Mining/Skining

Beer $lut

BattleForums Senior Member
Reaction score
Who thinks it would be a good idea just to mine and skin for money? has anyone else done this?

SephirothX89

Member!
Reaction score
Website
Visit site
I skin/taylor, but am starting to doubt the usefullness of skinning. Sure its great with leatherworking, but someone told me you could make tons of money selling bags =/

Stryder

Reaction score
Goes well for getting money later on for your mount, but having all them materials in your bags gonna take up quite a lot of space.

Stryder

Reaction score
Yah =P, but at low levels you dont have a lot of space, but later on, space is not the matter.

You can also chose Enchanting over skinning, they both are good and earn money.

TheNamelessYam

Member!
Reaction score
Website
Visit site
high level ore sells for a lot of money in the auction house, so does flowers. why? because lazy people like me dont got time to find flowers for potions, or dont have time to find veins so they can make armors n crap.

BluddLuSt4Life

Member!
Reaction score
Website
www.asstr.org
Level 35, I have over 80 gold made from Mining/skinning. It is THE best combo of pure gathering professions. I will have enough to keep buying skills, get my mount at 40, and probably upgrade gear somewhat (although not as much as I like, probably still have to use SM daggers). Once you start mining iron, gold, mithril, and start getting heavy leather the gold rolls in.

Khull

Premium Member
Reaction score
Mining is a great money maker, a full stack of iron goes for at least 4g at AH.

I dunno about skinning though, never tried it.

BluddLuSt4Life

Member!
Reaction score
Website
www.asstr.org
Skinning is similar too, once you start killing 30+ beasts you will frequently get heavy leather, sometimes x2. Sells for 50+ silver a stack in auction house. Also, you will get some medium and heavy hide drops that can sell for a LOT a stack.

Bapes

Forever Rain
Reaction score
Website
frltd.blog125.fc2.com
Im almost an artisan skinner. 40 more :D . :rofl2 I can get ALOT of money by selling my leather. Here is a ESTIMATED preicelist for leather for venders.

ruined leather=5c

light leather=16c

medium leather= 50c

light hide= 25c

medium hide= 50c

heavy hide/leather= never tried

Omega_Weapon_

Member!
Reaction score
Website
Visit site
I made 10G in a day at level 30 with Skinning/mining...

Granted, I then spent it promptly!

Static

Premium Member
Reaction score
So bassically you guys are saying i can be a miner and skinner and act like a drug dealer? Ask people to meet up in the woods for some "good stuff" and when they are about to cop We jump them?

BluddLuSt4Life

Member!
Reaction score
Website
www.asstr.org
Sorry, this isn't Shadowbane. *sighs, and remembers the days* Mainly just sell the stuff at the auctionhouse. Remember to set a buyout price thats reasonable, 90% of my auctions sell for buyout.

ThRaShEd

Member!
Reaction score
dont listen to dp he sux at the game if u wanna do both then u would b stupid just to skinning/leatherworking OR mining/engineering

BluddLuSt4Life

Member!
Reaction score
Website
www.asstr.org
If you want to have enough money to afford skills, reagents, gear upgrades every few levels, and a mount when you hit level 40, I recommend mining/skinning. Right now, most crafting skills seem to become money sinks once you hit the mid 20's or so, you aren't making a whole lot of profit, because lots of people are crafting the same items, and the more expensive ones require expensive ingredients. The only one that seems to be somewhat of an exception is tailoring.

Samsara

Member!
Reaction score
Website
www.WarcraftForums.com
BluddLuSt4Life said:
If you want to have enough money to afford skills, reagents, gear upgrades every few levels, and a mount when you hit level 40, I recommend mining/skinning. Right now, most crafting skills seem to become money sinks once you hit the mid 20's or so, you aren't making a whole lot of profit, because lots of people are crafting the same items, and the more expensive ones require expensive ingredients. The only one that seems to be somewhat of an exception is tailoring.
Enchanting as well for that matter ;)

SephirothX89

Member!
Reaction score
Website
Visit site
My UD has enchanting to 102. Minor Beastslaying sells for 40-60s :)