HELP! Imune to cold...

A

Advante

My Sorceress can't go any further in V1.10. There are much monsters that have imune to one or more elemental magic. It's a pity that in V1.07,I just need to put maximum skill point on Frozen Orb and Cold Mastery,but now although the data show that cold mastery is (still) piercing,even the percentage raise from V1.07, but (it makes me upset) no hit point reduced from monsters that imune to cold. Why?

Soujiro

Member!
Reaction score
ummm... i didnt understand the last part, but, thats when you teleport past them or when you make a dual element(fire is reccommended)

SephirothX89

Member!
Reaction score
Website
Visit site
You could also make a kickass merc if u could afford one

eth andy visage
CoH eth arcon
eth reapers/reaver/bonehew

TnTProductions

Member!
Reaction score
Website
www.thegrave.cjb.net
Either get a good merc or start getting more skill points to put in a new element tree. Making dual or tirple element sorcs are pretty easy. With the right gear you could get 20 to blizzar, meteor, and chain lightening. Although if you don't have the mana for that your sorc would be pretty weak. Tri-elementalist are not very popular becuase of the fact that they can't do over 10k with any spell....that is, of course, if you don't have an inventory full of nice + skill charms.

IDefy

BattleForums Senior Member
Reaction score
If you're sorc is already above say level 60 don't bother making it a Bi or Tri-elemental sorc. Spend time leveling a merc after you acquire some decent gear. If you start plugging points away into say meteor it won't help you much, you'll be sitting there clicking 10 times before something is dead because splitting points between elements hasn't worked since the orb/nova days. Just get a quality act 2 merc from nightmare level him to the same level as you then kill those immune to cold bastards.

Amantis

Can you love such me?
Reaction score
Website
www.geocities.com
Get a good melee mercenary to compensate, but I would have suggested to spend some points into inferno as well if you weren't at such high levels.

- Amantis

aphextwin

BattleForums Senior Member
Reaction score
i'd run :\ its just the eaziest way

Ntrik_

Premium Member
Reaction score
act 2 merc with might aura, botd items etc, you know the drill

and max lightning mastery and thunder storm

if that doesn work, I'd run and cry as well :(

Oh wait, shouldnt you be in party in 1.10? Then other party members can tank and kill that cold immune?

...no?

HellThrone

Member!
Reaction score
Well my cold sorc, along with my fire sorc (Differant chars) both use a kickass merc (a2, fire has holy freeze merc, cold has the defensive aura.. cant remember name of the aura but it's the NM defensive merc) with eth gaze, eth shaft, and eth 3 soc tomb reaver. At high levels their health will get around 2.5k and they're nice little tanks. I'd suggest sticking to your one element and getting static feild to help out the merc. other than that, you should be fine. Most of the time just teleport around them but if it's Baal's minions or something where you have to kill, merc will be great help. I hope that helps ya.

Premium Member
Reaction score
Website
gamerz-lounge.com
Wow, everybody is pointing out alternatives. That is a weird SOB type of a problem you got their.

A

Advante

first, sorry it was a 3 years ago question...

thanks for all those alternative ways, I really appreciate them. now i have choose to 'equip' my sorceress with all 3 elements.

Just one thing confuse me, like in v1.10, v1.11 give me the same question.

what is the piercing means in the description
Cold Mastery
Passive - Increase The Damage of Your Cold Attacks
by Piercing Enemies' Resistance to Cold
?

because in V1.07, although a monster come with notice "immune to cold", they still receive damage from any cold magic.

(OOT : o well, the new patches really mess up my sorceress :D
now in hell difficulty, my sorceress' static field magic can only reduce half of monsters HP...)