Improving War3 Forums

Aragorn7

Member!
Reaction score
Several people have beckoned for this. This is a topic for brainstorming and arguing about possible changes we could make to this forum for the better. Please do not spam or argue too much, or I will be forced to make this topic more managable.

IDEAS START HERE!

Ideas already brought up:

-A News Sticky that keeps us up to date on who wins tournaments and such.
-A strategy sticky for up to date strategies for the patch

New ideas are welcome, just post here. ;)

None293823

Premium Member
Reaction score
-In association with the tournaments,post a sticky that can be kept for 5 days or a week so that everybody can have time to see it.Usually such threads are non-stickies and depend on whether it will be replied every day or not.Of course not tournaments every day or week but like once per month or 2.

-Now that IceDevil abandoned the awards and I told him to come and update them (no reply),I offer you to make monthly or if it is too often awards per every 2 months with minor awards received for winner including members,mods and higher.
In addition I also think special awards only for members to avoid nominated mods to be chosen(just because they are mods).

-Improve the Warcraft newbie guilde-more terms should be added,there are much more

None293823

Premium Member
Reaction score
-Also always add replays to a tournament sticky
-Made sticky some imortant war3 news like new patch,World tournaments,latest news about some famous players,something like News section.I will think of more:)

Torubu

Member!
Reaction score
Website
Visit site
Replays of top players, growing in a database of replays would help get more traffic to the WC3 forums.

Getting rid of the hacking section gains respect from the right people, and possible affiliation with some of the bigger WC-based sites.

Articles that make sense, are typed properly, understandable, and including strategies that WORK.

x42bn6

Retired Staff
Reaction score
A clan that actually works.....

BattleForums Warcraft database, of all hero strats, rushes, BOs, etc etc etc from all the BF members, edited out and tested to the limit.

None293823

Premium Member
Reaction score
Originally posted by x42bn6

BattleForums Warcraft database, of all hero strats, rushes, BOs, etc etc etc from all the BF members, edited out and tested to the limit.

Now you want impossible things x42bn6.It would be good but how can you have all that stats here with the forum.They have to be updated everyday for every single member and that will be impossible.

The sticky for clan xbfx is gone.If this means this is the end of our clan ,announce it.

Aragorn7

Member!
Reaction score
Originally posted by Torubu
Articles that make sense, are typed properly, understandable, and including strategies that WORK.
We do have articles that make sense and are typed properly. Show me one that I have written that isn't written properly.

Anyways, x42bn6, I think you are on to something. We do need some type of global strategy database. Possibly having a pro replay section would also be very interesting.

None293823

Premium Member
Reaction score
To continue...

-You should give information about some changes like when are you going to change skins
-Giving awards to ppl visiting our clan often,I dont care about me,that refers to the others( xBFx must be supported!)

Beer $lut

BattleForums Senior Member
Reaction score
We should actually get people to join the clan...

Have tournys every certain day

Maybe like what i said before we pick a certain race on the forums and the more amount of posts we have we level up thatd be cool kinda like warcraftreplays

Aragorn7

Member!
Reaction score
Originally posted by Beer $lut
Maybe like what i said before we pick a certain race on the forums and the more amount of posts we have we level up thatd be cool kinda like warcraftreplays
I am not sure if the icon thing is possible. We would have to impliment some type of mod to do that, which might cause server issues. =/

x42bn6

Retired Staff
Reaction score
It's been up for ages, so I guess yes.

Oh, DM, that isn't impossible, it would just take ages, and every patch we could adjust it. 'course, that would take some playing time. Plus, we could make deliberate mistakes inside so the n00bs come and ask us why it is not working and maybe they'll stay or something. ;)

None293823

Premium Member
Reaction score
It's been up for ages, so I guess yes.

Oh, DM, that isn't impossible, it would just take ages, and every patch we could adjust it. 'course, that would take some playing time. Plus, we could make deliberate mistakes inside so the n00bs come and ask us why it is not working and maybe they'll stay or something. ;)
Yeah thats right.:)

I offer a stricter solution for ppl who wanted them to be added in the clan and dont visit it.

Anyway is the clan VERY endangered of expiring?Only 3-4 ppl visit the clan.Why dont you really think of that-give something or take out of the inactive

Torubu

Member!
Reaction score
Website
Visit site
I never really bother with the clan because:

1. The channel is always dead, no conversation.
2. Nobody to AT with.. ever.
3. Some of the records aren't pleasing to AT with (I don't like losing on a good account.)

Aragorn7

Member!
Reaction score

3. Some of the records aren't pleasing to AT with (I don't like losing on a good account.)
That pretty much sums it up....

I don't AT with just anyone. You have to 1v1 me first and then I will make the decision.

Zaku

BattleForums Senior Member
Reaction score
Originally posted by Dark Mage
-Now that IceDevil abandoned the awards and I told him to come and update them (no reply)
He is leaving Battle Forums, and has been demodded.
I also never approved of the (weekly?) forum awards.

-Improve the Warcraft newbie guilde-more terms should be added,there are much more
If you want to submit info to the newbie guide, you can PM me your terms or section for it.

-Made sticky some imortant war3 news like new patch,World tournaments,latest news about some famous players,something like News section.I will think of more
This is not official news, but their has been talks of adding a front page to Battle Forums which I can update for that type of news or any Warcraft Tourny news.

Replays of top players, growing in a database of replays would help get more traffic to the WC3 forums.

Getting rid of the hacking section gains respect from the right people, and possible affiliation with some of the bigger WC-based sites.

I wish I can get rid of the hacking section, but it will need to be approved by ChrisUK (BF owner) and all of the warcraft staff. Plus the Admins. I don't think anyother staff at BF should have a word in this. Because they don't play warcraft.

The clan sticky is gone because I need to make a new one. I've just been really busy with school and other things on the Forum. Which Warcraft should come first. But I do like to do other things than Warcraft.

If I can get a hold of the WCIII.Com staff, I would like them to FINISH their freakin website. Then that can be our database for information. But they are lazy as hell over their. I will talk to Swooper about this when I have the time.

Originally posted by DarkMage
To continue...

-You should give information about some changes like when are you going to change skins
-Giving awards to ppl visiting our clan often,I dont care about me,that refers to the others( xBFx must be supported!)
Human and Orc skins are in the making, then a NE one I think. ;)
(Thanks CrookedFoot!)

I don't think the awards idea works out too well.

Originally posted by Beer $lut
We should actually get people to join the clan...

Have tournys every certain day

We need more legit players to come to Battle Forums and post here... Then again, that does not happen because of the hacking section. With a front page, tournys may start to work. But they need to be planned ahead of time, and when people are not in school. (Maybe a big one durning Sprink Break.)

With the level up think, It can happen. Not automatic, but manually done. But it would need to be planned out very well.

Originally posted by noob_phucker
as if the server didnt have enuff issues already
Server issues are fixed. :grunt

Not enough legit players here to join the clan or AT with...

Well, at least hope you all got those questions anwsered. I'll keep this stuff in mind.

~Zaku :wavey

Ntrik_

Premium Member
Reaction score
Well.. i can get us some replays from world war3 tournies and all the Number 1 ranked players' solo.... i could get a lot of good replays ^^

Ntrik_

Premium Member
Reaction score
well zaku, im sure there are alot of legit players around... i am one of them.. and i was ranked 70 in solo in East few months ago, plus i can get more ppl to join the clan if i have to, they play better a lot than me, it will only be matter of convincing them =/

None293823

Premium Member
Reaction score
One of the important rules here is not to doublepost like this.

Posted by Zaku
Thats what i think a good idea we should play AT if possible to contribute to our clan's total stats