Making save triggers on RPG

jimchu

Member!
Reaction score
Website
Visit site
Ive been playing RPGS lately on WC3 tft and ive noticed how each one has the ability to save and load characters from diffrent games. You simply type save and your given a code that has all your items and your level written into it. Because most Rpgs are protected and i feel guilty unprotecting one, I decided to ask how the hell do they make save triggers that have every item and level that the character had when they last saved? Oh and sry for not posting this in the sticky but that sticky is so full of replies that posts comonly get ignored and are forgotten and unanswered.

Reaction score
Website
Visit site
its rather complicated making a saving code, if you know what entered chat SUBstrings are it makes explaining a whole lot easier, but i'll explain what it is anyway, a substring is a part of the string, so lets say your string was "my person"
each letter is given a number like so

m y p e r s o n
^ ^^^ ^ ^ ^ ^ ^
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9

The numbers don't line up and i can't really fix it so bear with me, even spaces are assigned a number.
so substring 1,1 would be "m" and substring 2,4 would be "y p" so the big long string of numbers is used to represent variables, which creates a hero with those set variables, so it may be

## ## ## ## ##

Lets assume the red set of numbers i the heros level, the green set of numbers is the hero's spell's, the black set of numbers are the hero's items, and the blue are the hero's model, so you would have an array variable (PLEASE know what that is) where the numbers would represent items, so 01 woiuld be sword, 02 would be good sword, etc. so you would take the black set of numbers (whatever the substring is, there are many ways to do this) and run the trigger "item - create (array variable) item[Substring numbers here] and give to hero" or w/e the trigger is, and then for the hero's level, you would go "create hero[substring of the hero type (the numbers in the black area)]" then you would set the hero's level to the substring of the red numbers, now don't use this exact way, try and mix it up and make it complicated so that people don't find out and abuse your code, and create level 100000000 heros, throw in a few extra didgets or letters (or even set the items to letters) and you'll be on your way, if this is way out of your leage and confusing or you just don't get it, im on MSN as Cest100@Hotmail.com