HU~ Griffens

Beer $lut

BattleForums Senior Member
Reaction score
Gryphons

Whats your thoughts on them? I just beat a game with em, there so much fun for harrasing. There good for against orc, kill their burrows and there ****ed.

Ntrik_

Premium Member
Reaction score
They arent great if they arent upg (animal training, their double hit thing)

But yea, they are great in killing off those meat shields (which mostly are heavy armored) and towers :)

None293823

Premium Member
Reaction score
I would use them against aboms, knights and taurens but the good anti-air sucks, especially bats and gargs.

Anyway - useful high lvl hero killers

Beer $lut

Reaction score
Originally posted by Dark Mage
I would use them against aboms, knights and taurens but the good anti-air sucks, especially bats and gargs.

Anyway - useful high lvl hero killers
Yes there useless against bats.

Samsara

Member!
Reaction score
Website
www.WarcraftForums.com
Originally posted by Beer $lut
Yes there useless against bats.
thats why you throw in some D-hawks (shackle them before they get to you) and then again it takes 2 bats to kill one griffon (whos losing more money?)

anyways my strat was SB/Griffs/hawks for the longest time because they are soo abusable.

None293823

Premium Member
Reaction score
No, with unstable concosionm it wont work, i've tried it. Best are rifles although you dont get them vs orc. I think it's possible to make about 10 gyros it may work if orc surprises you with bats.

Emperor Pan I

Respected Member
Reaction score
its a matter of who ha faster fingers and a number game. Dhawks in larger numbers and good fingers should shackle all the bats if u watn to be successful

None293823

Premium Member
Reaction score
Impossible without losing some them. You must click the spell to every bat.Also you must have more hawks that bats. By the time you click 1st 2nd 3rd 2 or 3 may have already killed 3 of your hawks.

Samsara

Member!
Reaction score
Website
www.WarcraftForums.com
sounds like we need an itchy trigger (hotkey) finger cuz its en-route, your griffs are pounding the bats and when they "speed up" when using unstable concoction you usually are able to shackle them before that and its perfectly fine to sacrifice 3 bat hits because chances are that you will be able to live through it if you have animal wartraining.

Beer $lut

Reaction score
I beat an Undead with them today. This guy was level 15, and im level 10. I started off with an archmage and some footies, i went down to his base and he killed off to of mine footies, so i backed off, and i started teching and getting rifles, and casters. And i said to my self aw what the hell, and i built a gryphon avery. I built like one griffen, and i went around creeping. I saw that all he was getting was leveled heroes and ghouls, so i build another Gryphon Avery, and started getting alot of gryphons and he came to my base and then i killed of all of his units. It was great, it feels so good beating an undead.

Reaction score
Website
Visit site
They aren't good against NE. Most night elf goes Dyrad / Somthing. Griff's have a magic attack, and dyrads are resistant to magic.

Emperor Pan I

Respected Member
Reaction score
yeah, but something like dragon hawks that come from the same building own drayds cause of armor types.

Reaction score
Website
Visit site
True, but unfortunetly not that many people think they need them.

Emperor Pan I

Respected Member
Reaction score
It's unfortunate that Human players arn't flexible. its always the same thigns agaisnt human palyers.

not to mention the thing is dhawks are the best AAA, simply becuase they completely immobalize and take down air fast. bats come in second follow by hippos then gargs.

Reaction score
Website
Visit site
Yeah. Usually if somone masses out Griff they don't figure that anything can beat it, and when they get beat the are in shock.

Beer $lut

Reaction score
I just got my self from level 9 to 11 and like one day from Gryphons, i love them. :D

Reaction score
Website
Visit site
No, that is called a bad ladder. But for the most part they are pretty effective, unless you get rushed.

Emperor Pan I

Respected Member
Reaction score
tier 3 air unfortunately is overpowered for all races (i will call wyverns this even if they are tier 2). simply because noraml ranged units like archers and berserkers are incredibly weak, and focus from a mass of chims will take out the most hardened of players. not to mention heros make quick work of these units, like TC stomp/shockwave, nova, thunderclap, etc.

Air anti-air with the exception of the dragon hawk who has the best aaa spell, stands little chance. look at gargs and hippos, they are unarmored so units like wyverns rip through them with piercing and poison. not to mention batriders dont do enough damage to say a destroyer or a chim to bring it down. u need at least 3. tier 3 air has become a game decider simply because their counters are countered with heros and easily less expensive units. then we look at chims which dont attack air but is a flying deathstar that rips bases to shreads and have incredible defence to units that are supposed to counter them. even if u know its coming, most races have no counter to this. bats dont take down chims and by the time wyverns take em down ur base is done.

Reaction score
Website
Visit site
Another way Dyrads would be a good choice, but it still is a hard win. Have you ever seen 3 teams mass air? I was against 3 night elfs that did it. There is no way to beat it. Wyverns do have pretty light armor so it isn't that hard to take them out.

Beer $lut

Reaction score
Originally posted by Dopple_Of_Stalin
No, that is called a bad ladder. But for the most part they are pretty effective, unless you get rushed.
Uh no its not, youve never seen me play. Gryphons are good, but there not always good at the right times.