LostMagic - Ubisoft's answer to Camelot's Golden Sun?

bamthedoc

King Endymion
Reaction score
Website
www.fanfiction.net
According to Nintendo, the game LostMagic, published by Ubisoft for the NDS, is a game that will make exclusive use, or near exclusive use, of the unique stylus feature. The touch screen will control everything from character movement to a highly innovative magic system where you draw the runes to pull out their magical potential.

What I find truely remarkable, however, is that it will combine a story driven RPG with the ability to create your own character for competing agianst your friends through WFC! If this game gets translated for a US audience, I'll definately be checking this game out. There may be instant detraction in that the main character, for the story driven part of the game -- Isaac, is the cliche idea of an orphan saving the world. It may even be said that creating a party out of the monster's you "convert" is tired, but who can really say that drawing your own runes, like a real wizard might (if they existed), isn't just dandy?

WFC will also bring some interesting elements to it. According to what I've read, and may be present in the linked article, you can create your own character to compete with! We'll have to see how that goes, but it sounds pretty cool to me...maybe it's because I like mages and magic to begin with o_O;

Yay Ubisoft! ^_^

Now to address the title... Don't screenshots for LostMagic harken back to sprites from Golden Sun? o_O;