Mass casters for orcs?

not_a_poster

Member!
Reaction score
Ive seen many replays where orc just mass'es shamans and witch doctor, usually in team games. Wtf is up with that, they do horrible damage, even against heavy armor units, and have very low hp...Yet i see it all the time. Bloodlust doesnt make your attack thaaat much faster, and they have like 12 shamans and 8 doctors...Theyde be better off with 4 shamans and 20 beserkers.

Dream_Walker

BattleForums Senior Member
Reaction score
Healing Ward + Stasis Trap + Lightning Shield + Purge can **** up an army...

ChrisH36

Guy with Most Posts on Quiet Board.
Reaction score
As greg said, its the combonation of buffs and debuffs that make the minor things look big. Face it, traps stun you for 6 seconds, leaving your men unable to defend themselves for that long.

Healing Wards are dependant on Max HP, example Tauren will heal 26 hp/sec under the effects of healing wards. So basically you have to do more than 26 per second to cause "damage". Also, Purge removes enemy lust and other nasty buffs.

Lightning shield is terrible, especially if you cast it on something that can't move too well. You can practically fry an army of weak units. I have done this once vs a guy who had dotts and archers and killed most of his guys, hell I claimed a demon hunter that game. Truly nasty stuff my friend.

Also, Spirit Walkers and thier dispel makes things a little more annoying, plus if you dont have magic air or much magic attack, 1 spirit walkers can give 1 tauren 2 extra lives.

TheoStormhawk

BattleForums Addict
Reaction score
not_a_poster said:
Ive seen many replays where orc just mass'es shamans and witch doctor, usually in team games. Wtf is up with that, they do horrible damage, even against heavy armor units, and have very low hp...Yet i see it all the time. Bloodlust doesnt make your attack thaaat much faster, and they have like 12 shamans and 8 doctors...Theyde be better off with 4 shamans and 20 beserkers.

Bloodlust makes you attack very faster man. The orc race is all about attack speed. Bloodlust combined with endurance aura can make your army "electric".
About the witch doctors, usually the strategy is to get many with much mana and during a battle (or base assault) to place a large quantity of healing wards, so that your enemy will have to destroy them, even if they have only 15hp. The trick is that when he will comand to destroy them he won'r have time to control his units for a short period. Healing wards are not something that u can live with.

ChrisH36

Reaction score
They have 5 Hp, they don't stack, and as you said: The only reason you need more than 1 is to make it harder for the enemy to kill them. Besides, you only really need 3-4 to slap traps and mass heal.

Bloodlust however cannot be used vs Ud, since you end up making Destroyer Food. Unless you manage to use batriders to blow them out of the sky, you got some problems son.

TheoStormhawk

BattleForums Addict
Reaction score
Hmm, Helwolf I noticed that they don't stack anymore like in 1.07, but not even 2 of them? U mean that if I place 10 healing wards the effect would be the same as with one healing ward?

ChrisH36

Reaction score
Yeah, but if they were spread out like 600 units apart, then you can cover more ground for healing. You only slap more than 1 if your enemy is going ward hunting.

XDxxTX

Member!
Reaction score
I think a perfect counter for that is mass spellbreakers they would jsut take all the bloodlust LOL. But when you mass casters its really funny when you jsut select all the witch doctors and they all put a healin wards down its like kool cuase you hardly lose health :D but i never mass caster anymore unlees you ahve a partner thats massing a good melee like tauren or aboms or else they get wasted.

ChrisH36

Reaction score
Also, mass casters isn't such a safe idea vs Ne. I have killed and wasted an army of casters plenty of times with the help of these little Butterfly monsters. ITs pretty effective vs the dumbasses who don't turn off Autocast under them and also keep thier men clumped together.

Although bloodlust can be stolen, don't forget that a Spell Breaker has 250 mana. He can only steal 3 times, also he can use a small portion of his mana to steal a healing ward or a statis trap from the enemy. This is an effective tool in combating orcs since you are smacking them with thier own spells.

To counter this as orc. Either keep wards away from spell breaker cast range or dispel your own wards before they can take effect. Better that no1 has it then giving it to your enemy. Especially when Healing Wards cost 200 mana.

Pains Requiem

BattleForums Senior Member
Reaction score
Website
Visit site
Do you mean Control magic? He would have to use control magic to take control of a stasis unit, which only costs around 5 mana.

Spell Steal does cost 75 mana, but doesn't it transfer a buff from strongest target to strongest target? That makes it worth it. Plus, breakers don't go by themselves. There are always 3-4 breakers in a group when theya re used. At the least.

*never mind about the control magic part, misread your post*

Drkpsycho13666

Member!
Reaction score
Not a good idea to just mass casters, since you basically have no real tank unit to protect yourself when your partner is out creeping a little bit. And night elfs with dryads and bears pwn mass casters. If your gonna mass casters, make 8-10 tauren, then youlll get better results. Heck you can kill off a whole enemy base yourself like this. Although mass casters does has an advantage if the enemie has a crappy computer and has Special effects on, they will lag horribly in the chaotic scene :)

ChrisH36

Reaction score
Yeah, but then two-three faerie dragons can end the casting days for you. Since autocasting would kill you in seconds and the damage splash would severly kill your Docs.

Drkpsycho13666

Member!
Reaction score
Faerie Dragons sound cool now, though i dont knowmuch about them(Just got TFT a month ago) is that an autocast ability?