me that I can change guns quicker by using the number keys, but I also have to look down at my keyboard frequently, whereas with the mouse scroll I can just do it with my eyes on the screen.

Tell me your thoughts.

AndrewxChau

Member!
Reaction score
Website
Visit site
since i am used to cs i guess id use the mouse 3 because it's eZer, and always keep your eyes on the birdy.

Brandon

Member!
Reaction score
i used q (quick switch) and mouse 3 too look threw, not typing 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6..

Krovvy

Retired Staff
Reaction score
I've always used the keyboard as well. Using the mouse scroll will sometimes get you killed on cheap mice, and is not accurate. It will also be quicker to use the keyboard as well.

[Koolaid]

BattleForums Senior Member
Reaction score
Master_America said:
Always the keyboard to switch. Mouse scrolling seems too inaccurate to me.
that is soo true , i always agree with master america LOL

Master.America

Premium Member
Reaction score
Website
www.soundclick.com
Akule said:
if you have a shitty mouse you can over scroll. My mouse is a tablet mouse and its kinda nice so i dont overscroll but the keys are still faster. I jump using scroll though.
Exactly. Except for the part about jumping. Then again, I've just got a really cruddy old mouse. The left mouse button doesn't always click, it sticks every once in a while, and the wheel doesn't always spin upward anymore. Oh, and the little stubs on the bottom of the mouse that elevate it a little to prevent it from riding on the laser eye? Those have been completely rubbed down from wear.

vncntblackk

Reaction score
I think what matters the most is being able to stick with one. If I have to keep switching between my keyboard and my mouse it's far less speedy than if I'm only using one or the other. I used to try to shun the mouse entirely though, but I found that it was only caused by exposure to the horrendous one button piece of crap that Apple used to try to pass off as a mouse. I've since bought a new mouse and I find it quite nice.

H

hiyatran

the keyboard all the way cause you can react a lot faster, for me anyways.