Help me with steam

CelestialBadger

Retired Staff
Reaction score
I just got CS about a week ago and I'm already having trouble with it. I've given up on ever getting a reply back from Valve about the problem so I was wondering if anyone here could help me.

Whenever I run CS (or any game for that matter) through Steam the game gets to the opening screen and then freezes (In task manager it says it's not responding). Does anyone else have this problem or know how to fix it?

jd-inflames

Melodic Murderer
Reaction score
Website
www.cursedprophets.com
Have you tried reinstalling? It sounds like steam is trying to access something and just isn't finding it.

Master.America

Premium Member
Reaction score
Website
www.soundclick.com
Are the games done installing?

Right-click CS in the Games menu and click Properties. It should say "Ready to play." If not, then the game is still downloading content. If it isn't downloaded, change the game's setting to "Always update this game."

intel

Premium Member
Reaction score
You should show us an SS (screenshot), and btw windows always tells me that cs isn't repsonding i just wait like 10-20 secs and it works...

CelestialBadger

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Demon: A screenshot would just show the opening screen for CS. I figured it was just loading at first too, until I walked out of the room for about ten minutes and came back to the same screen.

America: I did what you said and it says I still need updates even though I already downloaded a 79mb patch a couple days ago.

JD: I'm going to try reinstalling and just downloading the patch again. I guess I should leave Steam installed though right?

CelestialBadger

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Okay, I think it's taken care of. For some reason Steam allows me to launch the game before the patch has actually been fully downloaded thus causing me to crash.

Thanks for the help.