Killer ideas for sc2

BenchBreaker

Reaction score
here are my ideas for sc2, most of it is original but some are inspired by others

General Changes

- ghost have longer range, more damage but fires more slowly.
- battlecruiser and goliath (maybe also marine?) can attack while moving
- wraith and scout attack like interceptors

- battle cruiser and carrier are "scaled up" 2-3 times i.e. cost more supply, resource and time, larger size and more powerful. they fly in higher orbit so that marines, ghosts and hydralisks cant damage them. battle cruisers have multiple laser batteries (front and rear) yamato gun do area-effect dmg. carriers carry more interceptors

- creep increase the regen rate of zerg units standing on it.
- ultralisk damages all enemy units within a semi-circle in front of it when attacking
- chitious armor gives % dmg back to attackers.

New Abilities & Upgrades

- repairing nanobots: equipt all terran ground vehicle with one pack of these nanobots which repair 25% hp over 10 seconds. this will auto-activate when the vehicle's hp bar becomes red. it can also be activated by the user at any time.

- lifting thrusters: allow the seige tank to lift-off and hover for a while (10 secs?) this consume lots of power and if the user dont land it in time it'll crash-land doing some damage to itself (maybe crush some zerglings and marines in the process). this short hover is very useful as you can place your seige tanks on higher ground without drop ships. however the short flight period and manual landing ensures you cant do this quickly on mass-scale.

- hack: give ghosts the hack ability, cost 75 energy to use on vehicles and 100 energy to use on buildings. ghosts must be within very close range to use hack.

hack can be used on terran buildings and ground vehicles, when used on buildings it will disable it for a period of time, the length depends on the type of building, there are also different other effects for different builidings. when used on:
- command center: diable for 10 sec, during that time you can see the enemy's line if sight as if he/she have shared vision on.
- factories: hack make these buildings lift up and fly in a random direction for 15 sec, the enemy cant control the building during that time.
- tech buildings (includes add-ons): disabled for 60 sec (30 for add-ons), disabled add-ons will make the main buildings attached unable to produce units that require the add-on. also if you have built the hacked tech building, and the enemy have researched one or more tech you haven't, one such tech will be researched for you.
- supply depot: make the supply that building provides unavilable for 90 sec and give you a small amount of resource.

disabled buildings can only be repaired at half the normal speed.
when a vehicle is hacked, it will remain disabled until scv's have made repairs worth 1/3 fo it's original cost.

- enhanced claws: allow the lurker to move while burrowed but only on creep. this way lurkers can act as mobile base defences for the zergs.
- devour: allow the devourer to devour wraith, mutalisk, scout, coursair, inteceptors(4 at a time) and scourges (not a very good idea, maybe it'll cause a huge explosion, more scourges devoured at once the bigger the explosion) by creating a vacuum to suck them in.

- shield battery amplifier: give shield batteries more energy and increase the shield regeneration rate of nearby buildings.

New Units

terran cerberus: fast, lightly armored vehicle armed with 3 advanced "Perdition" flamethrowers (firebats use twin "perdition" flamethrowers)
- pros: fast, large area splash dmg, kills infantry easily
- cons: easily killed by vehicles, cost a lot of gas, cannot attack air

terran chameleon: ground transport, lightly armored to make room for the its large cloaking device. can carry up to 6 infantry, has moderate speed when empty, gets slower when loaded.
can research the grapler ability which allow the chameleon to launch graplers at infantry units from a long distance away. when attached the grapler will retract and bring the attached unit towards the chameleon. freindly units will be loaded into the chameleon, if there's any space. enemy units will be dumped a short distance away.
- pros: can cloak
- cons: weak and slow when loaded.

terran chimera: relatively large aircraft with high hp/armor and moderate speed. has “arcane†hydraulic spears weapon system that does light to moderate melee dmg to air units. a special property of this weapon is that it penetrates protoss shields and damage protoss aircrafts directly.

Abilities: hijack: – the chimera dives down and grab a large ground unit and hold it indefinitely until the player decide to release it. only one unit can be held at a time and speed is reduced while holding a unit (can also grab friendly units)
- after burner: allow the chimera to travel 3x faster for 8 seconds.
- tracktor beams: capture enemy air units smaller than the chimera with tracktor beams. units captured by tracktor beams cannot attack and follow the chimera wherever it goes. zergs captured also takes steady damage at half the rate of irradiation. up to 2 tracktor beams can be fired at the same time, however energy drains steadily when both are active.

Pros: very versatile when fully researched
Cons: can only attack air units and not much damage, expensive

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

protoss chaos archon: merged from1 high templar and 1 dark templar. because the conflicting light and dark energies, this purple archon is extremely unstable and produces large amount of psi energy that charges the shield and energy of nearby protoss units and burn nearby non-protoss units(uses energy). if it's energy is conserved and reaches full bar, then it can do a devastating self-destruction (almost the power of a nuke) maybe some other spells as well.

