Monthly Cost will BE 14.99

Andrew

Premium Member
Reaction score
Since the game has gone gold, they have told us how much it will cost. It will be 14.99 a month.

http://www.blizzard.com/press/040411-street-date.shtml

After the initial free one-month subscription ends, players of World of Warcraft will be able to continue playing under one of three different subscription plans. The month-to-month subscription plan costs $14.99 per month, the three-month plan costs $13.99 per month, and the six-month plan costs $12.99 per month. World of Warcraft subscription fees can be paid by major credit card, PayPal, and pre-paid game cards, which will be available in stores where World of Warcraft is sold. World of Warcraft has received a Teen rating from the ESRB.

Khull

Premium Member
Reaction score
Nice, they've gone and lowered the prices for longer subscriptions, even if it is only by $1.00

Although I am a bit dissapointed that they made it a shigh as they did. Meh, not a big problem.

Andrew

Premium Member
Reaction score
well. i am going toget a 6 month pay card thing for christmas, that will last for a while. :) then credit card.

Khull

Premium Member
Reaction score
Would they charge tax for the monthly fee?

On second thought, they couldn't. A subscription fee isnt taxable, or I dont think it is at least...

Andrew

Premium Member
Reaction score
monthly fee by a credit card wouldn't include tax, but if you buy game cards from retailers they will probably include local tax.

Khull

Premium Member
Reaction score
Yes, you can use your debit card.

scouchpaper

BattleForums Junior Member
Reaction score
Website
Visit site
Cool thanks alot,would I just set it up like a credit card as in by typing my 16 digit key code?I know their stupid questions lol,I just wanna get it clear:)

Andrew

Premium Member
Reaction score
I think it's high, but it could have been higher. 13.99 would have been nicer. :(

I_Robbie

Member!
Reaction score
Website
l33tsk83rs.vze.com
I really dont think i could see myself paying more then 9.99 they should just have $100 a year fee. I could do that.

Khull

Premium Member
Reaction score
You realize its cheaper when you use the 3/6 month subscriptions right?

Sakuhta

BattleForums Senior Member
Reaction score
God damn, when I saw $14.99 on the portal page my heart dropped... I might be able to do it for $12.99.. I've never played an MMORPG for more then 9.99 a month (Asherons Call)

TweaK

Premium Member
Reaction score
After playing lineage(14.99) I realise that it's too damned high of a price to pay. Definately something like 10.99 or so would be a lot more effective. I remember people saying they would boycott lineage for warcraft because thei'd have a lower subscription fee :loopy

Biske

BattleForums Senior Member
Reaction score
Yeah, that price isn't the best figure around. Maybe after awhile they'll drop it lower, but, fat chance, right? Wonder if there'll be any private servers coming out - on second thought, I bet Blizz would probably sue anybody who did that.

Khull

Premium Member
Reaction score
Sooner or later there going to lower it. The MMO genre has alot of competition, and overall good games (DoaC, EQ, ect) that are alot lower then 14.99 per month. Plus they all have good abckgrounds.

It might take a few, but Blizzard will most likely lower this cost.

Khull

Premium Member
Reaction score
I never said it would be immediate, but why play a game when a very close replica is out, and 3 bucks cheeper?

traitors

Member!
Reaction score
Website
Visit site
this is ****n bullshit why are they macking us pay if we buy it the server should be free!theirs no way i can afford dat!!!if u ask me their gunna lose alotta customers, im one of them