Jed Help

NZ_Falcon

Member!
Reaction score
Website
Visit site
Alright i downloaded jed today and it rox, so easy to install but theres a couple of things i need to ask

First off heres my eq list (tell me if i shuld take away sumthings and replace them)

Shako (p topaz)
Skullders (P topaz)
Occy (clean)
Milbregas orb (8% mf charm) lol cant get anything better :p
Nagel x 2 23%,26%
Maras 28%
War tarvs 49%
Gold wrap
Frostburn

Im a Nova sorc with these stats:-
Energy shield (cant rememebr 15-23 sumwhere there)
Frovent armor 9
Nova 24
TS 21
Lightning mastery 22
static-9
I have otherr stats but those r the 1s the script uses, alos i cant remeber the actual stats those are approx

1) first off i run out of mana quite fast (i have 812) so 30-40% of the time maybe even 60% i disconnect b4 i kill pindle, or i waste the mana on a minion after pindle is dead so i d/c b4 i have a cance to get anything(so far ive lost 50% of drops to it)
i need sum suggestions of what to do

2) I have 434 mf is that enuf? so far all i have gotten is full rejuv, jewels and a cats eye ammy

3)see 1 ireally need some on advice as what i shuld sacrifice to get more mana

Thx plz reply

han_solo

Member!
Reaction score
Website
Visit site
Originally posted by NZ_Falcon
Alright i downloaded jed today and it rox, so easy to install but theres a couple of things i need to ask

First off heres my eq list (tell me if i shuld take away sumthings and replace them)

Shako (p topaz)
Skullders (P topaz)
Occy (clean)
Milbregas orb (8% mf charm) lol cant get anything better :p
Nagel x 2 23%,26%
Maras 28%
War tarvs 49%
Gold wrap
Frostburn

most important: replace the 2 nagel with 2 soj, and the mana problems should be gone. no mf sorc should leave out her 2 soj.
i further suggest you get any 2-socketed shield and make a 'rhyme' shield with ShaelEth (25%mf and some nice sorc stats, for example mana regeneration).
if you find it, replace skullders, gold wrap and maras with tal rasha set items. its the best mf combo out there cause you also get +40% resistance AND +37% damage taken goes to mana...
if you still have some resistance problems, you may want to use some rare boots with 30%faster run and/or mf and lightning res or just put a few small res charms in your inventory. if you still have mana problems, you will have to use frostburn instead of goldwrap.

Im a Nova sorc with these stats:-
Energy shield (cant rememebr 15-23 sumwhere there)
Frovent armor 9
Nova 24
TS 21
Lightning mastery 22
static-9
I have otherr stats but those r the 1s the script uses, alos i cant remeber the actual stats those are approx

you havent posted your base stats, but it seems you havent spent any points (or very little) in mana - 200-250 with nova (AND 2 soj) are not wrong, the rest should go into life.

perhaps you should also get some blocking merc, with gaze, shaft and some decent weapon with life leech (a barb from act 5 or some guy from act 2, but i think barb is the best choice here - give him doombringer when you have found it :D )

1) first off i run out of mana quite fast (i have 812) so 30-40% of the time maybe even 60% i disconnect b4 i kill pindle, or i waste the mana on a minion after pindle is dead so i d/c b4 i have a cance to get anything(so far ive lost 50% of drops to it)
i need sum suggestions of what to do

2) I have 434 mf is that enuf? so far all i have gotten is full rejuv, jewels and a cats eye ammy

3)see 1 ireally need some on advice as what i shuld sacrifice to get more mana

Thx plz reply
hope this will help you surviving :)

greets, han_solo

NZ_Falcon

Member!
Reaction score
Website
Visit site
Cheers:D

the heardest thing about that will be the tal rahas, i dont come into the sojs very often, it was very lucky when i got that cham in cows :/

anyay thx :) ill defiently get the sojs

But still...... im annoyed at losing over half my drops now :(
what if that moment when im doing sumthing else and a windforc drops? well :mad: ill check my log and be pissed, but i suppose the sojs will help so again

thx alot:D

han_solo

Member!
Reaction score
Website
Visit site
if you have enough status points left, max frozen orb and put 1 point in cold mastery.
cause its really hard to beat him with nova only, and more important: he often has strong lightning res. i think thats one of the reasons why you cant beat him before your mana runs out.

in fact, the best pindle sorc is frozen orb/nova. if youre not able to max frozen orb with your current sorc, i recommend you make a new one (just get her to hell cows asap and leech there).

