Interesting topic on the WoW forums: druids.

TheNamelessYam

Member!
Reaction score
Website
Visit site
have you noticed the beef the druid forum has been getting? a lot of people are beginning to believe druids are the most worthless class in the game. what are your opinions on this? im a druid myself, and i dont feel in any way gimped. but from what they've been saying, the druid starts to suck after level 40, when all the classes start getting good, mainly in groups. i dont know about you, but mark of the wild and thorns, as well as being able to tank AND heal doesnt sound too bad to me...

Andrew

Premium Member
Reaction score
i dont really know how they are until i either fight one or be one. i havent done either, so i have no real opinion. techinically, all of the people on the bnet forums like to whine if anything is wrong, either nerf or buff. if they are truly weak, they will be buffed. since you think they are good anyways, then nothing is wrong.

TheNamelessYam

Member!
Reaction score
Website
Visit site
remember, most people say things go wrong at 40+, i wont know about any problems with them until then. but if you check the WoW forums, all the other mana users have more base mana, and shamans have way more defense (not sure about priests). its just begging for buffs. perhaps better spells at level 40, or a better dire bear shapeshift spell.

Stryder

BattleForums Senior Member
Reaction score
The class is ok, they do quite well in PvP with Roots, and being able to shapeshift helps.

TheNamelessYam

Member!
Reaction score
Website
Visit site
i have no good strat against players or enemies where i go from spells to shapeshift yet, so shapeshifting is what i normally use for things my level or lower. for level 24s and above them though, you can solo them, and with glasses of milk (or the next level of mana regen drinks), never lose a single point of health. just use entangle, moonfire, and then any variation of spells after, so long as you keep recasting those two to keep them immobile and constantly losing health. if you cast rejuv, even ranged spells dont compare to how much health you regenerate, and you are still full health after the battle. for the cat, claw adds damage and helps accumulate the rip combo you do later, which causes up to 23 dmg a second at my level.

however this further proves my point, druids are solo chars, and suck at killing more then one unit at a time.

Samsara

Member!
Reaction score
Website
www.WarcraftForums.com
Entangling Roots makes the Druid soar, but when you think of his other offensive spells, he is kinda bad :-/

When in bear/cat form he is just a mundane fighter/rogue with a broken leg or something.

He is not "great" but in no way is he "bad"

-=@Driphter@=-

BattleForums Addict
Reaction score
Website
www.beef4kids.com
I've always thought of druids as a "jack of all trades, master of none." I don't care for dueling them myself because I'm 100% melee and they always immediately cast roots.

TheNamelessYam

Member!
Reaction score
Website
Visit site
i think lowering mana cost and casting time for healing touch will even it out with priests in terms of healing. and gving the cat more damage would even us out in terms of damage with everyone else. this will help achieve what i believe blizzard wanted the druid to be; a versatile character that can fill for a healer/caster, or a warrior.

-=@Driphter@=-

BattleForums Addict
Reaction score
Website
www.beef4kids.com
TheNamelessPunk said:
i think lowering mana cost and casting time for healing touch will even it out with priests in terms of healing. and gving the cat more damage would even us out in terms of damage with everyone else. this will help achieve what i believe blizzard wanted the druid to be; a versatile character that can fill for a healer/caster, or a warrior.
If the druid was even with the other characters, then wouldn't that make him an over all superior character? Why would someone choose a priest or a melee character if they can have both? I think that you have to find a balance in versatility and superiority. To have a character be good in all situations, he shouldn't be as good as a different class in their given specialty.

ThRaShEd

Member!
Reaction score
well i have made a male duid when came out got it to 11 then dumped it cause it looked stupid :/ so i remade a female druid and now have it to 13 I LOVED both i cant wait till this weekend when i get 20 and become a cat it looks so freaking cool man
o ya and i dont think they r worthless with wrath and the vine thing and healing and transforming its all good... + the power to make people in ur party stronger