Immolition: Revisited

Ntrik_

Premium Member
Reaction score
So I was playing tournament on friday.. 1v1, and well, my DH just lvls up blah blah, same shitz, but I accidentally click on immolition...

well I was bit ticked, seeing as how I hate Immolition compared to MAnaburn and Evasion, but man, that thing does some wonders, just as militias and footies surrounded me, I turned it on, and bam, when my mana runs out, all units are at red health bar, GG'd HU easily.

So whats your thoughts about immo? Im thinking of changing my strat against HU now, and learning immo instead of Evasion, it sounds like good idea to finish off any of units.

Emperor Pan I

Respected Member
Reaction score
immolation ahs always been a good spell, people just like to bitch about it not being an instant win spell

Ntrik_

Premium Member
Reaction score
no, people like me just praise MAnaburn over it thats all :p

Emperor Pan I

Respected Member
Reaction score
manaburn is by far a better spell, and one problem is the DH cannot cater to both spells. he runs our of mana to quickly. also it becomes uselss in late game

TheoStormhawk

BattleForums Addict
Reaction score
NtRik_ said:
So I was playing tournament on friday.. 1v1, and well, my DH just lvls up blah blah, same shitz, but I accidentally click on immolition...

well I was bit ticked, seeing as how I hate Immolition compared to MAnaburn and Evasion, but man, that thing does some wonders, just as militias and footies surrounded me, I turned it on, and bam, when my mana runs out, all units are at red health bar, GG'd HU easily.

So whats your thoughts about immo? Im thinking of changing my strat against HU now, and learning immo instead of Evasion, it sounds like good idea to finish off any of units.

Imo is a good spell because it does alot of area damage, but mana burn is super tactics, think about it u take your opponent's mana (and make some damage to) and u practically reduce his capabilities to fighting only(no spells) at wich the DH is extremely effective with 5 starting armor, good attack damage and fast attack speed.

OMGLOLWTFPWN

Member!
Reaction score
Website
Visit site
It makes problems if you try to use it with mana burn unless you have extra mana potions. Usually people pick manaburn instead to take down heroes.

Ntrik_

Premium Member
Reaction score
TreeFrog123 said:
It makes problems if you try to use it with mana burn unless you have extra mana potions. Usually people pick manaburn instead to take down heroes.
yea, but if you mana burn them enough when you first come out and when you're harassing them, they probly wont have much mana by the time you're lvl 2 (which was the case for me) and you can just start using immo because you'll have decent amount of mana recharged.

Yea, immo didnt last very long, but hey, it works wonders when you're surrounded by militias/ghouls/footies/grunts :)

Tho, I would use immo instead of Mana burn if they adjusted their manacost or speed of mana drain.. its damn too much to turn on and off and on and off.. etc

Emperor Pan I

Respected Member
Reaction score
but once u get into late game, immo becomes next to useless. then you want that evasion and mana burn combo.

ChrisH36

Guy with Most Posts on Quiet Board.
Reaction score
Immolation is good for causing that extra damage when you need it most. Plus with hunts you can do some damage to the burned units. Just at level 3 it does like 20 damage. If you are still fighting tier1 and some tier2 units, its a good thing to have. However, I rather use Mana Burn and Evasion to keep heroes from being useful.

I miss the 300 mana burn days :usad!

Ntrik_

Premium Member
Reaction score
no its not...

300 was imba I agree, those were the days of DH ^^

man, I wish Immo had bit bigger radius tho, then I would use that over Manaburn for sure

Zerglite

BattleForums Senior Member
Reaction score
i always prefered immo over manaburn.. but thats just me.... i loved to see my DH gettin up close and personal, then kickin some ass

ChrisH36

Reaction score
I would prefer if Immo went up in 10 damage increments. Like 10/20/30 would sound more sufficient. Except then it would kill workers in 8 seconds and we cannot have that :(.

Ntrik_

Premium Member
Reaction score
Hellwolf_36 said:
I would prefer if Immo went up in 10 damage increments. Like 10/20/30 would sound more sufficient. Except then it would kill workers in 8 seconds and we cannot have that :(.
It would be awesome if it has 100 or 150 radius, or higher :D

Draygonia

BattleForums Junior Member
Reaction score
Immolation and evasion is a good combo, they miss 1/3 of the time and they slowly die to your immo. Try it with periaples and meta, you can take on an army of melee!

Emperor Pan I

Respected Member
Reaction score
but evasion is still chance. 1 out of every 3 is not automaticly going to be a miss, it is completely randomized. there could be two misses in a row or 5 hits in a row, evasion is still all about chance.

Ntrik_

Premium Member
Reaction score
Pan said:
but evasion is still chance. 1 out of every 3 is not automaticly going to be a miss, it is completely randomized. there could be two misses in a row or 5 hits in a row, evasion is still all about chance.
when its at 30%, it will be most likely 1 out of every 3, or more, I havent seen less.

ChrisH36

Reaction score
The only way you can get that in melee is if the targets attacking your demon hunter are cursed. But even then they will have a 63% evasion and the buff can easily be switched or removed.

Theroy

BattleForums Senior Member
Reaction score
Website
www.securegamers.com
It's only good on human.. I think I told you this before but you didn't listen.. And actually tried to argue it against me..