Most Realistic FPS... is FREE?

Revelade

BattleForums Member
Reaction score
Website
Visit site
Ok, I lied. It's actually a mod for Half-Life. Anyway, this game is called Hostile Intent. They use real-world weapons in believable scenarios. What do bullets mean in games these days? What a scratch? Well in this game, 3 or even 1 bullet will take you down for good. Sound hardcore? Well that's how people in the real world do it.

Next, there is no crosshair, health number, ammo count, or anything for that matter. The only thing you have that helps you aim is an ironsight. This is the part on top of guns that have a slight indent or hole. While it is good for aiming, it blocks your view quite a bit.

At first, you may be turned off by the new setting, but give it a few hours and you will be hooked. FPS games have followed the unrealistic approach, but this game proves that realistic games can be fun (unlike R6 and SWAT). Games that don't have gauges also can be fun, like Goldeneye or Perfect Dark, or more recently, Time Splitters.

Rainbow Six, eat your heart out.

You must have Half-Life to play this game however, but it's FREE.

jd-inflames

Melodic Murderer
Reaction score
Website
www.cursedprophets.com
Half-Life or Half-Life 2...riddle me that and I might just consider.

Krovvy

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Well he did say 'Half-Life' and from the screenshots on their site it's clearly from the Half-Life engine.

Icedragon

BattleForums Addict
Reaction score
Yes its a half life one mod... it doesnt look bad but i am a clancy fan all the way so i will stick to Rainbow 6 Raven shield... And i would play this mod mostlikly but my keys are duplicates and i am too lazy to send them in... It looks a shit ton like Americas Army but AA sucks balls. Plus if it doesnt have a crosshair i am all for the game i hate crosshairs but the clancy games suck and dont let you use the ironsights sigh... if only clancy cared

Master.America

Premium Member
Reaction score
Website
www.soundclick.com
It's funny seeing this considering that I was just about to reinstall Raven Shield. I remember seeing screenshots of this in early beta before HL2 came out, but I had long since forgotten about it. I'd like to see them release it on the Source engine.

Icedragon

BattleForums Addict
Reaction score
If they do i am sure it will be worth checking out but untill then i cant play it

Reaction score
Website
Visit site
eh i downloaded it and tried it out, its a tad bit to slow game play style for me