If you can't go to church...

Zaku

BattleForums Senior Member
Reaction score
Anyone figure out on what to delete not to be banned? I tried a proxy, but it did not work.

pyro_junky

Reaction score
Website
Visit site
what is this suposed to be some kind of game?

ok i started downloading the shock wave thign and still nothign has happened... this is really really slow...

never mind its working now that i tried to dl it with netscape instead of internet exsplorer.

drax

Member!
Reaction score
I actually tried being serious the next time I went on and I got smited for no reason!

Zeroth

Member!
Reaction score
lol, this sounds funny... and too good to be true... OK, I'M GOING THERE! (Mr. Hishado is what my name will be, or something like that...)

Hitsua

+
Reaction score
Infact, I in a way do.

How to ban evade Church of Fools
Posted by [myg0t]OldManPeterson on 06/10/2004

Madrox has discovered a way to avoid being banned in the online church (http://www.churchoffools.com). [myg0t]Techno wrote the process for doing this which can also be found on the myg0t forums. The following instructions are for WindowsXP users, other versions of Windows will find the file in a different directory.

When you're banned from the Church of Fools, do the following to keep coming back:

1. *Open this directory: C:/Documents and Settings/username/Application Data/Macromedia/Shockwave Player/Prefs

2. **Find and open this file: smto.txt

3. Delete whatever content is in smto.txt and save.

4. Right click smto.txt and make sure Read Only is checked, hit OK and go back to raging. Anytime your banned now, just refresh the window and rejoin.

Please Note: It may be possible for them to ban you by IP, which overrides this method. Some users have reported this happening, I personally have not seen it myself, but that is what proxies or dynamic IPs are for.

* Make sure you get the smto.txt in this directory, you may have additional copies of the file on the computer, but the one in this directory is the correct one.

** If this file does not exist, its because you have never been smited(banned), create your own empty file by this name follow the steps listed above.
As found on http://www.myg0t.com

FuLouZero

Reaction score
It is a Church of Fools
anyway Im going on there as hitler.

pyro_junky

Reaction score
Website
Visit site
dude if you read the rules... you would understand they take thsi thign seriusly... yet they call it the church of fools... thats weird... anyway i got smited for using the name "devil" and going areound saying "imthe all mighty devil bow befor me" :)

TrongaMonga

Grumpy Old Grandpa
Reaction score
They call it Church of Fools after a magazine that's called something of Fools.

I tell you, I'm gonna be on Sunday at 9pm UK's time, and ruin the bloody service with that method.

Teddy

Reaction score
C:/Documents and Settings/username/Application Data/Macromedia/Shockwave Player/Prefs is not a directory in win xp ><

CelestialBadger

Retired Staff
Reaction score
...Who was "cookieboi"?

EDIT: If you kneel in front of someone it looks like you're giving them a blow job!

Teddy

Reaction score
I saw celestial Angel lol

CelestialBadger

Retired Staff
Reaction score
That wasn't me. My name is Michael.