I really think D3 will be released!

travicles

Member!
Reaction score
This was on diablofans.com (formerly diablo3.com which is now owned by blizzard):

Another fan-fueled Diablo Rumor Mill has propelled out in full swing after PC Gamer's July 2008 Edition wrapped up with the following text:

"NEXT MONTH
Have you ever had a secret that you're just dying to blurt out, but you can't for another month, and the stress of holding it in makes you want to do the pee-pee dance? That's what the PC Gamer staff is doing right now, because the August issue will be chock-full of exclusives, including a top-secret cover story so huge we had to go to [CENSORED] to get it. Just 30 days more ..."

Here are a few thoughts to ponder on this brainstorming puzzle PC Gamer unleashed:

- PC Gamer was probably among the Gaming press Magazines who visited Blizzard Entertainment early on May, a few weeks ago.

- If you remember, PC Gamer knew about the Starcraft II announcement last May 2007. Blizzard Entertainment made the announcement at the Blizzard Worldwide Invitationals (WWI) at Seoul, South Korea.

- PC Gamer can't talk about it for the next 30 days ... the 2008 Blizzard Worldwide Invitationals at Paris, France takes place on June 28-29.

- June 29 is the date Diablo II shipped on USA (2000) and the same date the expansion Lord of Destruction shipped on Europe a year later (2001).

- Notice how PC Gamer replaces a swearing with [CENSORED]? Could this be a clue as to what the game they refer to? Because CENSORED really sounds like HELL ... as in ... Diablo?

adrenochrome

Reaction score
"As a former magazine editor, I'd say Diablo 3 makes sense. That's my guess. Blizzard has the big Paris event coming up with a big game announcement. We've already been assuming over here that PC Gamer would have the cover for this---because, well, who else would at this point? So I was waiting to see a "Coming Next Month" from them written exactly like this. Gotta be D3." -- Source: Neogaf Forums

torrid mind

Diablo Forum ******
Reaction score
I have been hoping for D3 for years. I'm not going to get my hopes up too high, but this would be sweet.

L

Laharl

Won't happen. Vivindi games won't let it. Would not be as profitable as yet another wow expansion.

Besides, it would probably suck in comparison to D2.

torrid mind

Diablo Forum ******
Reaction score
yeah but wasn't there some talk of making d3 like WoW?
I dunno, WoW sucks, but if it were Diablo..... I think it would suck much less.

Dragnskull

Retired Staff
Reaction score
-making d3 like wow is nothing but rumor by fans, nothing even near official (not even a "might happen" by anyone w/ any authority)

-its diablofans, not diablo forums.

-they wont make it because its not as big a money maker? thats a poor reason not to make d3, why woudl they have bothered w/ sc2 then?

-blizzard has admited that the blizzcon will have 3 booths this year, unlike 2 last year. last year was wow + sc, now its wow + sc + ???, and theres only 1 other franchise to speculate about atm.

-there IS another game (known) in production by blizzard, theres Diablo3 (too much to ignore, such as job openings, WWI being on d2's release date, etc etc) along with an unkown game that has no information besides its an entire new franchise. However, the hints point towards Diablo3, not the uknown

I've been keeping my eyes out for the past 2 years about any and all hints related to a diablo announcement, and june 29th is steadily coming closer and closer, and more and more things keep hinting to it being a diablo game.

concrete_sox

Premium Respected Member
Reaction score
Won't happen. Vivindi games won't let it. Would not be as profitable as yet another wow expansion.

all u do is troll diablo forums jesus they said they r developing something else that isnt another wow expansion just go away

torrid mind

Diablo Forum ******
Reaction score
I don't think SC2 would make anyone want to do the peepee dance.
and besides, with all the rumors going around for the past 5 years, I think they would be pretty damn excited to finally give the real "inside scoop"

L

Laharl

And I doubt the sequel to a really bad game would do so either, Torrid.

torrid mind

Diablo Forum ******
Reaction score
yeah... starcraft, just what I was saying.

Sogeking

Shithead
Reaction score
diablo has such potential to be an mmo...the heaven and hell war is grounds right off the bat to be an mmo. i pray that it remains true to the diablo series though...maybe reinvent the action rpg genre(again?). I've also been having premonitions as of late. I keep thinking of diablo(the original rather than the sequel...i liked the original more for some reason) and the last time my mind obsessed over something it happened, albeit a few months later...

TroiK-

Premium Member
Reaction score
Website
Visit site

QFT

You cant make another Diablo without it being 2/3D finger click game.

torrid mind

Diablo Forum ******
Reaction score
:lalala:

You guys are such buzz-kills.

AZN_FLEA

BattleForums Senior Member
Reaction score
its no use specualting so just wait it out. blizzards too stuck up in the warcraft universe those ****.

munchyman

Eat your vegetables!
Reaction score
Website
Visit site
disagree. I think Diablo III is highly likely, and will be immensely profitable. Imagine the potential cashflow for Blizzard!

Wrath of the Lich King and Starcraft 2 just in this year? Diablo III within the next? They're taking those cash cows and trading them in for gold bullion!

Darkmatter

Battle God
Reaction score
Website
www.battleforums.com
Any comments about V Games not allowing Blizzard is pretty moot at this point. ''blizzard will only make mmo type of games'' I remember them saying that. Bam. StarCraft II. Good ****ing game.

Blizzard makes at least 100 million a month from WoW subscriptions alone. They likely have billions sitting around, because WoW's popularity isn't waning. The new expansion will only further that income. So it's not really an issue with profits, as they know exactly how profitable the Diablo Franchise is, with LoD being one of the best RPG's for the PC and one of the best selling ones at that. They have nothing to lose by making Diablo III.