How can I get Two Starfall base spell in same map

Ur_Shak

Reaction score
Website
Visit site
I want to create 2 Starfall base spells in the same map.

Starfall 1 - keeps the orginal buff art.

Starfall 2 - uses different buff art.

I am using FT Editor.

Any ideas?

Kaldaris

BattleForums Senior Member
Reaction score
Website
www.sundren.org
Just create a new custom ability with starfall as the base ability... And change the caster and target art... Voila... another starfall.

Ur_Shak

Reaction score
Website
Visit site
But If I change the caster and target art in the .txt file will that effect the original starfall spell to?

Nature's Spell

Member!
Reaction score
aleppo,syria,middle east,asia,planet earth
Website
Visit site
No It'll Only Be Canged In The Newly Created Custom Starfall Spell And Just In Case You Don't Know How To Do It :

Open Up The Object Editor And Go To The Abilities Section , Scroll Down Till You Find The Original Starfall Spell Right Click On It And Choose - Copy Ability - ( Or Something Like That ) Then Right Click On The Directory And Choose - New Custom Ability - Pick A Name ( Can Be Starfall ) And Choose The Other Options Randomly , Then Right Click On The Newly Created Starfall And Choose - Paste Ability - And On The Menu To The Right Change The Art Buff And Possibly Other Arts And Stats And Voila ! Your New Custom Starfall !

Hope I Helped Make Things A Little Bit Clean ! :)

Ur_Shak

Reaction score
Website
Visit site
Nature & Kalsaris tks, but that does not work.

The Starfall life drain Targetart is still displaying StarfallTarget.mdl.

It seems if you you change the Starfall life drain Targetart to a different model in the NightElfAbilityFunc.txt file it will effect all spells base of Starfall.

So I cannot have to starfall spells in same map, unless I want to use same Starfall life drain Targetart?