Aris

Member!
Reaction score
Website
Visit site
well i know you guys were waiting for my post. :)

this is a list of what i use on my tstorm/nova/orb sorc.

Armor: PT Tals (after you add in the MF from the belt and the bonus with the ammy you have almost 200%mf, this is only 20mf shy of a skulders @lvl99 w/ a 35% mf ammy and goldwrap, but with tals you get a shit load of resists instead. and you will need them for pindle. trust me.)

Ammy: tals (+2 to skills and great lightning resist. you will want you and your merc to have max lightning resist in hell)

Belt: 15% Tals (the third piece in the puzzle that unlocks the bonus of +65% MF. try to find a 15%mf version. but any one will work)

Helm: PT Shako

Orb: IST'd Oculus (you can get more mf from either ali baba with 2 ists or a 6ist'd sword. but you lose a shit load of resists and +skillz. and with an IST this does have a respectable amount of mf. 80%)

Shield: Stormshield socketed with UM (Simply awsome with an UM rune. this shield maxed my cold and lightning resists in hell. and the 35% dmg reduced will help against the dmg you take when pindles minions resurect)

Gloves: 40% chance guards

Boots: 50% War Travs (the add'd str also helps to hold stormshield)

Rings: 2, 30% Nagels.

with this setup my resists in hell are as followed.
Fire: 33% (with a couple fire resist sc's)
Cold: 75%
Lightning: 75%
Poisen: -33% (it sucks i know. but pindle almost never has poisen. and even when he does your merc can usually keep it away from you)

my merc is an ACT2 Nightmare Defensive merc. he has the holy freeze aura. he is currently lvl 87 and wears the following stuff:

Weapon: 189% Spire of Honor (socketed with AMN for life steal. someday i plan on giving him an ethereal spire of honor socketed with AMN)

Armor: PT Tals armor (112% mf. only 12% behind skulders when my merc makes it to lvl 98. and it gives him 40% resist to fire/cold/lightning.)

Helm: Ethereal PT Steelskull (71%mf with life leech, and 350 defense)

in hell he currently has 73% resist to fire/cold/lightning and like 33% resist to poisen.

ok. now that that is done. i advise ANYONE no matter what character class you use to have max lightning resist on yourself and yoru merc in hell. if you do not, LE pindle will rip you apart. and ive found pindle is LE around 40% of the time. :(

other resists are nice to have high but are not quite as severe if not maxed.

you'll notice i dont use soj's or frosts. as you can imagine my mana isnt that great. i have around 900 mana. but here's the secret to not loosing it all before pindle is dead. your merc. highly recommend the act 2 mercs cause they have an aura that helps you out as well. melee chars like barbs and also zons might want to get the MIGHT act2 merc so that it will increase the amount of damage you do. for the spell casters i suggest a defensive merc. NM defensive will get you holy freeze (this is what i use), Hell defensive will give you defiance.

with the merc as a meat shield it really reduces the amount of dmg you take cause your merc will keep all the monsters from being right on top of you. their is currently only one version of pindle that still kicks my ass though. and thats when he is both LE and has the Conviction aura. conviction cuts your resists, and LE tears both me and my merc to pieces. i almost always auto chicken because of low health when this version of pindle comes up. but luckily it only comes up about once every 100 runs or so.

also you'll notice their are a few chances for me to get rid of an item for another with more mf. IE a 4ist'd monarch instead of UM'd stormshield. and i'll tell you why i did that. once you start going over 300%mf, the increase in the chance for unqies to drop starts to dwindle. now it will never get to the point where more mf will hurt you. but like the difference between 400%mf and 1000%mf for a unique to drop is only about 100% actuall mf. just keep that in mind when you guys are selecting your gear.

but in the end the BIGGEST SUGGESTION i can give you guys is MAX LIGHTNING RESIST IN HELL! this over anythign else will help you guys out the most.

hope this helped you guys out. :)