Not open for further replies.

phreakerhaxxor

BattleForums Addict
Reaction score
http://www.guildwars.com/
http://www.worldofwarcraft.com/

ive seen both, the biggest difference in these is the monthly fee

World of WarCraft: Monthly fee of 10-15$

"Will there be a monthly fee for Guild Wars?

No, there will not be a monthly subscription fee of any kind, anywhere in the world."

I know some of you seem to think 10-15$ isn't a lot, to me it is, im not really made of money and a monthly subscription like that is NOT WORTH IT. id rather upgrade my dsl for 10 bucks a month...

Guild wars *i heard* is from the makers of starcraft and all that other good stuff, you join different types of guilds and master it, its moderated, clean community, and will be out sooner then WoW, duno bout you guys but i dont care if its the best game in 2000 years...going to the store and buying it for 50 bucks is all the money theyre getting out of me.

Reaction score
rock on i totally agree i think u posted this a long time ago lol but still rock on :D

SweatyOgre

BattleForums Senior Member
Reaction score
phreakerhaxxor said:
Guild wars *i heard* is from the makers of starcraft and all that other good stuff, you join different types of guilds and master it, its moderated, clean community, and will be out sooner then WoW, duno bout you guys but i dont care if its the best game in 2000 years...going to the store and buying it for 50 bucks is all the money theyre getting out of me.
GW is by the original Diablo II team, who have long since left Blizzard. It's not really different types of guilds, a guild is just your group of people you choose to be in a guild with, you can play with anyone. I realize this is an old thread, so I won't comment on the "out sooner than WoW."

Samsara said:
GW makes you pay per patch. GEEGEENORE
No, you pay for expansion packs, as with any other game. The game is constantly streaming updates to you as they come, so there are no patches.

dP said:
I can't believe people still care about money over gameplay. Sheesh.
No monthly fee is just an added plus to a great game.

Beer $lut

Reaction score
SweatyOgre said:
GW is by the original Diablo II team, who have long since left Blizzard. It's not really different types of guilds, a guild is just your group of people you choose to be in a guild with, you can play with anyone. I realize this is an old thread, so I won't comment on the "out sooner than WoW."

No, you pay for expansion packs, as with any other game. The game is constantly streaming updates to you as they come, so there are no patches.

No monthly fee is just an added plus to a great game.
This is the wow forums and you are being warned for talking about this game out of place. geegeenore

Beer $lut

Reaction score
SweatyOgre said:
1.) Good luck warning me.
2.) Warn everyone in this thread then.
3.) How will you warn anyone?
4.) It wasn't offtopic, it was being related to WoW.
5.) geegeenore yourself
k looooooooooooooooooooooooser

Status
Not open for further replies.