How does ne counter necs?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Aquiyutiluded

Member!
Reaction score
Website
Visit site
well, i've played tons of games where my team ( 3v3) looks like it's winning. All of a sudden, 12 necs come in, raise dead, and kill everything. I run off and hide in my base and then they come in and kill me there. does anyone know the right way to deal with necs?

JBWT3

Member!
Reaction score
Website
Visit site
Dryads would dispel the summons... Chims would beat the shit out of skellies because of splash damage. Even if they get crippled Dryads dispel it. Come on... necros cant be that big of a problem. A Mountain Giant or two would also help if you play FT

Xiode

Member!
Reaction score
Yep, what he said, plus if your using TFT, some dragons could help against those necs, cuz there really good .vs spellcasters....
Also, if if you had any units with purge, that could help too.

DaiLo

Reaction score
Website
Visit site
If you see a army of necros coming and don't think your army can hold them off, your team can always move back away from the dead bodies. That way when the necros raise dead the skeletons will be in front of your armies instead of being raised all over the place.
Also if you have the warden she can easily kill skeles with one or two arrow showers. If you can micro well, you can have ur main army concentrate on killing the necros and have your warden finish the skeles. That way the other guy will try to move his necros around to avoid getting killed and therefore won't be able to cast anymore skeles.

Xiode

Member!
Reaction score
Also, always a really good strategy....RUN!!
Skeles only last so long, then they die.
Well "Wont the necs just make more?" you ask?
Well, they have to run out of mana sometime :)

JBWT3

Member!
Reaction score
Website
Visit site
NO NO NO... dont run! that will give him more time to build more to his army... plus the necros WILL NOT RUN OUT OF MANA THAT FAST. and he will now know exactly what to do to counter your army.

Please dont run

Biske

BattleForums Senior Member
Reaction score
Yeah, please tell m you knew that Art. Detonate is pretty powerful when used at the right moment.

Xiode

Member!
Reaction score
LoL, never thought of that!
Ill have to try it sometime .vs necs....
On the otherhand, archers own skeles anyway, the real problem i have is when im playing human, cuz footies are so weak.

x42bn6

Retired Staff
Reaction score
It does. That's why I like stockpiling about 5000 lumber or more just in case. I've sneaked several Wisps before and drained heroes of all mana before.

But losing to skels?

Another fun thing is Starfall..... fresh xp for your PotM.

Aragorn7

Member!
Reaction score
The solution is air guys, air. Skeles can't hit em. But the best solution would probably be detonate. Even though I don't like the idea of losing a wisp every time you wanna wack 10 skeles. I play as undead and I know that the necs are very weak. If they are attacked before you attack anything they cannot cast anymore skeletons. Or...get your other friends to help you with negating the skeletons (using dispel or devour magic).

x42bn6

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Does that mean you'd use Air to hit everything? What if he uses Necros and Gargs? What if he brings then down with Fiends?

Get about 5 Wisps on Lumber and don't go Dryads early, then after about 15 minutes check your lumber.

I think you can waste a Wisp detonating.

Shizo

Member!
Reaction score
Website
Visit site
well, if you go air, then your heros are toast, skells may not do much damage, but when 40 of em attack 1 hero, your hero is kinda screwed, if you are smart though, battle at night, so you can shadowmeld out of battle

Aragorn7

Member!
Reaction score
You don't have to go mass air. TFT is about mixing and matching units together. It isn't really about massing hunts anymore. If you have a few hunts in there to kill the necs and a few chims you should have no problem taking out the skeles.

Make sure you target the necs first though!

Xiode

Member!
Reaction score
I would want mass hunts .vs necros, cuz of there bouncing attacks. Either that, or hippo riders....with some chims.

Status
Not open for further replies.