HU~ Playing Undead

Beer $lut

BattleForums Senior Member
Reaction score
PLaying Undead

I always loose against undead now a days. What are your tips on defeating them?

None293823

Premium Member
Reaction score
I'll have the new strategy guide right now. I hope it gives you the answer.

Beer $lut

BattleForums Senior Member
Reaction score
I finally just beat an undead. They always do the ghouls/beetles strat, its annoying, but i finally beat it.

None293823

Premium Member
Reaction score
using what? Rifles and casters but ypu'd better own him before he gest aboms

Samsara

Member!
Reaction score
Website
www.WarcraftForums.com
a tweak i would do to your strat DM is to have 4-5 footies (usually made off the bat) to serve as a shield for your rifles until you can get priests because ghouls in tier 1>rifles in tier 1

you may want to consider MK as first hero as AM later on is VERY vulnerable to hero nuking. and remember you can use a pally as UD uses a DK against them.

None293823

Premium Member
Reaction score
Yes i know that Samsara. In the beginning the footies you make are shield but later they become free experience- nova and ghouls can rape them. If you do clap and put elementals you can do it without footies. Why not footies later? Have a good meat shield with knights not footmen when he gets tier 2 or 3.

Above_70Percent

Member!
Reaction score
Website
ourworld.cs.com
I'm usually direct tech to casters + gyros + mortars. So what I do is go archmage, get one tower in base, and while im harassing the tower can handle the hero if they rass me.

Samsara

Member!
Reaction score
Website
www.WarcraftForums.com
Originally posted by Dark Mage
Yes i know that Samsara. In the beginning the footies you make are shield but later they become free experience- nova and ghouls can rape them. If you do clap and put elementals you can do it without footies. Why not footies later? Have a good meat shield with knights not footmen when he gets tier 2 or 3.
Please for the love of all that is holy DONT use an AM against UD its like giving them free XP. 2 things you have to know about UD, they love nuking alot and destroyers even more. once they see 3 WE out they shit themselves in glee so they can devour them to orb your skinny AM.

Go MK first and Pally second. you have a nice nuke there to kill a DK

None293823

Premium Member
Reaction score
No, AM as first is fine but you must focus with rifles on destroyers ,with WEs and MK and casters kill the ghouls.Without brilliance even vs UD it s not ok

Emperor Pan I

Respected Member
Reaction score
AM is horrible first against humans. u build AM u are giving away the game to them.

First off, the Archmage is a intel hero and is weak. coil+ nova+ impale means u have a dead AM. WE are still imbalanced, and help at tier 1 and 2 but tier 3 rolls around and WE end up feeding the Orb of annihalation. u can try and focus on destroyers with rifles, but coil and micro will make destroyers impossible to kill. Then ghouls catch up to ur rifles and a little more nova+ impale and ur rifles are gone, poof.

Against undead, it's MK first, pally second. Holy light + stormbolt surround. Pally is unkillable with divine shield, and with holy light being only 65 mana and 6 second cooldown, u can spam is much more than a dk can spam coil. plus theunder clap = gg ghouls and fiends.

None293823

Premium Member
Reaction score
AM is ok for first. He has brilliance good for casters, even if it means the few casters you use. His elemntals are the best meat shield when you have a MK in front you have a good protection on rifles.

But UD is gay. Yesterday I made 2 games vs UD, the first of which he teched to aboms and destroyers, I made gryphons to rifles and 3 heroes. I owned destroyers and almost owned aboms killing his DK but then he returned with mass destroyers and the griffs didnt work fine for the rest like the heroes and aboms.
Similar in the second

Emperor Pan I

Respected Member
Reaction score
gryphons to rifles, as in u had gryphons first?

As a human ,player if u beat his first attack, and he has destroyers u should prolly have scouted and learned he was going to mass them, and build tanks. because simply put tanks and rifles take out destroyers like they were paper. then gryphons focus on abombs. In the end, micro wins you the day

None293823

Premium Member
Reaction score
No, mass rifles can own destroyers. I dont know why you think that only tanks can stop mass destroyers. Tanks are for mass gargs this can be owned by rifles. There's no need to scout, this is the strat yo make win battles vs ghouls and destoyers but in late game you must make griffs to own aboms. If I focus on abom he can be healed with coil. Storm bolt on DK and griffs focused on DK is fine.

Emperor Pan I

Respected Member
Reaction score
I didn't say mass tanks, I said tanks and destroyers. Because simply put, mass rifles will get destroyed by nova/impale and abombs with ghouls. simply when the ghouls/abombs catch up and surround then attack with the destroyers pouding them with orb of annihalation, ur rifles are dead. and a focused destroyer gets moved back then coiled and moved back in. with tanks the damage is distributed to every destroyer and the coil isn't focused on one.

None293823

Premium Member
Reaction score
Usually they get destroyers before aboms and they're still with ghousls. This is when you can own them. I agree that once he makes aboms together with destroyers rifles can be owned. It depends on how stable meat shield you need and how many aboms he has.

Emperor Pan I

Respected Member
Reaction score
Originally posted by Dark Mage
Usually they get destroyers before aboms and they're still with ghousls. This is when you can own them. I agree that once he makes aboms together with destroyers rifles can be owned. It depends on how stable meat shield you need and how many aboms he has.
IT also depends on the palyer, the items and generaly circumstances. BEcasue effectively a single item like a book of the dead could change everyhting. Abombs are huge meatshields with a large size which means nothings getting past it well nothing that wants to live. which make destroyers effective to run back.

The thing is, abombs are designed to come out faster than destroyers, and cost less, its jsut many undead players feel the need to get destroyers before they get their meat. and there is also the good old ghoul frenzy that comes at tier 3.

AJ007

Member!
Reaction score
Website
Visit site
back to the subject of how to kill UD as human...rush and kill our acys while our ghouls are defendin. i hate it when u human players do that, course that leaves u vunerable to a hero nuke but if u kno what your doin you can avoid that...any way after that just tech up, keep harrassin and were finished.

Reaction score
no im sorry its much more complicating then that. if you have an ice tower, then hu rushes should mean nothing to you. you cant hero nuke in the beginning because that requires a 2nd/3rd hero. and skellies/fiends should own footies and heroes should own rifles.

Emperor Pan I

Respected Member
Reaction score
I do not understand how ppl bitch about a nerub tower that does less damage than an acolyte. it freezes one units!? omg the rest of ur army is moving at normal speed, that one unit being frozen isnt going to cost u the battle. and humans have better tier 1 than ud. if he has fiends just laugh and get defend. if he has ghouls get rifles.