I need help with getting custom spray

B

bLiNk1.8.2

i've read so much crap on doing this..can i just pick any old pic i want..use the tool thing i d/l'd and change it to a wad file? and where do i put it so i can have it as my spray?

an in depth description on all of it would be sooo greatly appreciated!!!! thanks

btw i have condition zero and i got cs through that if that makes any difference

raDixGhost

Member!
Reaction score
Website
www.gamers2k4.com
Custom Spray For Counter-Strike 1.6(Steam)

Wally

or

Wally DIRECTLY (this link isnt working right now, it would be great if someone let me host this file in their site.)
You need that to make a spray.(i have checked the second one for viruses and such and it is clean. Although i would like everyone to scan anything before using it.)

For Paint Shop (Scroll Down if you are using other programs)
Go get your high quality high resolution picture or photo or artwork that you want to turn into a custom color spray paint logo for a Half-life mod.

Start up Paint Shop Pro. On Paint Shop Pro's menu, click "FILE" then "OPEN". An "OPEN" menu should pop up. Now, browse to select your picture file, click to select it (it can be a ".JPG", ".GIF", ".BMP", etc, etc file at this point), then click "OPEN" to open your picture with Paint Shop Pro.

Reduce the picture to a valid "width times height" size for a spray logo.

Click "IMAGE", then "RESIZE". A "RESIZE" menu should pop up. Make sure that menu's "Maintain aspect ratio" box is "CHECKED", change the "WIDTH" or the HEIGHT" setting, which ever is the SMALLER, to 64 pixels. You are trying to get your picture to the target size of 128x64 or 64x128 pixels, in steps without distorting it. After the reduction, if the LONGER side is still LONGER then 128 pixels, you will have to click on "Edit" and "Undo" the initial reducing, then instead of setting the shorter side to 64 pixels, you would have to set the longer side to 128 pixels on the "RESIZE" menu.

If your orginal picture is "square" instead of rectangular, you may want to consider setting its largest side to 96 pixels when reducing it, trying to shoot for the target square size of 96x96 pixels to show the parts of the picture that you wanted. Some in-game spray distortion might occur though, if you use dimensions other than 64x128 or 128x64.See Valid Size Chart at the bottom of page 3. 64x128 or 128x64 pixels is the recommend "best" size of available valid sizes.

You might want to try different sampling "Resize type" settings, to see which distorts the picture the least, during the reduction process.

Increase the "canvas" size of your picture to a valid size, preferably making it 64x128 or 128x64 pixels in size, if its not already.

Click on "IMAGE", then "Canvas Size". A "Change Canvas Size" Menu should pop up. You have to set your '"NEW width" and your "NEW Height" settings. Here is where you ADD pixels to one side of the picture in order to get it to the 64x128 or 128x64 size. You will have to ADD pixels in one of these boxes "Top", "Bottom", "Left", "Right" as needed to adjust which side of your picture gets the new pixels added to it.

If you are using OTHER valid sizes besides the 64x128 or 128x64, you will have to adjust the pictures dimensions to Valid Sizes in this step.

Convert the picture to a 8 bit color file.

Click on "Colors", then click "Decrease Color Depth", then click "256 colors (8bit)...", a "Decrease Color depth 256" menu should pop up, click "OK". If that selection is "grayed out" that means you already have a 8 bit file. When set the picture to "8bit color", it might cause your picture to lose some quality.

NOTE:
If you are using Photo Shop you will have to set the "MODE" to "indexed color" at the start of this step too.

Edit the last color in its palette to be "pure blue".

Click on "Colors", then click "Edit Palette". A "Edit palette" menu should pop up. Go to the BOTTOM RIGHT-HAND corner of that table and DOUBLE left click on the last color of the last row. A "Color" menu should pop up. Set "Red" to "0" (number zero), set "Green" to "0", and set "Blue" to "255". Click "OK", then click "OK".

OK you have (2) choices at this stage. Either make the extra space "transparent" by coloring it "pure blue", or color it in with the picture's main background background color. If you color the added pixels with "pure blue", then when you spray the logo in the game the "pure blue" will not be visible. OR, instead of using "pure blue", you could just fill in the "added pixels" using the existing background color of the picture.

