Is softcore for pussies?

COTA-GoD

Member!
Reaction score
Ëñdlë$$ SûFFërïñG said:
-Thats a warn...

-2flames? eh maybe 1 warn..

HC is if you uhh, like the thrill of tryign to stay alive... :)

Its also against the rules to attempt to do a moderators job, dont be a ****ing moron. Reporting it is all you can ****ing do.

Ntrik_

Premium Member
Reaction score
Yes, Softcore is for pussies, Hardcore isnt hard unless you get "CONNECTION INTERRUPTTED"

ChrisH36

Guy with Most Posts on Quiet Board.
Reaction score
At that point, you will be like... Well, time to start a new character and write my will :(

Ntrik_

Premium Member
Reaction score
Hellwolf_36 said:
At that point, you will be like... Well, time to start a new character and write my will :(
if you know when to save & exit and when to drink full pot, you live.

Aqua-THF

Member!
Reaction score
Lets say you have been playing SC for a month, which is the MAX amount of time any respectable player would need to totally own the game and make the godliest of characters on SC. Ok, now what. Make another? Hmm, how about collect every item in the game, boring.
My cousin started a character on SC Ladder and within a week he was 92 with everything a Hammerdin needs to do Hell Baal ALONE. He could rush people through Hell for the forge in minutes. Where is the challenge? If you dont like a challenge, please, go play Open Bnet and haxxor your character up good. IMHO, a game without challenge is not a game. It is pointless repition.
Hard earned work? Please, anyone can get 80 in a day. For those Starcraft players out their, Softcore is to Money Maps as Hardcore is to Ladder Matches = Blade Storm, Temple, etc. Softcore is for people afraid of a challenge and people who think they cant cut it when everything is on the line = pussies. THE ONLY EXCEPTION TO THIS IS DUELING. Dueling on SC is fun...

Premium Member
Reaction score
Website
gamerz-lounge.com
Your brother either:

-Botted for the whole week and has more luch then a leperchaun with 464 4-leaf clovers or
-was laying in 1.09

Aqua-THF

Member!
Reaction score
You may want to try to be a little more observant. He didnt bot at all and if Im not mistaken, he is my cousin. He played, alot, and traded, alot. He used to play back in the days before LOD and made quite a lot of money collecting certain rares and trading them for Sojs. Than in turn, trading them for money over paypal. I think he made over a 1000$. Keep in mind this is back when an Soj went for 8-10$ and a WF was somewhere in the hundreds. No, he just played smart. It isnt hard, unless you play HC.

Abyss

BattleForums Addict
Reaction score
Website
Visit site
SC is not for pussy ...

i have lags now and then so it is not worth it to rebuild my char if i die during those periods ...

play Hc ... collects lots of items ... then died ... lets see how he/she likes it ... maybe that is why they like it , losing hardearned items ...

but there is a kick in having one life only and striving to stay a life ... so i think it depends on the person himself/herself ...

Aqua-THF

Member!
Reaction score
Abyss said:
SC is not for pussy ...

i have lags now and then so it is not worth it to rebuild my char if i die during those periods ...

play Hc ... collects lots of items ... then died ... lets see how he/she likes it ... maybe that is why they like it , losing hardearned items ...

but there is a kick in having one life only and striving to stay a life ... so i think it depends on the person himself/herself ...
You make a good point. If you lag, you should not play HC. But Diablo is a VERY old game, get a new comp for like 500$ and you will never experience lag, ever. They have this new thing called muling, so you dont lose everything. I am an advocate of HC. IMO their is no fun in playing a game you CANT lose. Nothing is hardearned in Diablo. Most items can be obtained quite easily if you know how to play and trade. Another thing, people tend to knock HC without ever playing it, but you will all be teh n00bxxors in my book untill you get a level 90+ on HC.

Ntrik_

Premium Member
Reaction score
Aqua-THF said:
You make a good point. If you lag, you should not play HC. But Diablo is a VERY old game, get a new comp for like 500$ and you will never experience lag, ever. They have this new thing called muling, so you dont lose everything. I am an advocate of HC. IMO their is no fun in playing a game you CANT lose. Nothing is hardearned in Diablo. Most items can be obtained quite easily if you know how to play and trade. Another thing, people tend to knock HC without ever playing it, but you will all be teh n00bxxors in my book untill you get a level 90+ on HC.
quoted for the truth, HC rocks.

TroiK-

Premium Member
Reaction score
Website
Visit site
yes it does. Every Unique item i have ever gotten i put in mule exept for the stuff i use had that full Armor set for the Amazon dam dieing at lvl 80 sucks.

Aqua-THF

Member!
Reaction score
NtRik_ said:
quoted for the truth, HC rocks.
TrOiK said:
yes it does.
Oh thank god, I was begining to think I was the only one here with balls. HC is teh haxx0r 1337xx0r5, or something...

Ntrik_

Premium Member
Reaction score
The reason why many people think HC sucks, is because they think this way:
-When they die: OMFG **** THIS ALL MY HARDEARNED STUFF GONE, IM GOING BACK TO SC

Heres how I think when I play HC:
-When I die: Damn... oh well, time to start new,

:S guess its just me, I had like 50 HC chars dead and restarted intotal of my D2 gaming.

TroiK-

Premium Member
Reaction score
Website
Visit site
NtRik_ said:
The reason why many people think HC sucks, is because they think this way:
-When they die: OMFG **** THIS ALL MY HARDEARNED STUFF GONE, IM GOING BACK TO SC

Heres how I think when I play HC:
-When I die: Damn... oh well, time to start new,

:S guess its just me, I had like 50 HC chars dead and restarted intotal of my D2 gaming.
That is almost exactly like me exept like 100 HC chars die and get restarted but better games r out there now.

Abyss

BattleForums Addict
Reaction score
Website
Visit site
Aqua-THF said:
ok .. point taken ... maybe i will try HC after all ;)

ChrisH36

Guy with Most Posts on Quiet Board.
Reaction score
TrOiK said:
That is almost exactly like me exept like 100 HC chars die and get restarted but better games r out there now.
That depends how far you got. IF you died to Zombies, no big deal! IF you died to hell Black Souls, THEN THERE IS A PROBLEM :usad

_CM

Respected Member
Reaction score
Aqua-THF said:
I had a fast Pc but i was still lagging... whats wrong? yes, my internet connection sucked... and you can't buy a new connection if its technically impossible to get one.

gg no re newbie point lol :(

Aqua-THF

Member!
Reaction score
coolmission said:
I had a fast Pc but i was still lagging... whats wrong? yes, my internet connection sucked... and you can't buy a new connection if its technically impossible to get one.

gg no re newbie point lol :(
When I had a good comp and 56k I didnt lag, at least not enough to have a well biult char die. I suggest refining your biuld to fit a little bit of HC lag, oh, whats that?! COME BACK! GG, probly a re when you read this...