How to remove trojans and protect your sytem against them!

DiabloDos986

Member!
Reaction score
Website
www.geocities.com
just be careful what you download and only download from companies youve heard of like Blizzhackers ( their my favorite)
Just do that and if you do get one use the advice up top and youll be fine!

Korittke

Member!
Reaction score
Website
Visit site

Crusadage

Member!
Reaction score
Website
Visit site
Originally posted by BannedBirdHouse
Can we have more than one firewall?
I personally prefer Norton Personal Firewall, because of it's great alert system. But, Zonealarm is also a great firewall.

Korittke

Member!
Reaction score
Website
Visit site
norton firewall is gay, it will let any program connect to the internet that has 'Microsoft Corporation' as manufacterer in the executables versio info lol. zonealarm and sygate are good afaik, but infact there are ways to bypass any firewall...

Rudy

Reaction score
Website
Visit site
i use PC-cillin's firewall it seems to work good. it protects against alot of things. i also turn on Windows XP firewall too.

Theroy

BattleForums Senior Member
Reaction score
Website
www.securegamers.com
All trojans, work server client correct? Meaning after you execute the server file. They will still need your ip. So unless, you got it sent to you over msn or any other messaging program. Where, netstat will give you an ip. You're pretty much safe, you're just sitting there with a back door and if you opened a injected hack theres, a 5% chance that some one will use it, do to theres no way of some random person knowing, you got it. :rolleyes:

Some_Dumb_Guy

Member!
Reaction score
Website
Visit site
umm just wondering but on my comp for the kernel32 thing it has it on there but win i go to the thing u said to it isnt there i was just wondering y kuz i cant delete it in my files kuz it says it is being used by my computer at the momen

Some_Dumb_Guy

Member!
Reaction score
Website
Visit site
what is w32/teuin kuz i scanned my comp and it said that one and this program trj/adclicker were virus's i was just wondering what they were and they state dissinfected next to them i was just wondering wut they were

Theroy

BattleForums Senior Member
Reaction score
Website
www.securegamers.com
Yes delete kernel32 and see what happens.

Ebay.God

Member!
Reaction score
Website
www.xtreme-host.net
just go get ad aware and you will be able to get rid of optix (i think thats what kernal32 is, either that or netdevil, either way it will get rid of it, unless its version 1.32 of optix, then your screwed for awhile, its still undetectable, im guessing this is hte only thread that you are aloud to talk about trojans? i also guess its only because its telling you howto get rid of them, :p

A

Apostle

I am running Windows 2000; service pack 4, and I can not seem to find that restore file. I do not even have a windows folder, just a winnt, and the winnt does have a system32 but nothing even close to a restore thing. Any help would be appreciated.

-Eric
Down With The system

Greywolf

Member!
Reaction score
Website
Visit site
1 question. If I format my pc, are all the trojans, virus, and shit gone? Couse then I just format and Install all the protect programs and I'm done