****ing game ratings...

Kaldaris

BattleForums Senior Member
Reaction score
Website
www.sundren.org
Hows about this, I try to get myself an anime DVD (Cant DL, only in Japan) Apparently it was 16+, so I tell him Im 15 and he tells me to put it back. I just stare at him, push it into the trash can by the counter, and walk out.

Boy he was pissed. I hope so, I was too. =/

Kao

Drives an Evo IX ;)
Reaction score
And this brings me to:

We can go to war and die for our country at 18, but can't get a damn alcoholic beverage till you're 21?

Emperor Pan I

Respected Member
Reaction score
Originally posted by Kao
And this brings me to:

We can go to war and die for our country at 18, but can't get a damn alcoholic beverage till you're 21?
I can get drunk while going to war. Canada u can drink at 19.

Arkillo

The best of both worlds
Reaction score
Website
myspace.com
Originally posted by Kao
And this brings me to:

Technically, the legal drinking age is only 18, however all 50 states have deemed it be 21 IN state.

Ntrik_

Premium Member
Reaction score
Originally posted by VizjereiMage
I've bought D2 Battle Chest at age ..15 or 16..alone..didn't get any hassle..

I look at least 18 so people usually don't think to ask..I'm 17.
Got D2 when I was Grade 7 (12 years old I believe)

And my grade 3 cousin got me D2:LoD, how cool is that?

Technically, the legal drinking age is only 18, however all 50 states have deemed it be 21 IN state.
Funny, my dad made me drink yesterday and Im only 15, (well 17 in Korea... long story)

jd-inflames

Melodic Murderer
Reaction score
Website
www.cursedprophets.com
I've bought 2 copies of D2 in my days. One of them, I was 15 and had to have my sister with me because she was 18 at the time and had the ID to prove it. The second time I was 18 so it was fine.

I can see why they want to ID kids...just because they don't know if their parents would approve, or perhaps it is too graphic and violent for little kids to play. I wouldn't imagine a little kid thiinking that zombies were out to get them, but I can imagine them hitting kids and being violent just because they find entertainment out of it.

But I also think that they should be dropped down to age 16. Most parents stop caring what their kids see at that age anyway, some even younger. I didn't say ages 13-15 because that is when young minds tend to warp the most ;)

Zmoney

Reaction score
Censorship sucks also, i wish i lived in canada and saw boobies on daytime TV.

Iliaran

Member!
Reaction score
course its out...i played nonstop and beat it right after i got it...

DarkBlade, if you cant get it from some shop...trying getting it through...different channels...

and the whole censorship thing: the game actually says you have to be 17 to play it(in the intro)...and i after playing for a couple of hours...i have to say i agree with them...
you see...my brother was watching me play the game..but right after the part where all hell breaks loose he just ran out of my room shit scared. in fact...i can use "ill force you to play doom 3!" as a threat (seriously).
plus, in the later levels there's so much gore all over the place that i was just a bit sickened...if you look close enough you can even see blood flowing down the walls (in some cases at least)...
the game ratings thing is there for a reason...

DigitalElite

Premium Member
Reaction score
Website
fishdynastyproducts.deviantART.com
Originally posted by Iliaran
course its out...i played nonstop and beat it right after i got it...

DarkBlade, if you cant get it from some shop...trying getting it through...different channels...

and the whole censorship thing: the game actually says you have to be 17 to play it(in the intro)...and i after playing for a couple of hours...i have to say i agree with them...
you see...my brother was watching me play the game..but right after the part where all hell breaks loose he just ran out of my room shit scared. in fact...i can use "ill force you to play doom 3!" as a threat (seriously).
plus, in the later levels there's so much gore all over the place that i was just a bit sickened...if you look close enough you can even see blood flowing down the walls (in some cases at least)...
the game ratings thing is there for a reason...
\

That only made me want to get it MORE!

Although, I am waiting till it has a lower price 50$ a game, no way.

The only thing I have ever had a problem with is the Parental Advisory, that is just pointless...whoever thinks music can influence someone to do something wrong, is idiotic. The Movie ratings dont matter, because They dont ID at my movie theater. Plus, I have never had any problem with the Game Ratings, I got GTA III when it came out, and I think I was like 13 when that happened, and I hadnt hit puberty yet :(

Kao

Drives an Evo IX ;)
Reaction score
Your brother has problems if he got scared from skeletons and some reizfargs? Wow.

Diniano

Premium Member
Reaction score
Re: Re: ****ing game ratings...

Originally posted by AxL
You gave them the finger for doing their job? No offense man but throwing a fit because of the clerks doing their job is pretty pathetic. If you go to a movie theater and go to see a R movie and you can't prove your 17 or older are you going to give them the finger?

Let's say they did decide to give you the game. You go home and your mother sees you playing it. She also sees demonic symbols and monsters creeping everywhere. Your mom might decide to bring the game back and get the clerk who sold it to you in trouble for not obeying the rules.
Agreed.

But, I think ESRB and all of that is bullshit. Seriously. Kids hear and see worse shit on TV, the news, public schools, on the street, etc.. If those dumbasses think a 15 year old can't handle Doom 3, well, that's pretty stupid. Most kids lose their virginity at 15, but they can't play a videogame. Makes lots of sense, doesn't it..

t.A.T.u97

Reaction score
Website
www.tatu.us
Screaming for more t.A.T.u dvd has the "Parental Content" sticker on it because in the 30 Minutes together, Julia has a bomb. It shows half a booby and her grabbing down a guys pants but the things that put the sticker on it was the bomb.