Grat's Pan

bamthedoc

King Endymion
Reaction score
Website
www.fanfiction.net
[color=royal blue]On your inaguration as FF Moderator, I wrote this: I hope you like...it's a first for me. Also, forgive me if I get your gender wrong in this. I'm tired as I write and "he" was the only thing I could think of.[/color]

In a village, not known by many, there was a wise oracle. This oracle was ignored for the most part until the wisest of the elders stood up and took notice. This wise man was not oft spoken of lightly, for all knew he had an odd ability to smite those who were uncouth. When he took notice of the oracle, he was almost elated, but knew that, with the appointment, only hardship could rightly follow. He needed time to prepare, and allies to sponsor him. There was a warrior he knew, and the oracle quickly called upon him. It was not completely his choice, however, as the village's wisest elder had called upon him. But the warrior trusted the oracle with his very life.

They set out on a quest that led them to a great place. This place was a river set upon a plateau. They both knew this would be a challange, but they set about it anyway. This wellspring, they knew, would bring even greater knowledge to thier village, and they set about trying to control its rapids. It was a long and difficult plight, but, remembering their elder's words, they eventually achieved what they had set out to do upon coming to the river. The oracle and warrior were pleased with their work, and so they returned to their village, triumphant. But there was much controversy over what they had done. The elder believed in them, but they were still talked about behind closed doors.

Only time would tell if the mission had finally succeeded. They knew what they had done was right, and the oracle was pleased. He had finally achieved what he wanted. The warrior had helped him, but the warrior took no credit, though the songs still sing his praise. The oracle is the one who's names were written upon the river's banks, and that is the way the elder knew it would be. The oracle was pleased, for the journey had finally begun.

~written on a whim by bamthedoc
~~aka, DragonAgnstEvil
~~~~Enjoy