JED/PINDLEBOT Questions??? CLICK HERE BEFORE POSTING!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Aris

Member!
Reaction score
Website
Visit site
Everyone w/ problems concerning JED

Flaming Cows has decompiled JED as well as the Padawin Learner and has read every line of code looking for Trojans and key loggers. He says it’s clean and that’s good enough for me. This only goes for JED if its downloaded from Diabloworlds website. If you get it anywhere else, then its possible a virus/keylogger has been attatched to it.

A quick synopsis of what exactly JED is. It’s a program that runs java scripts for Diablo 2. The scripts are typically Pindlebots but can also be Meph bots, Cow run bots, Bloody run bots etc etc.

I wanted to give you guys some links to information so you can all solve your own problems instead of me having a million PM's. :p

Before you can visit any of these links you will need to get a membership for the site. It’s free. They don’t ask any important questions. They will only need a valid email address.

This Link has the main JED program as well as the Padawin Learner. You will need both. You will also need WinZip to unzip Padawin learner. Make sure you put all the files for Padawin learner in the same directory that you installed JED or it wont work. JED does not have to be in the same folder as D2, you can install it anywhere you choose. They are the last 2 files at the bottom of this page. Or was when I created this thread.
http://www.diabloworld.com/modules/mydownloads/viewcat.php?cid=30

This Link is for the SH-Demon sorc script. you will need to read through it and set it up for your specific character before you use it. just open it in notepad or WordPad. I HIGHLY RECOMEND THIS SCRIPT FOR SORCS!!! the default pindle script for sorcs will work. but I didn’t really like it. it has a few problems.
http://www.diabloworld.com/modules/mydownloads/singlefile.php?lid=480

I don’t play chars other than sorcs so don’t ask me for a good script for other chars. I don’t know them. ask people on the JED forums for their recommendations for scripts for other types of chars.

This link is for the JED forum page.
http://www.diabloworld.com/modules/newbb/viewforum.php?forum=76

This link is for a MASTER COPY of Pickit.ini. although it is incomplete. it stops at unique swords. the second link will be another master copy with a complete list. the reason I post both is I like the setup of the first one more, but the second one is complete.
http://www.diabloworld.com/modules/mydownloads/singlefile.php?lid=476
http://www.diabloworld.com/modules/mydownloads/singlefile.php?lid=474

THE COMPLETE JED INSTALLATION GUIDE! take this link and read it thoroughly before you come to me for answers.
http://www.diabloworld.com/modules/newbb/viewtopic.php?topic_id=15654&forum=76&43

IF after you have visited all of the links posted, and you've thoroughly read through all the files and your still having problem then ask a question.

No one held my hand through the installation process of this proggy. I had to visit all these links and read all this information and go through all these files just like you will.

ADDITIONAL INFORMATION:

When installing JED. You will see a window pop up that says somthing like "do you want to keep your existing files?" it says some other shit before that i dont remember what though. YES you want to keep the existing files. click "YES TO ALL". In the link above for the complete installation guide it says no. but notice it says "NO, DONT OVERWRITE FILES". yes to keeping existing files and not dont overwrite files is the same thing. just be aware when installing.

Also it will ask you to restart your computer aftering installing JED. You'd assume most ppl would understand that they need to restart their computers for JED to work, but you'd be suprised how many ppl complain "it doesnt work" and this is why.

I did find 1 bug with JED. When you first start it, you have to leave the D2 window active until after it selects your character. if you minimize it before this then it will continue to restart D2 over and over without ever doing any runs.

also there is a box under "advanced settings" called "auto minimize". make sure this is unchecked. if it’s checked and D2 auto restarts for any reason then it will get stuck in this loop also cause it will be auto minimized when it restarts.

so that you don’t have to keep retyping in all the info in JED every time you load it you can edit the file "JEDiMaster.ini".

when it creates and joins a game you will see this line pop up. "Pickit Disabled". This is normal, it is supposed to happen. It’s to allow you to drop junk from your inventory to the ground that might be listed to be picked up in pickit, and would auto pick it back up right after you dropped it. what will happen is you will go through the red portal. kill pindle, and after pindle is dead it will re-enable pickit. pick up anything listed for pickit to pick up. and then it will disconnect. also you'll noticed it will say "Your Connection Has Been Interrupted". this is also normal. they did this instead of a "save n exit" because it’s quicker and you get the same result from both.

it seems as though the default scripts that come with the installation of JED are somewhat buggy. my suggestion to you is to go to diabloworlds web page. go to JED downloads, and then under pindlescripts. have it sort them by rank in descending order. and pick the highest ranked script that fits your specific character.

you cannot just download a script and use it as it comes. the scripts are made to be customizable so that they will work for a broader range of characters. you have to open the script your using with notepad or WordPad. and set any/all variables in the script. make sure you read ALL THE WAY down the script. the variables are not all grouped at the top. their are variables all the way through them. just read the comments in the script, they tell you what all the variables do.

Aris

Member!
Reaction score
Website
Visit site
THE FOLLOWING ARE THE RECOMMENDED ITEMS, SKILLS, and STATS FOR A SORC RUNNING THE SH-DEMON SCRIPT FOR JED!

Skillz:

max orb/nova/tstorm/lightning mastery.

put 1 point into shiver armor, static field, mana shield, cold mastery, warmth

you'll obviously have to also put 1 point into all the prerequisites for those skillz.

STATS:

STR: 145
DEX: NONE
VIT: 100
ENERGY: 200+

once you get str to 145, and vit to 100, put all the rest of your stat points into energy. the reason for the high str is for stormshield which req 156str. add 10 from war travs and 2 from shako and you get 157str. just enough. 100 vit is plenty once you add in the recommended items listed below. you will have around 700 health at lvl 90

ITEMS:

UM'd Stormshield, IST'd Oculus, PT'd Shako, Tals ammy, PT'd Tals armor, Tals belt (15%mf), 40% chanceguards, 2x 30% nagels, 50% war travs.

MERC ITEMS:

Ethereal AMN'd Spire of Honor, PT'd Ethereal 50% steelskull, PT'd Tals armor.

this setup will give you about 500% mf and your merc about 200% mf. while also give you max cold/lightning resist and a decent fire resist and your merc will have max fire/cold/lightning resist once he reaches about lvl 85.

also note i didnt list any known hacked items like occy rings. i dont use them. and i dont condone their usage. so i wont list them as items to use in a mf setup.

also once you max orb/nova/tstorm/Lmaster. put the rest of your skill points into static field. this will happen around lvl 85 or so.

Status
Not open for further replies.