Moding halo?

Reaction score
If(im sure it is) possible to mod halo, i think we should make halo maps and play them on zaku's server. i think it would be cool to have Battle forum branded halo maps....dont u?

amrtin77

BattleForums Senior Member
Reaction score
Website
Visit site
very cool... makes me wish i had halo for pc instead of xobx :(

Zaku

Reaction score
Originally posted by LawrenceOfArabia
If(im sure it is) possible to mod halo, i think we should make halo maps and play them on zaku's server. i think it would be cool to have Battle forum branded halo maps....dont u?
I don't think the server(s) can use mods. But you sure can make mods and i think use them for direct connections. Or lan games.

munchyman

Eat your vegetables!
Reaction score
Website
Visit site
There ARE mods for halo pc, u know....

IDefy

Reaction score
LOL, i came in here and thought he was going to beg to be a mod.

C

chrisms

ok, Not sure if you've all established this yet but: you cna mod halo. Servers CAN use the mods. catch is everyone has to have the same mod's on or it will look bad, so simply play with your finreds and send them the PFF of the mods u have on.

moving on. I can mod halo Pc. and i Do mod halo PC. PM me or IM me if you want to play with mod's.

FakeNameHere

Reaction score
Website
www.battleforums.com
I once played a halo mod on a server, not much though, exept being able to drive a warthog from the gun turret, cool though.

Speedy

Machine Gun Funk
Reaction score
Originally posted by FakeNameHere
I once played a halo mod on a server, not much though, exept being able to drive a warthog from the gun turret, cool though.
That'd be cool, yet difficult.

Zeroth

Member!
Reaction score
Kick ass mod

I'm making a mod in which tanks fly, warthogs fly, and ghosts fly! lol. No, really, I am serious!

Reaction score
Website
Visit site
Man.. think about a star wars mod for Halo... Runnin' around as stormtroopers.. and the ghosts would be speeder bikes.. the scorpion tanks would be AT-STs and the banshis would be Air speeders. heh.. that would be awesome..

Korittke

Member!
Reaction score
Website
Visit site
lol man you guys on drugs or something? halo is a microsoft game, means no modding tools, no open file structure, no nothing, bye.

C

chrisms

Originally posted by Cert
yeah i like ppfs they are really small. i can download them on modem in under a second usually
this is simple. I've done it before, its a matter of clicking a check box. You guys have AIM? I'll send you some PPF's im working on.

Zeroth

Member!
Reaction score
Uhhh... Ever heard of HEX editors? I'm HEXing the map files to mod them! Screw SDKs (Software Developement Kit). I hack... errr... HEX the files.... Ya... Hex....

Korittke

Member!
Reaction score
Website
Visit site
you cant hex the map files if you dont know their structure and if you havent coded a single directx9 application yourself before what i believe is the case. additionally you would have to reverse engineer the whole game to find out the structure and understand it. and as halo has this gay anti-refresh-fix i think they probably also have some checksum database to prevent mods from being installed