To color in the "added pixels" with "pure blue", on the upper right-hand side of the screen, left click on the color selection box (the one that shows the selected color, the left one not the the one on the right touching it). The "Select Color From palette" menu should pop up. Left click on the last color in the palette (pure blue) to select it. Now use the "Flood Fill" tool (the paint bucket tool) to fill in the added pixels with "pure blue".

You might want to add text to your picture.

To add a caption to your picture, in Paint Shop pro's upper right-hand corner, select a color from the color chart, by clicking on the color that you want to use for the text. Now, click on the "Text" tool (its the "A" in the tool bar). Now, left click on your picture at the exact point you want the text to start and be inserted on to your picture. The "Text Entry" box should pop up. On the right side of the "Name" box there is a "arrow", click it to get a dropdown menu, scroll down and select a font type. I like using the font "Name" (type) "Arial", because it fits well on small pictures used to make logos. You can set the font's "Size" here too (font sizes 6-36 seem to work on logos). In the "enter Text Here" box, type in the message you want to show up on your picture. To move the text, click on the "mover" tool (it looks like a cross symbol) then use it to move the text around. When you are happy were the text it at, click the "select" tool (looks like a rectangle with dashed) and click once on the picture to set the text.

Now save your finished picture as a ".BMP" file (indexed, 8bit,128x64 pixel ".bmp" file with the last color in its palette set to pure blue.)

Click on "File", click on "Save copy As". The "Save copy As" menu should pop up. In the "File name" box, type in a name for YOUR first properly prepared CUSTOM ".bmp" file. On the right side of the "Save as type" box , click the "arrow", then scroll down to select "Windows or OS/2 bitmap (*.bmp)" . Then click "SAVE".

You can -NOT- have any spaces in your new ".BMP" files name, or it will -NOT- work with WALLY. )

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Others
If you are -NOT- using Paint Shop please find a picture and resize it yourself.
some sizes are
64 x 64
80 x 80
80 x 112
96 x 80
96 x 96
96 x 112
112 x 48
112 x 64
112 x 80
112 x 96
128 x 64
128 x 80
144 x 64
144 x 80
160 x 64
176 x 48
176 x 64
200 x 48
48 x 128
48 x 176
48 x 192
64 x 128
64 x 144
64 x 160
64 x 176
64 x 192
80 x 112
80 x 128
80 x 144
96 x 64
96 x 112
112 x 80
112 x 96
128 x 64
144 x 80
160 x 64
176 x 64
192 x 64
(these sizes are all in pixels)
Also remember that you're ".BMP" file must be lower than or equal to 15 Kb.
Now its time to turn your finished ". BMP" into a ".WAD" file named "pldecal.wad" with the WALLY "HL Decal Wizard" .

Wally will -NOT- work if you have any SPACES in the name of your .bmp file. Wally will -NOT- work if you have the .bmp file stored in a folder that has spaces in its name. Wally will -NOT- work if you have Wally.exe installed in a folder that has spaces in its name.

So if you installed Wally into C:\Wally\ folder, simply go make another sub-folder in that folder called "colorlogos" (don't use any spaces in its name). Then move your CUSTOM ".BMP" file into that C:\Wally\colorlogo\ folder.

Now start up Wally. Click on "Wizard", then click on "HL Color Decal". The "HL Color Decal Wizard" should pop up. Click to select "File on hard drive", then click the "..." button. Then the "select the file you wish to import as a decal" menu should pop up. Use that menu to select YOUR finished CUSTOM ".bmp" file. After you find your ".bmp" file, click on it so its name shows up in the "Select File" box. Then click "Open". Then click "file", and then click "Save as". The "Save as" menu should pop up. Set the "File name" to "pldecal.wad", then click "Save" (note where it saved your BRAND NEW CUSTOM spray logo to.

Now rename the "pldecal.wad" to "tempdecal.wad".
Now go to C:>Program Files>Steam>SteamApps>Counter-Strike>CStrike and paste "tempdecal.wad". Delete the file called "custom.hpk".

Making the file "Read Only" sometimes stops it from getting deleted. The file gets deleted everytime you use the Options in Counterstrike.

B

bLiNk1.8.2

ok why the **** is there still a gay skull and crossbones and not my spray that i want !!!?!?!?!1

raDixGhost

Member!
Reaction score
Website
www.gamers2k4.com
sorry i couldnt tell you now.

Leave me a picture of it, and ill try to get it done as soon as possible.

but iam leaving for New York tommorow, but ill try my best.

do you have aim?