@Kao

Renzokuken

Saved
Reaction score
Ok, so my guild is on Vashj. We've had two days of attempts and our main problem is our dps.

Phase 1 goes off without a hitch; no deaths and not healer intensive. Phase 2 is where it starts to get hairy. Here is what we do;

• 1 dps and 1 healer on each platform for the elementals (Four platforms).
  • Warlock kites the Striders between Vashj's inner circle and the lip of the stairs, in a circle. Ranged dps nukes the striders.
  • Me and another prot warrior pick up the nagas and bring them to Vashj's circle and the melee dps deal with them.

Problems:
  • Too many elementals get through and the melee have to switch off dps on the naga and move to the elementals that got through. There are still nagas up when another spawns. It's hard for me to pick up another naga (Since they hamstring, and cleave) while tanking another, so they usually insta-gib a healer before i get to them.
  • The first strider goes down pretty fast. Then it starts to get hectic, and there's about zero dps on the second or third.
  • Idiots don't call out the tainted spawns fast enough and since there's only 1 dps per platform, they sometimes despawn on us

Is there anything you do differently? What troubled your guild the most before your first kill? Once you got into phase 3, was it pretty much a free kill? How many days of attempts before your first kill?

Yeah, a lot of questions i know. But i want to get this bitch down and since you've killed her, your input may be of use to me.

Thanks bra.

Kao

Drives an Evo IX ;)
Reaction score
We've got a few more people working on the Elementals. We usually bring 1-2 hunters (usually just myself), 2-3 rogues, 3-4 warlocks, 3-4 mages, usually 2 feral druids, and 2 slots for dps warriors/enh shaman. Is your DPS good enough on the Naga's and Striders? If it is, put more ranged (hell, put a melee/ranged on one side) during stage 2. It's somewhat intense watching one side, but with a good connection (at least for me, I often have connection problems), it's cake for a hunter to lockdown 4 spawns + a tainted or so, provided CD's are up to kill him.

We tank the Elites in the center for melee to DPS them like you guys do, we have the warlocks kite the striders on the ledges.

It sounds like you'll need to put more people on elementals, and preparing for the tainteds to spawn, that should fix alot. We killed Vashj in, i'd say 10 hours of actual attempts on her. Stage 1 is a joke, just spread out. Stage 2 gets a little nasty, but as long as you can spare the ranged dps to keep those elementals from getting to Vashj, AND killing the Tainteds as they spawn (missing one will screw things up), you shouldn't be too bad.

Also, whats your raid look like, do you stack melee?

Renzokuken

Saved
Reaction score
We didn't exactly have our A-team during our first two nights of attempts. People find it so hard to multi-task and attack/dot multiple targets. It's either not enough dps on the elementals, or too much, and not enough dps on the striders.
For example, naga and strider dps will be good, but then a lot of elementals get through and the melee in the center need to help out on the leftover elementals so we lose dps on the nagas. Then another naga will spawn while i'm tanking one, and if i'm hamstrung i can't tank it in time before it usually insta-gibs someone.

We have about 4 melee (Not including tanks), 5 max. About 4 mages, 3-4 warlocks, etc.

Kao

Drives an Evo IX ;)
Reaction score
Then it's probably a [OVERALL] dps problem. Get your people that kill the elementals to take 3-4 nodes + a tainted spawn to themselves.

TrongaMonga

Grumpy Old Grandpa
Reaction score
Jason, go play the freaking game.

:p

Jason

BattleForums Guru
Reaction score
I play..it's just that instead of grinding for hours on end I visit shit like the dancing troll village, haha..

TrongaMonga

Grumpy Old Grandpa
Reaction score
I love that music, I could hear it for hours :(