Gg?

ChrisH36

Guy with Most Posts on Quiet Board.
Reaction score
As with any general buff idea, it is not a war winner. Cripple, as you said should be saved for t3 units or high dps units or undead's idea of "ensare" when a ground unit is running away (air get webbed).

Icedragon

BattleForums Addict
Reaction score
I could see where this could be used against a line of tauren. like you guys say really t3 units with high dmgs

ChrisH36

Reaction score
Exactly, Tauren would be doing 18-27 with max upgrades and pulverize will take a while to pull off because of the tauren's slow ass attack speed.

ChrisH36

Reaction score
I know, but you see here is what happens when both combined.

Howl wears off in 15 seconds, and isn't dispellable
Cripple lasts 60 seconds, but is dispellable.

Also, Pit Lords may have strong constitution, but they take damage easily. So its gonna be difficult to utilize both necs and pit lord effectively.

Harris.On.Rento

Member!
Reaction score
yea.. but of course you use dk to heal the big guy.. and HoT cooldown is 12 sec so he can cast it again right away.. but I get the point.. dispel, yeah :( but I think most players get dispel when they see necros in fear of skeletons, not cripple.

TheoStormhawk

BattleForums Addict
Reaction score
Revelade said:
You might as well go necrowagon, since you will sure as hell be defenseless tier 2. If you aim to use cripple, by then, your opponent will bust out the fairie dragons, dryads, walkers, priests, breakers, or the worst of them all... destroyers...

I don't think focusing a strategy on cripple is a great idea. You are better off going necrowagon and hitting at tier 2 before he gets dispell units. Think of cripple as a bonus, rather than of main use. ONLY use it on high DPS/food units like wyverns, tauren or use it when trying to kill their hero.
I use it only against UD and the thing is that even if he knows that I'm going cripple, he can't do nothing about it, because for destro he needs tier3 and upgrade and a few statues. he can't do much if he has 1 destro.

Hellwolf_36 said:
Howl wears off in 15 seconds, and isn't dispellable
Howl isn't dispellable with nothing?????????
I didn't know this, not even with dispel magic, abolish, detonate, dischenant and stuff like that?

ChrisH36

Reaction score
I just call it Howl. But some of the hero buffs cannot be dispelled automatically. I believe Howl is one of them. I rarely notice it because it lasts 15 seconds.

Tobli

Reaction score
has anyone even TESTED this? it seems impractical that it would add up to 100%...
Anyways!
Wouldn't that mean Drunk Haze Level 3 + Curse would do 123% miss?

Ntrik_

Premium Member
Reaction score
Harris.On.Rento said:
So... cripple + lvl 3 howl of terror = damage reduction 100% = without dispel = gg. I know that HoT lasts only 15 seconds but the cooldown is 12 seconds so he can immediately cast it again when it ends. And cripple lasts 60 seconds.. and those two combined, enemy units do no damage at all.
I dont think its gonna be 100%

it will probly something like... I think howl is 50% dmg reduction, along with cripple right? so if this unit dealt 10 dmg,

with both howl and cripple, it will only do 2.5 dmg overall.

Howl = 50% dmg reduciton = 5 dmg
Cripple = 50% dmg reduction = 5/2 dmg = 2.5 dmg