Idea's for Diablo 3.

H

Helkarakse

I think that Blizzard should make Diablo 3, If they are even going to make it, A full true 3D game like Dungeon Siege and Neverwinter Nights. They should spend the time to also design the armor and weapons to not all look the same such as how Russet Armor looks like Balrog Skin. That is probably my only gripe about the items in Diablo 2. I read someplace a few idea I agree with, Such as a new NPC called a Runemaker. It would be a simple thing to have. You give him/her a rune which you wish to be copied and he/she makes three just like it for a price. The higher the rune the more costly it will be. I also agree with the person who came up with the idea of a Runemaker that runes should be just a bit easier to find in Diablo 3 than they were in Diablo 2. As far as character classes go I think they should be along the lines of D&D based characters. Paladin's, Rogues, Warriors, Barbarians, Bards, etc. Each character class should be able to learn skills based around there class and there should be dual class abilities. For example, You could have a Barbarians Shaman. He can weild a weapon but also heal himself and other characters. But his only draw back would be his weapons would only be of a staff class weapon. Also weapons are an idea that could be neat to work out. Blizzard could go on and have some of the same weapons from Diablo and Diablo 2 again like Windforce and The Grandfather, But wouldnt it be just a whole lot more fun to have all new weapons? No more of the same uniques that we all got use to having in the first two games. Plus there are so many different weapon types that can be placed into Diablo 3 that we only saw in Diablo and some we have never seen. Such as a Katana (Diablo) or a Chinese Boardsword (Would have to have a different name). Back to the idea of the character classes, I don't think that all of the character classes should be good either, I think they need to have an alinment. I think Diablo 3 would be so much more cooler if there were evil character classes. Would make the game much more interesting. The look of the armor and weapons should also be based around the characters alinment. Good characters have holy looking armor and evil characters have more demonic looking armor. Anyway enough of my current musing. If I think of anything new that I feel Blizzard could do for Diablo 3 I will post anew. Farewell.

Plumpamania

Member!
Reaction score
Website
Visit site
Originally posted by Helkarakse
I read someplace a few idea I agree with, Such as a new NPC called a Runemaker. It would be a simple thing to have. You give him/her a rune which you wish to be copied and he/she makes three just like it for a price. The higher the rune the more costly it will be. I also agree with the person who came up with the idea of a Runemaker that runes should be just a bit easier to find in Diablo 3 than they were in Diablo 2. As far as character classes go I think they should be along the lines of D&D based characters. Paladin's, Rogues, Warriors, Barbarians, Bards, etc. Each character class should be able to learn skills based around there class and there should be dual class abilities. For example, You could have a Barbarians Shaman. He can weild a weapon but also heal himself and other characters. But his only draw back would be his weapons would only be of a staff class weapon. Also weapons are an idea that could be neat to work out. Blizzard could go on and have some of the same weapons from Diablo and Diablo 2 again like Windforce and The Grandfather, But wouldnt it be just a whole lot more fun to have all new weapons? .....Such as a Katana (Diablo) or a Chinese Boardsword (Would have to have a different name). Back to the idea of the character classes, I don't think that all of the character classes should be good either, I think they need to have an alinment. I think Diablo 3 would be so much more cooler if there were evil character classes. Would make the game much more interesting. The look of the armor and weapons should also be based around the characters alinment. Good characters have holy looking armor and evil characters have more demonic looking armor.

Going on what you said I would have to disagree and I'll tell you where and why for sake of a discussion.

Runemaker is a bad idea. Look at how many runes are already out there and how many necros have Enigma and tele up to you and bone prison you. Now if you aren't a sorc/barb or have tele on a piece of equipment or enigma yourself you are totally doomed. B/c with syngergies BP has too much life and BS has to much dmg. And Gold to pay with is just retarted for the fact gold is so easy to be obtained.

Number 2, D&D based characters can go out the window. Keep the chars you have now and maybe add some abilities like a lvl 45 one or something of that nature. But please don't bring D&D or EQ or Neverwinter characters into Diablo 2. Diablo has a set story line and with D2 and D2 LoD they really went into detail about this and gave the world a pure history. So other mage's and bard's really aren't a thing that could happen without a good explanation why they weren't out to kill Diablo for the 2nd time.

Three, I agree with the working with equipment, but for a Barb to be a Shaman he can already do with his warcries. And with the history given between the Barbs and Druids it would be hard to explain how the Barbarian gets his "shaman" skills when they believe in body strength.

Four, GF will always be in a Diablo game. And they will have new weapons and sets but GF and weapons of that nature will be there same with Tyreals sword ect.

Five, Katana's are cool, but would be hard if the game didn't travel to a totally new landmass for in Diablo 2, you went from West to East and then finally to the North, and the Amazons are from the South so. . .where would the new weapons come from?

And lastly, Evil VS Good character classes you already have. Necromancers are feared people and aren't nicely looked upon. Same with Sorcs. Sorcs considered by some are evil witches!

If you want good vs evil character classes pick up ShadowBane. Angels VS Demons in a MMORPG.