Help me about 4vs4 strategies

mjohnson

Reaction score
In our school, we had a 4vs4 Warcraft TFT tourneys.
Can somebody help me form a team of races and some cheap strategies.
Any tips will help since i normally play solos

Ntrik_

Premium Member
Reaction score
I would have to say 4 orcs,

All going with SH, learning Serpernt Ward.

2 of them going with Serpent ward and Healing
other 2 going serpent ward and hex

then have 2 going healing go for grunts
the other two makes grunts + trolls at first, then lean to Demos and trolls only.

GOGO

mjohnson

Reaction score
can i be the human and the other 3 orcs.
ill get archmage as my first hero as a mana supporter for the three?
or i just have human, a NE and 2 orcs.
having the NE play mass archer and any hero. (what hero?)dont know about NE so much.sorry.

ChrisH36

Guy with Most Posts on Quiet Board.
Reaction score
NtRik_ said:
I would have to say 4 orcs,

All going with SH, learning Serpernt Ward.

2 of them going with Serpent ward and Healing
other 2 going serpent ward and hex

then have 2 going healing go for grunts
the other two makes grunts + trolls at first, then lean to Demos and trolls only.

GOGO
That last fools who tried that were forced to run because of 2 protectors and my warden owning thier wards and shs. Then we managed to rush them and totally crush thier bases. Any human hero besides Blood Mage will help you out at first. I don't like the blood mage first since he wont have much mana regen at first to be totally useful and he only has 2 armor at lvl 1.

Ntrik_

Premium Member
Reaction score
Hellwolf_36 said:
That last fools who tried that were forced to run because of 2 protectors and my warden owning thier wards and shs. Then we managed to rush them and totally crush thier bases. Any human hero besides Blood Mage will help you out at first. I don't like the blood mage first since he wont have much mana regen at first to be totally useful and he only has 2 armor at lvl 1.
This rush actually makes you rush when enemies don even have towers built, so whoever did it must have been an idiots.

Static

Premium Member
Reaction score
you be Human. And when the battling starts 3 men in the front of the base and 2 goblin blimp thingys(this is gonna be you now so listen up) full of siege tanks dropped to take out the main buildings of the base.

This will work once if not twice so try taking out the strongest first.

Revelade

BattleForums Member
Reaction score
Website
Visit site
I'd say rush and try to take one of them down fast. Once you do, it's a 4v3 and should be easier. I'd say use AoE heroes like the Pitlord, Panda or Alchemist.

ChrisH36

Reaction score
NtRik_ said:
This rush actually makes you rush when enemies don even have towers built, so whoever did it must have been an idiots.
Not really, 2 of the 4 fast teched and all they did with the wards was ff on my main which I was repairing. They had free shots against my towers and don't take em.

mjohnson

Reaction score
i suppose or assume that my oponents are not that excellent but average. maybe they like lvl3tier battles but we'll atack by rush.
a)if we rush battle an oponent who are weak on rushes, is 3 orcs and human(me) suitable in this case?
b)if we decide tier3 battles what races must my 3 teamates build + me as the supportive human? + tips on anti-rush for this case.
c)for skilled and unknown opponent, what races must my 3 teamates choose to avoid rush attacks and and still good at rush and tier3 battles.

any oppinion, suggestion or answer is greatly appreciated. thank you!!

ChrisH36

Reaction score
If one of you goes human, and you get paladin. You can heal heroes and keep the fighting longer. One person would need to pick ranged, melee then whatever he wants (not mass casters). The human can support with thier own melee or some mortars and such. A base design and keeping them worried is the best way to keep yourselves from losing.

mjohnson

Reaction score
nice suggestions.

does anybody know how to apply teamwork in 4vs4 battles? assuming we try to conquer one base?

most average opponent players teleport quickly to their own team that have been rushed. plus, tight defense of the base. it seems 4vs5 having our side on the losing edge?

plus, what team is weak against rush?(i min, those base that is weak even if he mass towers)

Ntrik_

Premium Member
Reaction score
mjohnson said:
nice suggestions.

does anybody know how to apply teamwork in 4vs4 battles? assuming we try to conquer one base?

most average opponent players teleport quickly to their own team that have been rushed. plus, tight defense of the base. it seems 4vs5 having our side on the losing edge?

plus, what team is weak against rush?(i min, those base that is weak even if he mass towers)
I'd say weak races against rush is Nightelf, all they got is... yea

Orcs would be weak if you had huge force, after all, all their defensive buildings are heavy armor type...

ChrisH36

Reaction score
Until you go Fortress and get Reinforced Burrows upgrade. Even then thats not a good idea. Considering now you have made your defense structures potent to siege than they do to magic. Also making these structures hard to access and proper blocking can keep them alive long enough to make them effective.

With towers you need to think two things:
  • They cannot be accessed by the enemy too easily (usually melee will cut it)
  • They can still defend you and your workers can reach them if they need to repair it

crafIT

Reaction score
well...if i were you, don;t worry 2 much...only few thinghs u can do in 4v4

mass mass mass and MASS units (pretty nooobie) BUT MASS

+please dun get all ur allies to go melee or range

av 2 melee 2 range? and then get sum1 2 get air n so forth..

gud technique would b 2 split in2 two teams.

so bascially tat allows you 2 creep faster+attack enemy easier and might tiger them 2 TP to n forth..btw tower = gayness

towers arnt fun =[

ChrisH36

Reaction score
mjohnson said:
nice suggestions.

I recommend splitting into two parties and attack at the same time. Or better yet, let one team attack first, and cause most of them to tp. Then the other team can take advantage of a defenseless base and do some real damage.