Human vs Orc

Odinian

Member!
Reaction score
Website
rmarcus.info
I've been playing Human for a while now (against Orc). It took me a long time to figure out I should get a few footman and then go for Gryphons. (Yes, I misspelled it. Sorry.)

After I starting to mass grphons, everything started to become easier. The Blademaster can't attack air, so that went well, and it seems the computer is too dumb to send anything but Grunts and those dog-rider things...

I ran into one thing I thought was questionable. I went with an Arch-Mage, mainly for the WE. Any particular reason I should anything besides the Arch-Mage (there nice for Blizzard too.) when I mass air?

P.S.
I'm an old-time SC player. Excuse me if I use some terminology thats not correct.

[edit]
Replay: http://aero-net1.com/LastReply.w3g.zip

Was not sure to put this here or in strategy.. correct me if I am wrong.

brightlight

Member!
Reaction score
Well there's 3 main reasons for people get archmage that has power of other heros.
no.1 of course meatshield
no.2 blizzard owns grunts, + slow
no.3 brillinace aura for casters.

If you plan to go only gryphons, which i wont recommend i suggest inner fire + heal + dispell would helps them. btw if that is the case those two are the only reasons. I would actually go mk first then archmage as 2nd hero.

Neolch

Member!
Reaction score
Massing air is a great thing to do. If you have enough money, then get a palidan, massed air, and some simple footmen. Let your palidan sit back and let his auras do their work, his ultimate will come in handy when your men are in trouble. The best mix is Palidan, Arch, Air, and Knights. But hey, I normally just be orc with massed Shaman and Wyvs with a Far Seer.

ChrisH36

Guy with Most Posts on Quiet Board.
Reaction score
Yeah but take into consideration if you are being harassed like nuts and your enemy is mostly anti air. That is a problem but with Orcs its easy to take advantage of. A strategy used by Quiksilver and even MS suggests that when you get Gryphons then start bombing thier burrows, this will cut off thier food supply extremely.

HispanicPaulo

Member!
Reaction score
also, when facing a deadly blade master, buy an inviability scrool so that he wont be causing u problems, and remember, massing air is usally not such a good idea with a hero like the archmage cause, htough, ur air might raiped their melee, their lmelee will have to choice but to tack ur hero and ides instantly, ruining all the experience!!!! AT leat get sum nights of u cnt rreally get cators. But if u really want, paladin is probaly the best hero wit some kingts or pure air, cause, he can portect himself with the shiled thingy, s u wont need to purchase some items to protect him, lol! try it out!!

HispanicPaulo

Member!
Reaction score
yo bartek lest start a msn in here

dis ppace isnall warcraft tlk and its annoying lmao buts its fun to watch funky relplays

fcuk u polish nazi

8========================D ~ ~ ~~

8========================D ~ ~ ~~

SKEETSKEET SKETTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTT

IM GUNNA SKEET SKEET SKEET LIKE A WATER HOSE

ChrisH36

Guy with Most Posts on Quiet Board.
Reaction score
Hispanic, no flaming or I will warn you, also you must speak in english so most of us can understand YOU!!!

I notice after playing night elf a few times that the orc race sucks against magic attacks. So really utilize your spells and magic damage wisely. Especially gryphons > tauren and Walkers. But if you fight tauren/walkers in RT or maybe solo (if your enemy is some kind of noob), target your gryphons on hte walkers if you can first. If you manage to kill them off before they have the time to revive each other, you can prevent them from using 250 mana to restore a Tauren completely.

Slow can be stopped with Spirit Walkers or Shaman (shaman mostly to stop poly), but you need to stop your enemy from getting SW so that your mana isn't wasted by one 75 mana counter.