Ghost bound for Next Generation?

Lwek

Member!
Reaction score
Website
www.Battleforums.com
Damn, I'm more into PC games than console games. I have a PS2 and the only reason why I have it is for Starcraft Ghost. If it comes out for next generation consoles other than the current ones, then I'm screwed. I don't want to spend a couple hundred dollars only to play $50-60 game.

PauseBreak

BattleForums Senior Member
Reaction score
Yea, I bought Xbox just to play Ghost.

-Azrael666-

Reaction score
ghost coming out on next generation consoles means one thing to me.. they don't get my 50 dollars

Wing Zero

lol just as planned
Reaction score
-Azrael666- said:
ghost coming out on next generation consoles means one thing to me.. they don't get my 50 dollars
isntead of 50 now threr makign u get 150+

-Azrael666-

Reaction score
i dont want to play it that bad.. i'll wait until i actually want a PS3 and get that, and if ghost is out then, then maybe

Emperor Pan I

Respected Member
Reaction score
The term "next generation" has often been applied to current systems, but the phrase has been abandoned of late, seeing as the release of new consoles is imminent. Well, the rumors aren't true. Earlier today, Blizzard representatives confirmed that StarCraft: Ghost would remain a title for the GameCube, PS2 and Xbox. The advertisement appeared in a booklet inside the World of Warcraft packaging, and apparently used outdated text, according to Blizzard. The company went on to say "there are currently no plans to develop the title for the next tier of next generation consoles," further cementing the fact that the Ghost rumor was just that, and nothing more.
It is going to come out on the current systems. It would be ALOT harder to suddenly drop the work on the current systems then suddenly start work on new systems.

Wing Zero

lol just as planned
Reaction score
MAby they would abandon SCg and start a new

Icedragon

BattleForums Addict
Reaction score
i cant really point a finger at it but i think it wouldnt be better if they did do it on a new console becuase not every launch title can fully use the system as if you wait a year or two you can fully exploit the system because you have had more time to work on it

Darkmatter

Battle God
Reaction score
Website
www.battleforums.com
Wing Zero said:
MAby they would abandon SCg and start a new
Like, perhaps StarCraft II? I wouls not buy a next generation console just to play StarCraft Ghost. Why? Mainly because, teehee, my friends will buy it first and save me the trouble. besides, my heart for gaming lies in this PC right here, and not in some console. You can thank my friends who got me into Diablo for that. :p

ArtOfProtoss

Member!
Reaction score
Website
Visit site
Radical Edward said:
Like, perhaps StarCraft II? I wouls not buy a next generation console just to play StarCraft Ghost. Why? Mainly because, teehee, my friends will buy it first and save me the trouble. besides, my heart for gaming lies in this PC right here, and not in some console. You can thank my friends who got me into Diablo for that. :p
I repeat! Blizzard's official word is "No." At least this is what their news releases and posts on B.net forums say.

Darkmatter

Battle God
Reaction score
Website
www.battleforums.com
I seen that, I was just saying. I don't even think I would buy a regular console to play it. Because again, my friends will get it well before I will, so I can just go see if it is worth playing for myself! :)

₪Zeratul₪

Member!
Reaction score
Website
www.blizzard.com
I think, (HOPE TO GOD) that it still will come out for Xbox, Gcube, and PS2. Mind you, older computer games can still be played on new computers.

Emperor Pan I

Respected Member
Reaction score
Next gen consols will be able to play older games (gamecube and Ps3 for sure. Xbox2 won't)

₪Zeratul₪

Member!
Reaction score
Website
www.blizzard.com
Why is Xbox2 excluded??

Renzokuken

Saved
Reaction score
Because i'm pretty sure they've (Or i've heard) that they just wont be backwards compatible (Like the PS2 is with PS games). Since the PS2 already is backwards compatible, i'm sure when the PS3 comes out, it will be backwards compatible too (If not, i'll cry :()

Microsoft is ghey, you should know that by now.