mountain king-?

Neutral-anything
pit lord-hit and run-howl of terror+cleaving attack/rain of fire
dark ranger-black arrow
tinker-rockets+pocket factory+engineering upgrade
alchemist-acid bomb+ chemical
firelord-incarnate+spawns/soul burn against heros
sea wich-forked lightning+manasheild /cold arrow against heros
pandaren brewmaster-drunken haze+breath of fire/ drunken *****er to evade and do extra damage

zx9r

Member!
Reaction score
Dont really agree with ya on the orc side, shadow hunters wards kinda suck, they have low hp, u cant really aim them, and hex is a MUCH better spell for taking heroes out of the picture, which gives you free reign to take out workers. Hex, kill workers, hex, kill workers, repeat. Its even better if u have 2 shadow hunters (team game) hexing heroes/units, gives u a pretty good rush strategy.

Same thing with UD, sleep is a better spell (usually) for the DL than carrion swarm, it just doesnt do enough dmg at lvl 1 to be a good harassment tool, DK is better for harassing anyways, hes so fast, and lvl 1 coil is great for bombing wisps.

And most people when going Archmage with HU dont get all 3, they will either get Brilliance/WE or Brilliance/Blizz, its too hard to focus on all 3, and lvl 3 water elementals tend to be sickly =)

just my 2 cents.

ChrisH36

Guy with Most Posts on Quiet Board.
Reaction score
zx9r said:
Dont really agree with ya on the orc side, shadow hunters wards kinda suck, they have low hp, u cant really aim them, and hex is a MUCH better spell for taking heroes out of the picture, which gives you free reign to take out workers.
Are you kidding? In 3on3 RT/AT, serpent ward flooding is the best strategy to easily harass someone.

zx9r

Member!
Reaction score
Against newbs maybe, but any skilled player wont be bothered by wards. You never really see them used in 1v1 or 2v2's, unless maybe people fooling around. I guess in a 4v4 if you had 2-4 shadow hunters spamming wards, it could be useful, but personally id rather have 2-4 farseers spamming doggies. at least u can control them. hell, even chainwave is more effective than wards. just my 2 cents. =\

ChrisH36

Reaction score
Thats because in 1on1 and 2on2, the shadow hunter is more of a support hero. You are better off with the basic 3 if you want a hero to start with, mostly I use Tauren Chieftan for Shockwave or War Stomp. The only time I have seen a 3on3 SH run fail was when I had an ancient protector up before they attacked me and I had a warden. Managed to destroy most of the wards alone and killed 1 shadow hunter for his stupidity. Mostly because he had like 20 life left and he attempted to setup a ward, but he had to move within striking distance of my Protector. We ended up getting them off my ass, and we won.

G-Blunted

Member!
Reaction score
Wow dude, calm down...first off, you can't just go off naming heros and spells and say they're good for harass. And wtf is "Long Attack"?? Like wtf??

What I'm saying is...Only harass UD has is DK+COil+RoN vs. all races (except maybe NE you can do without rod), and Lich+RoN vs. HU. Harassing with beatles isnt as good for your crypt lord as creeping with them. And carrion for DL good for harass? Wtf are you smoking?

LOL!!!! And PotM Arrows good for harass...LOL!! PlZ!! GOSU POTM HARASS FOR THE WIN!!! ROFLMAO!!

ChrisH36

Reaction score
Long attack probably means FS/wolves or bring demos, even though demos are real melee/caster slaughterhouses :).

zx9r

Member!
Reaction score
I normally play RT, either 2v2, 3v3, 4v4 so harassing is something i do a lot... Heres my personal list of hero harassers, by race:

Undead:
DK with coil hands down. He is fast for hit and run, and coil can knock out workers/low units like archers quick.

Human:
Toss between AM with Blizz or BM with Flamestrike OR Banish. (remember we are harassing...)

Orc:
Blademaster hands down. Nothing like stocking up on salves/clarity pots/speed scrolls and causing some havoc in bases. Works great when you have 1 or 2 more BM's all hitting individual bases.

Night Elf:
Would rather harass with any other race, but if i was, id choose KoTG with tangle, or DH with mana burn.

the key thing to remember is when u harass, if you can continue to build in your base, and creep with some units, you will be all set. I cant count the times ive seen ppl harass and just leave there base sitting there... anyways just my 2 cents...

G-Blunted

Member!
Reaction score
Okay first, harass in 4's is 100% pointless....

Farseer can harass better than blademaster in the right hands....

Obviously DH with manaburn or immolation is what you get if you harass with NE...

Demos?? You don't harass with demos...

And the key thing to remember when you harass is to not let your DK get hit too much...making units or teching is the given...

xgoonx

Member!
Reaction score
definitions
hit and run- say that there is a well guarded town, i would have to use a nuke spell than get outa there as quick as i can

long attacks- i can stay for a while by summoning units and murder the workers

and the reason i say bloodmage cant stay a while is becuz hes not good at taking in damage

brightlight

Member!
Reaction score
serpent ward has been used in b/w progamers in 1vs1 match. I believe it was orc vs human

ChrisH36

Reaction score
Mystic Sorcerer did this once on a harass. He summoned a water elemental, then buffed it with Lightning Shield and ran it into the gold mine peons. He managed to kill all 5 before he needed to escape.