Good Nova setup for JED

Rayjiano

Reaction score
Website
Visit site
I was just wondering what a nice nova char for jed would look like, equip, stats, skills, etc... what's your setups and such.

RiX

BattleForums Senior Member
Reaction score
Website
thelazyshopper.wwdb.biz
......skulldres....ist occulus, occy rings(2), shako topaz'ed, 2+ sorc prismatic 30+mf ammy, rhyme shield or 4isted monarch, 50% war travs, goldwrap, 40%chance

max nova, max storm, max light mastery, max orb, good static

156 str, no dex, some vit, lots of mana to compensate for low health

use energy shield, frozen armor, for defense...and your set...i just thought of this now...winged it....so if you dont like bite me =) j/k

han_solo

Member!
Reaction score
Website
Visit site
i dont recommend thunder storm cause as far as i know you dont have any mf when thunder storm kills a monster for you.

Aris

Member!
Reaction score
Website
Visit site
Originally posted by han_solo
i dont recommend thunder storm cause as far as i know you dont have any mf when thunder storm kills a monster for you.
well ive never heard that one before. as far as i know tstorm is just like any other spell killing a monster.

like i told someone else here just yesterday. strats n stuff for making chars really belongs in the "statagies and tactics" forum.
flaming cow will prolly just move this thread their later.

well i'll copy/paist them for you. its what i use for my pindle/mf char:

SORC:

MAX the following skills: Nova, Tstorm, Light Mastery, Orb.

put 1 skill into each of these skillz as well as 1 into each of the prerequisits for the skills. warmth, static field, manashield, shiver armor.

as for stats:

145str (add in 2 from shako, and 10 from war travs and you'll ahve the 156str requirement for either stormshield or a 4ist'd monarch)

ZERO DEX

100 vit. (i only have 100 and i have 615 health. more than enough)

everything else into energy. you can never have too much on a sorc.

Items for a mf setup (i will not include hacked/duped/bugged items as i never use them)

IST'd Oculus, PT tals armor, tals ammy, 15%mf tals belt, PT shako, 40% chanceguards, 2x 30% nagels, 50% war travs, UM'd Stormshield.

this setup will give you around 500% mf as well as max cold/lightning resists in hell after you do the anya quests.

recommended merc/items for merc:

act2 nightmare, defensive (has the holy freeze aura)
PT tals armor, AMN'd ethereal spire of honor, PT'd ethereal 50% steelskull.

this will give your merc just under 200% mf as well as max fire/cold/lightning resists in hell once he reaches lvl 88.

Rayjiano

Reaction score
Website
Visit site
Thanks for your input, I was close to buying skullders but instead bought the tals armor and such.

Aris

Member!
Reaction score
Website
Visit site
Originally posted by gamergal
heh... tals armor is really expensive (sojs-wise of course), and really rare... i couldn't find anyone who was willing to trade their tals armor for any price, so i'm stuck with skulders... =P
you must be on crack dude. you can pick up a PT tals for as low as 8soj. but 10 is the standard if its PT'd. 12 for a clean one.

its not THAT expensive. UM'd SS or 50% travs would be more expensive off of that list i gave.

but im listing the items i use / i believe to be the BEST MF equip for a sorc in the game (minus bugged/hacked/duped items cause i dont use them)

Aris

Member!
Reaction score
Website
Visit site
Originally posted by Rayjiano
Thanks for your input, I was close to buying skullders but instead bought the tals armor and such.
yeah if your a sorc theirs no reason to use skulders over tals. after you add in the 65% mf bonus from having the belt/ammy

you'd have to have skullders with a 30%+mf ammy and goldwrap and be lvl 99 to just have about 20% more mf than tals setup. but you would also lose about 40% resist fire/cold and 77% lightning resist. idunno about you but the extra 20% mf isnt worth loosing the resists or the +2 skillz fro tals ammy.

and even if your not a sorc tals armor is still the best mf armor in the game IMO. its 112%mf with a PT in it. skullders only starts to beat that when your lvl 90. and even at lvl 99 its only 12% more mf. and you lose a shit load of resists.