GMB needed advice please?

aussiee

Reaction score
Website
www.sa4w.zoomshare.com
Hi, I have returned to d2 after a 4yr break and have fast discovered that wonderful Faith bow.. I gotta have one!

Thing is.. i have the runes but no bow to put them in yet and I was wondering firstly

WHERE these bows are dropped most commonly - ie so I can go find myself one...

If I found one unsocketed, HOW to socket it (ie cube recipe I have heard... no idea how..)

And.. if I were to trade one - what would I have to give in return - say either in runes or items... I have no idea of the basic bow's worth...

I am not talking about trading a faith bow.. I'm talking about trading the GMB socketed or unsocketed - and its worth..

Would appreciate the help.. its hard to get help on D2, everyones too busy - thanks :)

:corn

Dis9

Member!
Reaction score
No idea lol, but welcome to battleforums!

Have a good time and be friendly, you know...

dont piss any one off lol.

aussiee

Reaction score
Website
www.sa4w.zoomshare.com
Thanks mate ;) Yeh I'm not here to upset anyone, I'm a nice passive female who just wants some advice :)

I am new to trading - didn't do it last time I played - which lasted a long time with several kickbutt chars so I'm not totally newbie - just to trading and to the awesome faith bow!

I have no idea what stuff is worth IE I have a blade of ali-baba, way back it used to be worth a bit coz of the MF on it - these days I find its woth not much??

Johnny

IMMERSION RUINED
Reaction score
A grand matron bow w/ 2 or 3 skills (don't know the most possible) is the best choice. The best place of find it (and any elites) are either the Pits (level one/two, act 1) or cows; both in hell of course. If you find one unsocketed, you can use the socket quest to get the max sockets (5) otherwise you can use the formula (can't remember, sorry) to give it a random number of sockets.

aussiee

Reaction score
Website
www.sa4w.zoomshare.com
Ok.. this is all good thanks Odlaw..

So.. if I were to have a bow with say 6 sockets - and I only used 4 it would work?

I am genuinely a newbie at making these things - ppl used to make them for me - this time I wanna do it..

And I shall go looking for the recipe for the cube socketing - this will be fun :)

Thanks for your help (Now to try and get the pits complete without dying! ugh - using a buriza atm which doesn't quite cut it!)

cheers!

Johnny

IMMERSION RUINED
Reaction score
That would not work, it has to have exactly 4 sockets in order to use a 4-rune runeword. What realm/core/ladder do you play on? I could perhaps help you out with some stuff you could use to trade for a 4os 3skill gm.

Code:
1 Ral Rune + 1 Amn Rune + 1 Perfect Amethyst + Normal Weapon = Socketed Weapon of same type
The number of sockets created will vary. The item must be normal and unsocketed. Low-quality items and superior items do not work. The item gets 1-6 sockets, randomly. However, the number of sockets is then restricted by the maximum number of sockets that base item with that ilvl can have. For example, if you have an item that can only have 2 sockets, there's a 5/6 chance of getting 2 sockets and a 1/6 chance of getting 1 socket.

Epic High

Member!
Reaction score
if I were to have a bow with say 6 sockets - and I only used 4 it would work?
Nope.

GL finding a 4 GMB. Pretty rare, but worth the search. A 2 skill gmb would be only good if your faith came out to be 2 skills. Don't take any chances. Make faith with a 4 sock 3skill GMB so that if you want to trade it off it would be worth more in return.

http://www.battle.net/diablo2exp/items/cube.shtml
Here's the site to the cube recipes. Enjoy.

aussiee

Reaction score
Website
www.sa4w.zoomshare.com
Odlaw, I'm on USWest Ladder PM me if you can help that would be great. If you're on US W I'll let u know my username in there :) Thanks for the cube recipe too..

and Epic High.. thanks heaps for the link too! Having a looky now :)