- pros: can generate large amonut of shield, one of them is enough for 6 zealots,
if you can get a few of these to full energy then you have the power to destroy a entire base.
- cons: the different templars cant merge naturally, so they must be merged inside a special building, and the process is costly in terms of both time and resource.

protoss shadow dancer: female protoss warrior, weaker than zealot but faster and more agile. equiped with a psi whip that deals moderate concussive damge to enemy units within a semi-circle in front of it. can research an upgrade to improve agility, so that it can jump over obsticles (land units, cliffs etc) the range for the jump is limited

it can also learn the constrict ability which allows it to constrict an enemy ground unit for a period of time. while this spell is active, neither the SD nor the target can do anything, but the target takes steady dmg. upto 3 SD's can constrict the same unit, the dmg rate goes up quadratically (1x, 4x, 9x)

- pros: very versatile when fully research, can secretly sneak into bases and kill workes quickly. single constrict can disable powerful powerful units and 3 simultaneous ones can kill.
- cons: not much use when not upgraded, better than zealot in taking out marines, but not much more.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

zerg seeker colony: large ground-based anti-air only unit. attacks and moves very slowly, but has massive range and dmg (taking out a guardian in one shot) its missile travels slowly and can be avoided by fast, small air units, it's main use is against battlecruisers, carriers and guardians. can research an upgrade to allow it to turn into either a sunken or a spore colony, so it can spread the creep for the zergs.
- pros: counter for mass battlecruiser, carrier, guardians, can spread the creep and be used as "offesive bunkering"
- cons: not much use otherwise and extremly vulnerable to ground units on their own

zerg biTerralisk: huge zerg creature that can morph between sub-terrain and aerial forms. very high hp/armor in both forms, cost roughly a cruiser/carrier.

sub-terrain form: travels under ground at slow to moderate speed, because of its huge size, its trail can be seen above surface. attack by bursting out of the ground beneath enemy units and devour them whole, does massive damage to buildings. a detectors is needed to see it when it’s stationary. however when it’s moving no detectors are required.
aerial form: flies slower than mutalisks but much faster than cruiser/carrier, does heavy melee damage.
morphing requires a considerable time but doesn’t cost resource

- pros: very powerful
- cons: very costly, when on the ground it can only attack ground, while in the air it can only attack air.

DeadLocked

BattleForums Addict
Reaction score
Very nice, Ideas. Surprising actually. I'd enjoy most of those things. LoL. Would add more startegies to the game.

Darkmatter

Battle God
Reaction score
Website
www.battleforums.com
Indeed. I do like your ideas, especially the Chaos Archon part. A mobile, unstable shield-generator would look really neat. I love how the Archons have like different types, for some reason to me it just seems really cool. Regardless, keep up the ideas. It's people like you who put some hope into StarCraft II by posting their ideas.

relnor

Member!
Reaction score
a huge costing bee hive that continually creats scrooges

Darkmatter

Battle God
Reaction score
Website
www.battleforums.com
They could make it so the Hive can produce 1 Scourge everytime it has 3 larva currently available. That may be imbalanced if you make tons of hatcheries, but you get the idea.

BenchBreaker

Reaction score
i am almost certain the Xel'Naga's will be in it, they are supposed to be masters of this part of the universe so expect some weird and wonderful technologies. many people want the hybrids, personally i dont like the idea, because there are only a few types units in SC but, unlike games such as AOE and C&C, all the units have cool names and each one is unique and very different from another (in terms of looks, stats and gameplay strats)
hybrids will ruin this unique attribute.

the machine race is another popular idea and i quite like it, maybe all their units are very good at their desinated tasks but terrible at others. or there are only a few basic 'building block' units, which can act individually but can also combine together to form larger machines.

Pains Requiem

BattleForums Senior Member
Reaction score
Website
Visit site
Pains Requiem said:
Terran Outcasts

Theif-hp-30
attack-melee 5
armor-1
abilities-n/a
(basically a zergling typeunit)

GunBlader-hp-60
attack-ranged/3 melee/15
armor-2
abilities-n/a

Marauder(beta name for marines)hp50
attack-ranged/10
armor-0
abilities-grenade-damages units-random throw direction (throws towards enemy units)

Shadow Blade Assassin-hp75
attack-melee/35
armor-o
abilities-cloak

Mech Gundam
(fly mode)
hp-120
armor-3
attack-ranged(air only)25
abilities-Halo Fire-similir to Valks reg attack but a little stronger(built like interceptors or scarabs)

Mech Gundam
(ground mode)
hp-120
armor-5
attack-ranged 50(low range low attack rate small splash)
abilities-Omega Beam(one time use per Mech like Vulture spider mines-needs to be researched) deals damage to ALL units in a straight line

Constrctor(builder/gatherer)
stats based on reg SCV

Gunship
hp-150
attack-ranged/75
armor-10
abilities-n/a
quote from an old post of mine. i tried to create a few units, or a race, actually. i liked it back when people would post these kind of things. i wish some people would start doing that again.

