Misc D3 options

AmazonDude589

Member!
Reaction score
Website
Visit site
In D3 i think that you should be able to choose your character's hair color because honestly i would love to see a summoner with blonde hair....anyway my other thing is a new weapon class....Whips!(inspired by the PS2 Game, Castlevania: Lament Of Innocence) and maybe even a new character class that resembles vampire hunters....this may just be me being a castlevania freak but hey i can dream cant i?

dP

Member!
Reaction score
i want a class where he uses gloves for more damage and like brass knuckles cuz he only pucnhes and stuff... he could be like the kung fu master or something.

Ronin

Member!
Reaction score
Website
Visit site
yeh kung fu master would own,
it's like assasin with like more skills like how the kick is crap etc
but that would be pretty good i guess.

LordOfMars

Member!
Reaction score
Indeed, putting the Monk character back in would be awesome. (Like the Monk from Hellfire, only reworked and vastly expanded)

Monks could have special gloves and shoes for items, as well as relics and other class specific stuff. For powers they could have all sorts of high flying kicks and punches, and matrix / crouching tiger hidden dragon style moves. Since real world monks did sometimes fight with weapons, it might be appropriate for them to have a limited selection of Monk only weapons, inspired by Chinese martial arts weapons.

Combine this with elemental or magical powers which could be used as modifiers to attacks, and you could get some pretty wicked combos...

McGorilla

Member!
Reaction score
no no no no no...diablo isnt about all of this dumb stuff like "Add your hair colour, choose your race, Gender, skin colour etc etc. the whole thing that makes it cool is the simpleness of it. you buy the game and 20 minutes later youre playing it because when youve installed it, the hardest part of character creation is the name.

diablo 3 needs to be simple like the others!

:mad:

Trojan

Respected Member
Reaction score
id like to be able to use cloaks and better shrines like invisiblity would be nice

LordOfMars

Member!
Reaction score
Originally posted by McGorilla
diablo 3 needs to be simple like the others! :mad:
Bah... simple is for simpletons.

Besides, just because the game could include the abiliy to customize your character, doesn't mean you'd have to. You could just click on the standard default character, not change anything, and start playing.

But I challenge you that Diablo II is not as simple as it may appear. Sure, creating a character and fast and easy, but planning out a skill set, matching that skills set to a proper equipment loadout and play style... these sorts of strategies can get quite involved.

But I think if you did it right, you could have advanced options to get started in the game with just a couple clicks. You'd pick race, then gender, and the game could show you the 3D model of your character with things like hair style and color, skin color, height and weight - all randomized. So you can just click accept, or re-randomize your characters appearance, or edit it manually. People who don't care can just click accept and move on. Is that so difficult?

Besides, sequels are about building on a game and adding features, not just rehashing and remaking the old game with nothing new...

BlueCheeseKilla

Member!
Reaction score
Website
l33tsk83rs.vze.com
I think that it would be cool if you could customize race, gender, hair color, blah blaah blah, but you could just leave it if you wanted and play, then if you ever wanted to change anything when you were bored you could, but you wouldnt have too. i like the monk/iron knuckles idea...

LordOfMars

Member!
Reaction score
Cruel Martial Gear of the Lotus Blossom

Two-Hand Damage: 79 to 158
Durability: 21 of 24
Required Dexterity: 195
Required Strength: 95
+2 to Monk Skills
+294% Enhanced Damage
Socketed (2)

Monk gloves would have low base damage, kind of like assassin claws, only a little lower. This example here is 2-hand damage 20-40 base. 'Martial Gear' would be special combat gloves and shoes that go over the normally equipped gloves and boots. [ Kind of like sparring pads, only made out of steel ;) ]

The Monk's real effectiveness would come from his enhancing skills and the lightning quick speed of his attacks...

Arkillo

The best of both worlds
Reaction score
Website
myspace.com
Actually, the monks true power would be comming from his magical abilities...

As par with most game that have monks, they serve as a healer that can dish some serious damage both melee and spell wise. They'de have a few healing spells, a few damage spells and decent melee skills...or at least that would be the most accurate. (Oh yeah, and fight with a staff, not gloves)

LordOfMars

Member!
Reaction score
Well, everyone's entitled to their opinion. I could see a secondary skill line for healing (optional) for monks, but I disagree with the games which make monks primarily healing batteries. (Ahem... Guildwars...)

Monks were fighting priests, and fought with a variety of weapons, or with no weapons at all. Just as the barbarian can specialize in a variety of weapons, I could see skill lines for unarmed monks, staff monks, spear monks, sword monks, bow monks, etc. But I definately think that unarmed should be an option, and special gloves and footwear would be the logical type of add-on items to make them effective.

Diablo has never been a big on group healing. Only the Paladin's wimpy healing aura can even do group healing. Party buffs just aren't the games focus, unless you are lucky enough to have a paladin stickingclose to you with maxxed fanaticism (and even that's nerfed a bit).

BlueCheeseKilla

Member!
Reaction score
Website
l33tsk83rs.vze.com
monks should have something like critical strike where their attack does like alot more damage from them like exploiting the enemys weaknesses, but it would do more than just double, like maybe 15 percent chance of quadruple damage?

Arkillo

The best of both worlds
Reaction score
Website
myspace.com
Yeah, but think about it. If you do say, 3k dmg after resists and mods and other garbage, and have a 15% chance for 4x the dmg, thats 12kdmg roughtly ever 10 shots. Now, combine that with massive speed and you have 1 overpowered character

BlueCheeseKilla

Member!
Reaction score
Website
l33tsk83rs.vze.com
yeah, but they wouldnt be able to do alot of damage, maybe they would do relatively small amounts of damage, but they attack so quick and occasionaly get critical strike-ish bonus's that it evens them out...i dunno

Arkillo

The best of both worlds
Reaction score
Website
myspace.com
People would find a way to exploit it, and still do it, like they have with everything else.

Arkillo

The best of both worlds
Reaction score
Website
myspace.com
There really isn't a reason why they havn't put that in, other than most other HNS RPGS don't allow it. I can't think of any (mind DS) that lets you do it.

hiimjosh

Reaction score
Whips are cool, but there are no vampires. I think the monk would get boring with just melee. Look at barbs. Imagine just having to swing all the time. I wouldn't mind healing style monks or light magic monks but pure fist fighting doesn't sound too good.

Deathmetal0987

Member!
Reaction score
I believe Blizzard could do better

I believe blizzard shouild do something like creating a character (like in tony hawks undergound.) but with more of medival felling and emphasism. Male or female-tall or shor and so on-depending on the race you choose. sort of like role playing, but with one common major goal.