Darkmatter

Battle God
Reaction score
Website
www.battleforums.com
I've had too many ideas like that. I never poost them mainly because I don't rthink anyone would really appreciate or care on how much effort I put into them, and how long it took me to type it all out from my mind into a single post.

PauseBreak

Reaction score
here is a good idea

make NUKEs, NUKES.

not these crappy half assed half blown missles.
put FEAR back into ghosts. and whatnot.

PS> Machine race, its too Protoss.

Darkmatter

Battle God
Reaction score
Website
www.battleforums.com
I must have posted the above sentiments atleast 8 times in this forum by now. Better in-game physics to improve the reality factor of the game would be a interesting to see.

PauseBreak

Reaction score
Darkmatter said:
I must have posted the above sentiments atleast 8 times in this forum by now. Better in-game physics to improve the reality factor of the game would be a interesting to see.
I guess, but that would make the game "too real" They should also be more correct in their terms. E.g. Mutate. They use that word like going to the candy shop not really knowing what a mutant is. Its a mistake...not some perfects evolutionary process. lol
I've raved for so long now about that issue. :hbut

Darkmatter

Battle God
Reaction score
Website
www.battleforums.com
I mean, to the point where it actually appears to be real. When you give me a snow-cone shaped nuclear explosion, I complain and ask for a mushroom-shaped one.

kool214

Reaction score
If they actually make it while we're still young, it'll probably look more like the mod they made for C&C Generals. It has recently been renamed from "Starcraft 2: Xelnaga vengeance" to "Starkiller" for copyright infringement. lol Looks like the WC engine to me, but decide for yourselves what you think.

The link is http://mods.moddb.com/1530/.

:nooob Yes I am new here.

p.s. note the hydralisks with psyblades! :hbut

Darkmatter

Battle God
Reaction score
Website
www.battleforums.com
Looks like a slaphappy between Warcraft and C&C: General Graphics. We had a thread about a picture I located on Google that I found to be really interesting. Sadly, the image was from a C&C: Generals Mod. :p

KING OF ZEALOTS

Member!
Reaction score
Website
www.battle.net
Well, I, of course, have an idea for a protoss or Xel'Naga unit (You make the choice of what race it fits to)

White Zeltar: Similar to a Dark Templar (uncloaked)

This is what I would call a "Super Zealot" with larger psi blades with very intense range and there is more psi in the blades creating damage beyond that of 3 zealots (Too bad this thing is costly in gas) The main ability for this creature is the Psi Whip which creates this awsome thing that looks like a FarSeer's chain lightning and it just whips random units that are near the Zeltar (enemy of course) dealing approx 50 damage at level non-upgraded level, that is what I would call a good spell,

pros- strength is beyond any expected for such a small little ground unit

cons- Cost is major setback for a rush with carriers (if this is a toss unit). And the whip costs way more than that of a carrier.

KING OF ZEALOTS

Member!
Reaction score
Website
www.battle.net
kool214 said:
If they actually make it while we're still young, it'll probably look more like the mod they made for C&C Generals. It has recently been renamed from "Starcraft 2: Xelnaga vengeance" to "Starkiller" for copyright infringement. lol Looks like the WC engine to me, but decide for yourselves what you think.

The link is http://mods.moddb.com/1530/.

:nooob Yes I am new here.

p.s. note the hydralisks with psyblades! :hbut
well those graphics were cool but u know if they make sc2 they will not make it with those graphics exactly, take out the C&C graphics from those pics and leave in WC3 ull have ur graphics, they are goin to continue their graphics for wc3 in most of their games, because the sales from wc3 were the greatest seen in blizzard history and also i went through many game rating sites, and found that WC3 got at least a 9 out of 10 on all of them, and on several others it got a 10 out of 10 so dont be thinkin theyll change their graphic styles anytime soon...

o and sry for double post.

Pains Requiem

Reaction score
Website
Visit site
i must say i liked the way the campaign editor looks-

looks like youll have a lot of freedom for map-making!

Darkmatter

Battle God
Reaction score
Website
www.battleforums.com
I HIGHLY doubt Warcraft III sold more then Diablo II. I could be wrong but to my knowledge Diablo II is still a fairly popular game, after being out as long as it has. They've made so much money off of it. :D

I want the graphics to be...not Warcraft 3D, but maybe better, more detailed. I think the grahpics would look different with a SC Scheme then a Warcraft one, since Starcraft units would obviously look different then Warcraft Units. :p

StonerMk2

Reaction score
in refrence to that SC2 mod for C&C Gen...i hope tht mod doesnt come out....u see how BIG everything looks.....the Carriers would take up half ur screen....i honestly hope those were Beta images....b/c tht would be one really shitty Mod...i mean ive downloaded one tht turned SC into a SW game..and damn tht was pretty shitty but SC2 with the Sage engine would suck ass